Quantcast room requests

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: room requests

Post Thanks / Like

Default room requests

Hi all
    We are a party of 3 travelling to Disney in October from UK staying at Old Key West with our friends - party of 2.
    It will be our friends first visit- can I request that we get rooms near or next to each other and if so what is the best way of going about this?
    Thanks
    Jo
    Previous visits

Oct 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011- POFQ
    Nov 2009 - Carribbean Beach
    April 2008 - off site
    Oct 2006 - AKL
    April 2003- off site
    Dec 1999 - off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The best way is for you to (or get your travel agent to) link the reservations. That way Disney will know that you're travelling together, and will do what they can to get rooms close together. I *think* it may also be an option on the new online checkin, but I'm not 100% sure, so I would request it in advance.

We've done this a few times, and had rooms close to each other. There is no guarantee, but they will try and make it work.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I have always called Member Services for specific room requests. They note it on your reservation and will probably tell you that it is not guaranteed. I also did not opt in for online check-in so that when we arrived at the resort, went to guest check-in to make sure we received the request we asked for. If you choose online check-in, your room number is emailed/texted to you and you would be able to skip the front desk and head to your room using your magic band. I found it easier to address the issues ahead of time instead of after the fact.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

We traveled with others on our trip last year and actually booked both rooms at the same time, on the same phone call, 7 months out. When making the reservation we asked for adjoining rooms or at least rooms close together. When we arrived and checked in we found we had rooms at complete opposite ends of the building we were in. We asked to be moved closer together but they could only offer to move one of us to a better view room in a completely different building, we passed. So it is definitely not guaranteed.

I found room request are hit or miss, but for us on all our trips the experience of getting our room request has usually been a miss. I know they don't assign rooms until right before your arrival so I'm not sure if it really matters how far out you make the room requests. I do have to say our requests are just a preference for us and is not due to mobility or health issues so it never really changes how much we end up enjoying our stay when we don't get our requests. We are still just happy to be there after all.

I'll also add that in the past we usually visit during moderate to high crowd level times so I am sure room availability is a major factor and as I said I am ok with health related room requests being accommodated first.

So going back to the original question, we go though member services for specific requests.

Hopefully you get your request

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys
    I have linked us on the my Disney experience app and have been making dining and fastpass reservations for all of us. I also have the option of checking us all in online so hopefully they will realise we are all together. I may just make a call anyway .....
    Previous visits

Oct 2014 - POFQ
    Oct 2011- POFQ
    Nov 2009 - Carribbean Beach
    April 2008 - off site
    Oct 2006 - AKL
    April 2003- off site
    Dec 1999 - off site

Post Thanks / Like

You need to call and have the request noted on both reservations. Linking on MDE won't do it. The room assigners do not see anything except the requests that are in the reservation system.

Call. Then a few days later call bank and verify your requests were entered.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: