Irma made her way through WDW last night, but still getting some high wind gusts at this time. It got pretty intense around 2am, When it hit here, at peak, the Sustained winds were around 75 - 80mph according to the reports we were watching. Looking outside during the storm the walkways were like small rivers, the trees were bending and swaying violently, the rain was coming in sideways in sheets, and the wind was intensely howling. Disney provided flashlights in every room but during the storm we never lost power, I don't even recall seeing the lights flicker at all.

On Saturday prior to the hurricane as we rode to the parks we saw what I would say were hundreds of bucket trucks from tree service companies, as well as electrical companies sitting in all the parking lots at the resorts, parks, etc. with crews put up in the resorts waiting to jump on the cleanup after the storm passed.

Post Irma, from my vantage point here at Saratoga Springs I can see tree limbs down, a couple of small uprooted trees, and a good number of roof shingles on the ground, but overall damage appears to be relatively minimal compared to what it could have been. From my balcony I can see the walkways are now covered with brush, leaves, and other debris. Walking the semi interior open Hallways here in the Paddock area you can still see large puddles and bebris as well as leaves and dirt stuck to the walls from the wind whipping through the halls. We are right next to the paddock pool and the bottom of the pool is covered with leaves, it will be interesting to see how quickly they clean it up and re-open the pool.

If anyone else is currently here on site and want to add your assessment from your current vantage point please feel free to add it.

When the curfew is lifted and we are allowed to move around I will add any other details I find but so far other that minor roof damage I do not see any structural damage to the buildings.

The Adventure Continues...