Quantcast Warcraft, Disneyland and Beaches Oh My!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warcraft, Disneyland and Beaches Oh My!

Me- 46 year old Disney lover who doesn't act her age
    DR (Dear Roommate) - 33 year old who has no idea what he is getting himself into

Dates: Nov 2 - Nov 12

Nov. 2 - Travelling and DCA

I warned DR that I would be waking him up at 3 am. It's a "6 hour" drive to Disney from my house. I want to be sure to be at park opening, so we are leaving early. He is already groaning about it. I will be too excited to sleep, so he probably won't get to sleep anyway.

DR grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and is staying with me to get his life turned around. There are a lot of things he is experiencing for the first time, and this will be his first time at a theme park. I'm always excited when I take someone to a Disney park for the first time. I'm even more excited this time, because he's never even SEEN a theme park before. I plan on getting MaxPass, because I always come home with lots of pics. Being able to schedule fastpasses with my phone will be an added bonus.

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of DR's favorite movies, so we will stand in line to see everything. I can't ride it, but I'll walk through with him and use the chicken exit. While we are in line, I'll grab a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. Other must-do's are Soarin', Toy Story Midway Mania, and the Disney Visa Photospot. If he is brave enough to do California Screamin', we'll get that fastpass too.

Dinner will be the World of Color Dining Package at Wine Country Trattoria. I think he is really going to like the World of Color show.

We are staying at Alamo Inn that night. We just needed a place nearby to rest for the night.

Nov. 3 - Blizzcon
    Breakfast reservations at Goofy's Kitchen @ 0820.

Opening ceremonies for Blizzcon start at 10 am. DR and I met on World of Warcraft a couple of years ago. He has never been to Blizzcon. I have gone before with my brother. I'm not too excited about it, but DR is really, really excited.

We'll head to ESPN Zone for lunch at some point when he is ready to take a break. I will also drive to Huntington Beach and check into the timeshare we have rented for the week - Beso del Sol.

After Blizzcon ends for the night, we're going to go see Thor: Ragnarok at Downtown Disney.

Nov. 4 - Blizzcon
    Breakfast reservations @ Storyteller's Café @ 0830

Another day of Blizzcon. He isn't too interested in the Closing Ceremonies Act, so we're gonna eat dinner at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Our reservation is for 2000. Hoping we can get a seat outside so we can watch the fireworks.

Nov. 5 - We finally get to sleep in!

We get to relax during the day, and then we're heading out to see Old World Village in the late afternoon\evening. There is a band playing at 5 pm called Lakatos. Apparently it is a Hungarian band. I'm sure it will be very different than the rap music he is used to.

Nov. 6 - DISNEYLAND!!!

Reservations for brunch at Plaza Inn @ 1040. I want to see the characters which are there at breakfast. He loves chicken, which is served at lunch. Hoping 1040 turns out to get us what we both want.

Must-do's Big Thunder, Splash, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise (he'll love the corny jokes), Space Mountain (just him), Matterhorn (just him), Indiana Jones, It's a Small World (because how can we skip that on his first trip?) Peter Pan, Teacups, Star Wars Character Experience Photostop, and mouse ear hats (He says he isn't wearing one. I'm gluing it to his head.).

Dinner is at Blue Bayou - my favorite <3. Scheduled for 1740. I hope we can get seated by the water. No Fantasmic or Fireworks are showing up on the calendar, so we'll just keep riding rides.

Nov. 7 - Another relaxing day

We'll wandering down Huntington Beach Pier in the afternoon to eat at Ruby's on the end of the Pier.
    In the evening, we're going to Surf City Nights - a street fair on Main St. The close off 3 blocks on Main St. and vendors set up their wares. It should be fun to walk around and browse.

Nov. 8 - Balboa Pier/Fun Zone
    I'm hoping it won't be to much of a let down after we've been at Disney for two days.
    Dinner will be at Moulin Bistro

Nov. 9 - Beach Day
    We're just gonna lounge around today. We may try a gondola ride if we feel up to it.

Nov. 10 - Off to San Diego
    We check out of our timeshare today. My older sister and brother live in San Diego, so we're going to head there to see them for a while.

Nov. 11- San Diego
    We'll do whatever my siblings want to do.

Nov. 12 - Time to head home.
    Back to reality.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. You guys sure will be on the go every day. Hopefully the weather will be a little more fall like rather than the 90° days we're having right now (or maybe you like it hot). Looking forward to your post-trip reports.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I do like it hot. I live in Phoenix, so 90 degrees is nothing.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: