Quantcast Griffy's October WDW Trip / Surprise Trip with child / Pre-Trip Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Griffy's October WDW Trip / Surprise Trip with child / Pre-Trip Report

Hi There!

I'm really new here, but I wanted to jump right into the fun!

Previous trips: We had gone before in February 2013, but Grifflet was very young [just about 3.5] and Griffy Sr. had to be transported out via squad. Thankfully, Grifflet doesn't remember this trip. We had stayed offsite, and I had friends who worked for Disney so that's how we got in.

Our next Disney Trip was aboard the Disney Dream in November 2014, for my older brother's wedding. A whirlwind trip, and a lot of fun.

On to the pre-trip report!

Trip Dates: October 13-16, 2017

Hotel: All Star Music. First time staying on property!

Travel Party:
    Griffy = me, long time Disney lover, with an infectious love of all things Disney.
    Griffy Sr. = my mom who's coming along for the ride
    Grifflet = my daughter, who is 8 and who has NO IDEA we are going right now.

Pre-Trip Preparations: The night before, I will drop all bags except Disney Backpack to Griffy Sr.'s place/into her car so that all we have to do is load ourselves into the car to go to the airport.

Reveal
    I am still working on the reveal plans, which I am planning/envisioning a backpack full of things that she could use for the trip. I presently have a Mickey and Minnie plushie dressed in their Halloween outfits, a new short sleeve t-shirt, spiderweb leggings, a few activity books, with crayons, an iPad, gum, and other day one items should our checked luggage be delayed.

It is my thought right now, to have the backpack on the couch morning we leave, and hit the 'Find my iPhone' from my laptop and ask my daughter to investigate the noise for her to dig in and find these Disney items. When she asks what they're for, or I can ask her where she thinks we should go with them, if she thinks we should call Griffy Sr. / Grandma if we should go, right now. This would all be recorded on my boyfriend's phone.

Day One - October 13th: We will be revealing to Grifflet via a Disney Backpack that we are going. We hail from Columbus, Ohio so we will be flying from CMH to MCO and using Disney transportation to/from airport. I need some help on reveal plans with her Disney Backpack. We will have Magic Bands, which she has used before from when we went on a Disney Cruise for my older brother's wedding; however I'm not sure it'll sink in if she just sees those. I have detailed above my reveal plans as they are, but suggestions are welcome.

We will land at around 4:30pm, and go to the hotel, and get checked in. It's my thought that once we are there we unload bags and then head to Disney Springs for dinner at Paradiso 37. We will be using the Disney Dining plan, so this takes one credit from each of us.

Once we are done exploring Disney Springs, we can head back to the hotel to either sleep or swim or what have you.

Day Two - October 14th, Magic Kingdom: We will start the Disney magic by going to Magic Kingdom, we have a FP for Tomorrowland Speedway at 9am, then dining reservation at 1900 Park Faire for Breakfast at 11:25am, which we would just take the Monorail to. I have secured a pirate makeover at 1:15pm, which I've been able to creatively ask she wants to become a mermaid. [Bippity Boppity Boutique is booked, last I called but this seems more our speed anyway]. We have FP for Pirates and meeting Cinderella. Otherwise we will just hang out at the parks and watch the fireworks that night.

Day Three - October 15th, Magic Kingdom:
    We will return to Magic Kingdom, this day we have FP's to meet Ariel, breakfast at 'Ohana, then back to the parks to meet Rapunzel and Tiana, then on to Story Time With Belle. We will also be attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! This I think I'm most excited for, I have hiding, Mal's costume from Disney Descendants, and Griffy Sr. is going as Maleficent. I'm undecided exactly as how I'm going.

Day Four - October 16th, Trek Home : We won't have any time for park magic or anything, we will be flying home starting at 9:15am.

I look forward to a trip report post when we get home!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you will have a blast!

Perhaps for the surprise, you could pretend to not know where the backpack came from and have her call Griffy Sr. who will tell her. Or maybe have a postcard from Cinderella in the backpack talking about how she can't wait to see her on Oct. 14th.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

The Disney backpack is one I have had for a little bit now (July I think) from when I went to NYC. She's seen it out and about.

I could have letters planned for her in the bag. I love that idea!

Post Thanks / Like

What about a scavenger hunt? Wake her up telling her that a letter came for her (maybe from Cinderella?) giving her a clue to go find the tshirt with a note leading to the leggings. Then maybe the backpack with the activity books, iPad, etc to use on the plane trip (maybe making it seem like the mice from Cinderella put them in there) with a note leading to the plushies in their halloween costumes with the magicbands on and a copy of your airline ticket (do you fly enough for her to recognize what an airplane ticket would be?).
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

You certainly have a fun trip planned!! What a great surprise for your little girl!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]