Quantcast A fairly COMPLICATED FastPass question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A fairly COMPLICATED FastPass question

My sister just asked me a FastPass question I could not answer.

Can anyone answer this with certainty:

She is staying at Poly for six days. She plans on going to Universal on Day 3 - so she only bought a 5day Disney ticket (with plans to do Disney on Days 1,2,4,5 and 6.)

She found out that MK now has extra magic hours until midnight on Day 3 - which means she could go to Universal all day and still go to MK that night - but that would require she add a day to her Disney ticket. Based on her level of fatigue, she does not want to decide if she will go to the MK until she returns to the Poly from Universal that evening. If she decides she wants to go, she will go to a MK ticket window to add a day.

Here is the question: 60 days ahead, Can she reserve Fastpasses for all six days, even though she only (currently) has a 5day ticket, but a 6day hotel stay? She wants to reserve fastpasses for Day 3 in case she decides to go on Day 3. But will the system then not let her reserve fastpasses for Day 6?

Another way to ask this is: To get fastpasses, does the system focus only on the length of the hotel stay or the number of days on the ticket? For example, if I stay at the Contemporay for ten days, but I only have a park ticket for one day, the system knows both facts, but it does not know which of the ten days I plan to use the ticket. Can I book fastpasses for Day 1 only? What if I want to wait until I arrive to decide if I will use my ticket on Day 2 or Day 8? Will I be able to reserve Fastpasses on each of those days since they fall into my window for my length of stay at my hotel?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Your FP selections are based on the amount of days on your ticket. If she has a 5 day ticket she will be able to make selections for any 5 days in her stay.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

4. Likes imprttuner88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Your FP selections are based on the amount of days on your ticket. If she has a 5 day ticket she will be able to make selections for any 5 days in her stay.
    Bingo! If she wants any fast passes on the 60 day mark she has to have tickets. She can always try her luck day of and see what FP's are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can get fast passes for extra magic hours, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Yes, of course. So let's say she makes a 7pm FastPass reservation for Space Mountain on Day 3.

Are you saying that the system will then block her from making any FastPass reservations on Day 6?

My question is about the way the system works. (So again, if you are staying at the Contemporary for ten days and you have a one-day park ticket - and you reserve a FastPass for Day 3 of your stay - does the system recognize that you have now used your one-day ticket and it will block you from trying to make a FastPass reservation on Day 4?)(Or could you make both - and decide the week you are there which day you'd like to go?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWPrincess View Post
    Yes, of course. So let's say she makes a 7pm FastPass reservation for Space Mountain on Day 3.

Are you saying that the system will then block her from making any FastPass reservations on Day 6?

My question is about the way the system works. (So again, if you are staying at the Contemporary for ten days and you have a one-day park ticket - and you reserve a FastPass for Day 3 of your stay - does the system recognize that you have now used your one-day ticket and it will block you from trying to make a FastPass reservation on Day 4?)(Or could you make both - and decide the week you are there which day you'd like to go?)
    You can only reserve for the amount of days on your ticket. In your example if you have a one day ticket and pick a FP on day 3, you're done. You cannot make any other FP.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Correct
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by WDWPrincess
    My sister just asked me a FastPass question I could not answer.

Can anyone answer this with certainty:

She is staying at Poly for six days...with plans to do Disney on Days 1,2,4,5 and 6 ... She wants to reserve fastpasses for Day 3 in case she decides to go on Day 3. But will the system then not let her reserve fastpasses for Day 6?
    Yes, the system will block you from making a FastPass reservation on Day 6 of your 6 day stay if you have a 5 Day ticket and made reservations on Days 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5.

I have a 6 day stay with 5 day ticket booked this Fall, I was only able to make FastPass reservation for Days 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6 at my 60 day mark.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

The answers you got are correct. We ran into this very issue on a trip where we weren't sure what we wanted to do on our first day there. We had 6 day tickets but would need 7 day if we decided to go to a park on our arrival day but we couldn't make fastpasses for all 7 days without 7 day tickets.

According to disney though, fastpass+ allows for you to be spontaneous on your vacation. lol I crack up every time I see or hear that mentioned in their advertising. You pretty much have to nail down your every move 2 months in advance or you show up at a severe disadvantage to everyone else and you spend much more time in lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    According to disney though, fastpass+ allows for you to be spontaneous on your vacation. lol I crack up every time I see or hear that mentioned in their advertising. You pretty much have to nail down your every move 2 months in advance or you show up at a severe disadvantage to everyone else and you spend much more time in lines.
    I have to say, however, that I have had no issues making FP+ reservations only a few days or the day of a stay I had 2 weeks ago. We were able to get at least 1 tier 1 and several Tier 2s at every park we wanted to go to. I really believe this is because of two things going on right now. 1 - I think overall park attendance is down or flat compared to last year. 2 - They have really clamped down on people/services that were using multiple bands to make reservations which limited availability.

We were in WDW from 8/9-14 with a 4 day park hopper pass and honestly got to do every ride in every park that we wanted without any extreme waits (except for FOP, but that was DEFINITELY worth the 90 minute wait).

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the statements "I got all the fast passes I wanted..." is that there is not guarantee they wanted the same ones you want.

It all boils down to the popularity of the rides and the luck of the draw.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    This is correct and a very good point...
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post

We were in WDW from 8/9-14 with a 4 day park hopper pass and honestly got to do every ride in every park that we wanted without any extreme waits (except for FOP, but that was DEFINITELY worth the 90 minute wait).
    You also need to take into account that you were there the week that school started pretty much all over the entire southeast and probably many other areas of the country. That particular time probably has some of the lowest attendance. I would imagine that was probably a pretty big factor in you getting last minute fastpasses.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: