Quantcast Critique my choices?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Critique my choices?

I'm a little nervous because I'm used to having several more days in Disney to try out restuarants...even when we went to Universal etc. we'd still eat at "home" when we got back. This time we're staying at Universal for the first half and then moving over to Disney. Anyway:
    'Ohana - the must do, family favourite
    Cape May - did it once before - hubby loved it, I didn't, can't really remember why.
    and trying:
    Be Our Guest
    Marrakesh (daughter wants to try that - I'm not excited)
    Boatwrights - we always stay there and have never tried it
    MAYBE Sanaa
    MAYBE Prime Time

(on Sanaa - I'd like to eat in the park at AK, but daughter insists those restaurants are always total madhouses...is she right? )

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt the same way on a recent trip, we spent less days at Disney, and booked less meals - it was hard to choose!

Boatwrights is one of our favourites, food is good, service is wonderful. Be Our Guest, depending on which meal is sometimes a favourite, sometimes a skip. We don't bother with dinner anymore, way overhyped, but love the lunch. I was like you on Cape May, my husband loved it and I found it just OK. Funny enough, I don't remember why either.

Marrakesh is a good choice, often overlooked. Sanaa is also great, but if you want to eat in the park what about Yak & Yeti (the sit down, not the quick service). The places in AK are no busier than any other park.

Tough choices! What we've done in the past is have everyone pick a must-do and give everyone one veto. It made for a very fun planning night, and we ended up at some good places. Good luck with the planning.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

4. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Cape May! But that said I love seafood and my DD works there. So we get a little extra magic when there. We have done Prime Time several times. Food is pretty good. What makes it fun is if your server really plays the roll and you play along. We always play up using perfect manners. No elbows on the table. Last time we were there my DH helped clear the table taking all our dishes to the kitchen door. It was hilarious. He was rewarded with desert. Be Our Guest we have only done lunch twice and enjoyed it. Have a good trip

Post Thanks / Like

We love dinner at BOG and 50's PTC. We have only done breakfast at Cape May. We do breakfast at TH, lunch at Rainforest Cafe, and dinner at Boma on our AK day. Have not been to the other restaurants you mention.

Post Thanks / Like

Prime Time is fun. It serves comfort food, if you like that. We do! The cast members of the restaurant can make it tons of fun.

BOG was not fun for dinner the first time. Food was just OK and our server, Frankie, was more interested in getting us out so he could make more tips on the next family. Second time around we did lunch and liked that experience much better. We are going to give it another try for dinner on our next trip coming up next month.

We like Ohana too!

Those are the only places we have eaten at so can't comment on the other ones!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

'Ohana - It's requested for my family also
    Cape May - I've never been there, but sometimes you gotta take one for the hubby to make him happy
    Be Our Guest - I've only ever done breakfast there and really enjoyed it
    Marrakesh - if your daughter wants to try it, it give it her and then tell her she has to eat inside AK since you gave in on Marrakesh. :P
    Boatwright's - I really enjoyed dinner there
    Sanaa- I didn't expect to like this restaurant on our last trip, but I did. I don't feel like the AK restaurants are mad houses any more than other restaurants. I really enjoy the character interaction at Tusker House, and you can get the Rivers of Light package.
    Prime Time - I didn't enjoy it the one time I went. My server didn't get into the act, and I didn't like the food. I know a lot of people do enjoy it though. Plus, there aren't a whole lot of choices in DHS
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana, if you aren't Japanese.

We love boatwrights. Riverside is one of our favorite resorts. Great food. Desserts are a great "to go" option. We eat there at least 2-3 times per trip. Everything is good, and reservations are relatively easy to get it.

Prime time. No way. Mediocre food, chairs designed by nazis. While there aren't many great options at MGM, I would look elsewhere.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

First....HOW DID TOU GET A RESERVATIONAT OHANA? I tried at 7 AM at our 180 days with no luck...hoping for a cancellation.
    Prime Time...OK...food is ok, depends on your server
    Cape May...we love it for breakfast and dinner
    Boatwrights...we stayed there many times before buying dvc but never ate there! After seeing these comments, we will have to try it!
    BOG....tried it when it first opened...literally the first week, and it was ok...didn't love it and didn't hate it.

Enjoy...it's disney so after all, it can't be bad!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: