Quantcast Poly DVC!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Poly DVC!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly DVC!!

We just booked Poly DVC for February! I'm so excited to finally have the chance to stay at this beautiful resort!! Any tips??
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the poly. Make sure to watch the light parade on the water. The movies are great outside and O'hanas is wonderful. Have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks jenperich thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We stayed for a week last Feb. and absolutely loved it! The oasis pool is super quiet and the food at the little pool bar was great.

We are going back next Feb. and currently have Bay Lake booked with Copper Creek (wilderness lodge) wait listed, but I am having second thoughts about our choices. The poly is calling my name! You will love it!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I see from your pictures (and name) that you have two boys. We also have two boys, so I'm glad that you like Poly with them. We have wanted to stay at Poly for so long and we're very excited!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenperich View Post
    I see from your pictures (and name) that you have two boys. We also have two boys, so I'm glad that you like Poly with them. We have wanted to stay at Poly for so long and we're very excited!
    Lol! I see from your signature you have a Collin! So do I!

My boys are now 17 and 15 and they loved poly! We had only stayed there once before, when they were much younger, and they loved it back then as well! However, wilderness lodge will always be their "home". We have stayed at nearly all the resorts, most multiple times, but their favorite has always been WL. I think because it reminds them of our first few trips when they were really young and disney was really magical to them!

I have no doubt you guys will enjoy the resort!

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned a few weeks ago from a week long stay at Poly DVC...it was a very relaxing resort, good food, nice grounds, and was quiet. (compared to our home resort BWV) We booked a standard view but requested the DVC longhouse that has mostly garden views (Tokelau) and got our request. One of the 3 DVC longhouses (Moorea) has free laundry facilities for members and is closest to the Transportation Ticket Ctr. The other longhouse that is standard view has rooms on one side that face the parking lot (Pago Pago).

Try and get your dining reservations in early if you are planning on eating at Ohana because the wait times were pretty long in the evening. Capt Cooks had some good quick service meals and we all enjoyed the Dole Whip quick service area.

Hope you enjoy.....

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Poly is our home resort, and we love it. The DVC rooms are very peaceful and relaxing. Something you might want to consider - Poly guests can order the Twilight Feast via room service. This is the 'Ohana menu brought to your room. It's $40 for an adult portion and $20 for a child's portion. The servings are huge, so plan on sharing. It's very cool to sit on the balcony (especially if you have a lake view) enjoying 'Ohana without the crowds, noise or the need to stress about getting an ADR.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

10. Likes TheSorcererofFantasia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh thanks for the tip Steve!

Post Thanks / Like

Missymouse & Steve, is there a longhouse with better lake views than others?

Post Thanks / Like

What view did u book? Moorea faces the lake on one side and has the lake view category rooms. Tokelau is standard view which can be of the gardens or towards the end can get some lake view sideways. I may be mistaken but if so someone who has as a home resort will come along and answer.

If you search online for poly longhouse info there is a site I used that lists all info on the resort. I don't know if I can post it here.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

We were in Tokelau and had a straight view of the oasis pool, but if we looked right and through some trees there was the castle!

Also, completely forgot about the Twilight Feast. We ordered it on our last night. The CM suggested we order one adult and one child feast. He said it would be plenty to feed the 4 of us and he was correct! We couldn't even eat it all! Our first night dinner at ohanas was over $220 after tax and tip. Our last night Twilight Feast was just over $80! My boys say the best thing about staying at the Poly was being able to have Ohanas room service!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenperich View Post
    Missymouse & Steve, is there a longhouse with better lake views than others?
    Only Moorea has lake views and, of course, that's a separate booking category. Request third floor (everyone else will be too - so no guarantee of course). We actually like the East end of Moorea (closest to the TTC). We don't find the ferry horn at all annoying - they add to the overall ambience of the place. I have some lovely pictures, but don't have a way to post them here. We've also stayed in Tokelau with a lovely view of the grounds. Not quite as magical as a lake view, but very restful.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We booked lake view, so I think we'll be getting Moorea. I'll let my husband know about the feast! Thanks everyone, this is making me even more excited.😁

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: