Quantcast Post Irma Semi Live Trip Report Days 1 and 2(A)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post Irma Semi Live Trip Report Days 1 and 2(A)

Howdy folks, we got our power back aroun 10pm Tuesday so we proceeded with our plans to drive to WDW on Wednesday the 13th (yesterday.). We made sure we had a full tank of gas and left at 5:30am. We did pretty well with just heavy traffic for most of the drive but 75 south between Gainesville and Ocala was a total standstill and tacked almost 2.5 hours to our overall drive. We never let ourselves get below 1/2 a tank and stopped at exits in smaller less populated areas and had no problem with gas. We did see stations around Ocala with very very long lines and the locals have said gas right around here is a little tricky as well.

Well pulled into the Wilderness Lodge at 2:45, pretty tired and relieved to be done with the drive. We had asked for a King bed and a higher floor (we never get the king) but low ad behold king room 6037 (very nice courtyard and Gyser view.). We grabbed lunch at the recently remodeled Roaring Fork and started to realize how empty the resort felt. I just chalked it up to everyone being in the parks. We dumped our stuff in the room and headed to the new quiet pool which is very nice, we even snagged a shaded cabana. There were a total of 8 people at the whole pool. We spent about two hours decompressing (drinking) and just being happy to be here.

We went back to the room and showered, unpacked and ended up Ubering over to the Beach Club at 6:45. We walked around a bit both inside and outside since DH hadn't ever been there. Once again it was kind of like walking around an oddly deserted island. We had 8pm ADRs for Cape May cafe but you could have walked in at any point.

It was my first time here in maybe 25 years and we enjoyed it. Stuffed ourselves silly with crab legs . We finished right about 9pm and caught the very end of the fireworks from both Epcot and the Studios. We ubered back to WL in time to catch the tail end of the Electrical Water Pagent which was viewable from our room. We slept hard. Like don't even remember going to bed and then waking up to the 7am alarm I set as a fluke.

I was confused when the alarm went off today and coulnd't believe we slept til 7 (that never happens.). I turned on the tv which you know comes up to the Disney schedule thing and right before I changed the channel I saw it was a EMH at Epcot. We were planning on spending the morning there and I always avoid EMH parks so I don't know if I got confused or they swapped things around after the storm. It ended up working out great though because we pulled into the parking lot right at 8am and there wasn't anyone else there. I mean no one. We rode Soarin twice, The Land, The Seas, Imagination, Test Track, Mission Space (both sides), Frozen and Mexico all before 12:30pm with no fast passes needed. We walked on everything except Frozen where we waited all of 10 mins. We grabbed some lunch at the outside Cantina in Mexico and then headed back to WL for some AC and now we are headed to the pool. Since I didn't need any of our FP this am I changed them to this evening at AK where we have dinner ADRs. More later!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2. Likes eam, VWL Mom, magicofdisney, MizMissy liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our relatives weathered the storm with other relatives in Alabama. The spent Wednesday night in Gainesville and made the trek from there to their home in southwest Florida yesterday. Their report of traffic and gas mirrors what you've had to say.

Glad you made it there safely. I had heard the attendance has been way down post Irma - glad you got to enjoy short lines!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: