Quantcast Skipper Canteen Reveiw

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skipper Canteen Reveiw

Looking for some feedback on this venue. Thinking of reserving for my next trip. Please be honest
    1981 - 2001
    1/02 - All Star Movie
    1/04 - POFQ
    1/06 - ASMov
    1/08 - ASMus
    5/09 - Contemporary
    5/11 - PC
    5/12 - ASM
    5/13 - Coronado Springs
    5/14 - Port Orleans Riverside
    6/5 - Shades of Green
    1/17 - A of A
    5/18 - POR
    9/19 - Caribbean
    11/19 - AKL
    4/21 - Pop Century
    12/21 - Polynesian

2. Thanks Genie1953 thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We ate there last Wednesday night, not sure I would rush back for the entrees but the appetizers we tried were all very good. We had cachacas, falafel, and shu may dumplings as appys, all very tasty. DH had the snapper which he said was good, DS22 had the duck noodle bowl which for $23 was basically a bowl of noodle soup, DS25 had the shrimp which he said was just okay, and I had the curried vegetable stew with chicken which was basically a over sauced spicy ratatouille. Sangria wasn't bad and the Kungalosh which my younger one got was very yum.

I'm glad we tried it, if we go again it would be appys only.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

While I appreciate the attempt to have some unique and new stuff, I was not blown away with the food, though it was a solid 7/10.

My "Tastes Like Chicken" was good-not-great and my daughter's duck soup was insanely salty. As @VWL_Mom said, the apps were good. I don't remember what desert we got but it was also just okay.

Theming is really, really good and if you haven't been, you should go. Based on your list of past visits you've probably tried most of the restaurants already, so why not...
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of going here in October; however, the Disney website has the grilled steak with plantains and another website has it with mashed potatoes. Anyone know if it's mashed potatoes or not? But with the reviews; I'm not so sure I want to try it now.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFan View Post
    I was thinking of going here in October; however, the Disney website has the grilled steak with plantains and another website has it with mashed potatoes. Anyone know if it's mashed potatoes or not? But with the reviews; I'm not so sure I want to try it now.
    It was plantains last week.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    We ate there last Wednesday night, not sure I would rush back for the entrees but the appetizers we tried were all very good. We had cachacas, falafel, and shu may dumplings as appys, all very tasty. DH had the snapper which he said was good, DS22 had the duck noodle bowl which for $23 was basically a bowl of noodle soup, DS25 had the shrimp which he said was just okay, and I had the curried vegetable stew with chicken which was basically a over sauced spicy ratatouille. Sangria wasn't bad and the Kungalosh which my younger one got was very yum.

I'm glad we tried it, if we go again it would be appys only.
    Lynn, that is pretty much what I had heard about the food there. If your son likes duck ramen like my sister and I do, he should try the duck ramen at Morimoto Asia. It is delicious and is $7 cheaper!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

9. Likes VWL Mom liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: