Quantcast Disneyland Max Pass - My Review

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Disneyland Max Pass - My Review

I just wanted to leave a quick review on Disneyland's Max Pass. We just got back a couple weeks ago from California and I can't say enough wonderful things about Max Pass. We are a family of four (me, hubby, 11 year old daughter and 8 year old son). I had purchased our 3 day park hopper tickets online and decided to add Max Pass to them for the entire duration.

Before we arrived at the parks, I made sure I had the Disneyland app on my phone and that I was logged into it. All of the 4 tickets I purchased for my family showed up in my app, so we only needed my phone to book our fastpasses. And note - I had to pay $10/person per day for max pass...which costed our family an additional $120 for our three day stay....but we got our money's worth IMO.

So our first day, I took our paper tickets (which I had printed out at home) to the turnstile. They scanned them and traded them for those little cardboard tickets. They took our pictures too so that every time they scanned our tickets, they could check that we were indeed the correct people using them.

Once we were through the turnstile, I opened up my Disneyland app on my phone. It now knew that we had entered the park for the day so we were allowed to select our first fastpass. AND because we had park hoppers, we were able to select which park we wanted fastpasses for. At this point, you have the option of selecting all the people in your party, or only one, or two, etc. For this first time, we selected our entire party. Next you are shown all of the attractions offering fastpasses and which times they are for. We selected Indiana Jones and had 1/2 hour wait before we could use them. So we took our time walking over to Adventureland. Once it was time, I opened up the app at the Fastpass entry line to the ride. A barcode comes up that you scan at the reader. For each person in your party, you scan that barcode and then swipe left for the next person's barcode. Super easy. If your phone battery has died, or you're too lazy to get your phone out of your bag, you can also use your cardboard park tickets and scan them at the fastpass line. We did that a few times as well.

In the instance where not everyone wants the same fastpass, that too is simple. At one point, my husband and daughter wanted to go on California Screaming while my son and I wanted something less thrilling. So, we selected fastpasses for just my husband and daughter and they went off with the cardboard tickets to the attraction. My son and I selected Goofy's Flight School for the same time and we went off to that attraction with my phone.

We were able to ride all of the big rides (Space, Guardians, Soarin, you name it) multiple times on our vacation (and even multiple times in a day!). We would select our next fastpass as soon as we had checked in at a ride. Or in the event when our fastpass was several hours out, the app will tell you when you can book your next fastpass.

AND with Max Pass, you also get Photopass, so all of our silly ride photos I was able to download for no additional charge. Thus at the end of a ride, when you can see your silly pic, there is a code number listed. You enter that number into your app, and voila, the photo is yours to download. TIP: Take a picture of the screen showing your photo and the code because it's a big long number and it'll disappear before you can type it all into your app. That way, you can enter the code later...but just make sure you do it that day (or is it up to 24 hours later? Can't remember what they told me).

In my opinion, the extra $$$ was totally worth it. I seriously don't feel like we waited in line for anything. My only complaint is I wish MORE attractions had fastpass in Disneyland! Anyways, if you have any questions about it, let me know. But if you're on the fence about trying it out....DO IT!!!!!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

2. Thanks tinkwest, Jeff thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds well worth it, thanks for the review.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the review. I had been wondering how well this was working. I planned on getting it for the pictures, but it is good to know it works well for the fastpasses. Did you have to add the Maxpass when you got to the park, or did you have it before you got to the park? I am a little confused about when I actually buy the Maxpass. When they release the Blizzcon schedule, I am going to order my tickets online.

I have a list of 4 "must-do's" (Guardians of the Galaxy, Radiator Springs Racers, Soarin, and Toy Story Midway Mania) and a list of 7 "want to do's". Sounds like we will be able to get them all in.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Great step-by-step review, Jenn!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

With the PhotoPass as an added bonus, it sounds like a great deal. Does the PhotoPass on the MaxPass option include ALL photos or just those from the MaxPassed attractions? If it includes ALL photos, it is a MUCH better deal than the $169 (or whatever the cost is now) for the MemoryMaker package at WDW.

Thanks for the great review!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I had added maxpass to my tickets when I purchased them online initially, but I have heard that you can add it after the fact. For example, I bought three day tickets for my family so the maxpass was for all three days, but if I only wanted to have maxpass for one of those days, then I believe I could add that to my ticket on that specific day after entering the park. I'm not 100% sure on how to do that though. Maybe at guest relations or maybe directly on the app if your credit card number is attached to it? Sorry...I'm not totally sure.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    * Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Does the PhotoPass on the MaxPass option include ALL photos or just those from the MaxPassed attractions?
    The photopass that comes with maxpass is for "free" digital downloads (nothing is ever free..haha!). So it includes any ride photos AND the ones where the photographer takes your picture. We just never bothered to get any of those taken on this trip, but if we had our picture taken with Mickey (for example) then that could have been linked to our photopass and we would get that as a digital download. If you want an actual printed out copy of the photo though, then you have to pay for that.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    * Fort Wilderness

10. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennsky View Post
    The photopass that comes with maxpass is for "free" digital downloads (nothing is ever free..haha!). So it includes any ride photos AND the ones where the photographer takes your picture. We just never bothered to get any of those taken on this trip, but if we had our picture taken with Mickey (for example) then that could have been linked to our photopass and we would get that as a digital download. If you want an actual printed out copy of the photo though, then you have to pay for that.
    Dang! They can replace the FP+ and MemoryMaker with this at WDW any time!!!! Digital downloads would be fine by me. I can have any of the photos printed at my own leisure...and cheaper! LOL
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for giving us a look in to how the MaxPass worked for you on your multi-person, multi-day, multi-park visit.
    I'm looking forward to trying this new feature someday.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

13. Likes jennsky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds great. Maybe they will replace FP+ with this at WDW sometime in the near future. It sounds like a much much better system.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: