Quantcast One Man’s Dream to be Replaced by Walt Disney Presents exhibit on 9/8/17

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation One Man’s Dream to be Replaced by Walt Disney Presents exhibit on 9/8/17

9/4/17

The transformation of One Man's Dream into Walt Disney Presents has been announced to be complete on September 8, 2017.

At least some of the historical exhibits will be removed as part of this "re-imagining" to facilitate the exhibit's new Preview Center focus. Although some additional historical photos have been added, the large Florida Project exhibit has gone behind construction walls for an apparent removal.

8/15/17

Disney Parks & Resorts has announced a "re-imagining" and a new name for the current One Man’s Dream exhibit at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

... The One Man’s Dream attraction is currently being reimagined into Walt Disney Presents, which like its predecessor, will continue showcasing historic items from Walt Disney’s history, such as sketches, photos and storyboards. But wait – Walt Disney Presents will also act as a preview center where guests explore what’s next for the park. Starting in mid-September, you’ll be able to view concept art, ride vehicle maquettes and a never-before-seen model for Toy Story Land. A portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model also will be on display, as well as concept art for the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction.

The attraction will also continue to host greetings with characters like Star-Lord and baby Groot, plus special sneak previews of upcoming Disney films.
    While mentioning the preservation of the relatively new Meet & Greet area and the continuation of rotating sneak preview vignettes; the announcement conspicuously omits any mention of a film to replace the One Man's Dream finale film nor a continuation to the film itself.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I love the film, models, and Walt's desk.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

One Mans Dream is always a must do, I'm glad to see it is being revamped and not replaced. I do like the idea of adding the new concept art, models, etc.

I hope the film stays, the film is nice and it's also another opportunity to relax in the AC.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

5. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We always take a walk through, and I'm just glad it isn't being replaced overall.

And, I have to admit, I'd never seen a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, until I saw the preview of the last one and thought "hmm...they might not be so horrible after all".
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    And, I have to admit, I'd never seen a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, until I saw the preview of the last one and thought "hmm...they might not be so horrible after all".
    So funny ... same here! Unfortunately, the preview scene they showed was by far the best scene in the movie lol
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

See, I don't like the excerpts. Makes me feel like i should be hearing the words, "Now, On Blu-Ray"
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    So funny ... same here! Unfortunately, the preview scene they showed was by far the best scene in the movie lol
    Wait...you'd never seen the first one??
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    Wait...you'd never seen the first one??
    No I've seen them all ... not sure what you mean? I was referring to the preview of Pirates V that played in One Man's Dream. After the last two films I wasn't planning on seeing it, but the preview convinced me to. I just felt like the sequence they showed in the preview was by far the best scene in the film and overall I didn't really like it all that much.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the do keep the flavor of one man's dream, it would b a travesty if they take out all the cool things.
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

12. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    No I've seen them all ... not sure what you mean? I was referring to the preview of Pirates V that played in One Man's Dream. After the last two films I wasn't planning on seeing it, but the preview convinced me to. I just felt like the sequence they showed in the preview was by far the best scene in the film and overall I didn't really like it all that much.
    Oh, sorry. The previous statement from @ibelieveindisneymagic was, "I'd never seen a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, until I saw the preview of the last one and thought 'hmm...they might not be so horrible after all.'"

You said, "So funny...same here." I thought that meant you hadn't watched any POTC movies prior to seeing the recent screening at WDW.

Regarding that most-recent preview (we're talking about the one with bank being dragged through town?) - after watching it, I was like, "You know...maybe I'll give this one a try." But then Rotten Tomatoes confirmed my fears: 29 percent freshness rating. Sigh...hard to believe that the first one (such a good movie) was 14 years ago!!
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    Oh, sorry. The previous statement from @ibelieveindisneymagic was, "I'd never seen a Pirates of the Caribbean movie, until I saw the preview of the last one and thought 'hmm...they might not be so horrible after all.'"
    Ahh I misread that ... that was my bad. I thought she was speaking solely about the 5th film.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

May I just say that I am so impressed with the gentlemanly conduct displayed by Ian and Mendelson! Now that's the way to be respectful! Well done gentlemen!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Will One Man's Dream close for a period of time for refurbishment and reopen as the new attraction or will these changes just be added in gradually? We are going to WDW in a few days time and One Man's Dream was closed on our last visit (2010), was hoping to catch it this time!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy
    Will One Man's Dream close for a period of time for refurbishment and reopen as the new attraction or will these changes just be added in gradually?
    It appears to be a partitioned refurbishment.

Some walls have already gone up inside the exhibit to begin the transition as the whole exhibit remains open; the Florida Project exhibit has reportedly gone behind construction walls.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

**Update**

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: