Quantcast Wine/Dine 2018 (Nov 2018) --> ICOT run? - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Well, sadly this takes me out of participating. I will not have access to internet during the new registration date - on a plane traveling to a conference. I suppose I could do the travel agent thing, but honestly my initial excitement has really waned. I do want to get back to Disney some year for another race, but just not this year for me. There's an outside chance I could come down to cheer, but unlikely. Bummer!
    Sorry to hear this Nikki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    I am beyond happy that the courses for the
    5 and 10K are the same as last year which
    equals FANTASTIC in my eyes!!! 5K you get
    to run through Pandora at night and 10K,
    You start at MK parking, get heartbreak on-ramp
    at the 3K mark, then onto Hollywood studios,
    Boardwalk, and then into EPCOT. This year I will
    stop and take a selfie with the Haunted Mansion
    Guy! Have regretted not taking one since last
    year!!
    Bring it on!
    They released the courses already? They usually don’t do that till closer to the race weekend

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    They released the courses already? They usually don’t do that till closer to the race weekend

https://www.rundisney.com/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/

If you read through each race, it
    will tell you start/stop places. The
    writeup is just like it was last year.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

And if you read small print it says “All courses subject to change”
    Not saying it will change, but they don’t release the official courses until about 6 weeks prior. There are bunch of websites that show what has been officially approved but until announced, it’s all speculation. I HOPE the 1/2 is the same course as last year. Goes through 3 Parks. The year before only went through 2.

Next Trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Hey. I know this a thread specifically about the Wine and Dine Half Marathon but, since I can't head down in November, I'd appreciate some general runDisney advice and info. I'm working on a trip for the runDisney Marathon in January. I've never signed up before, so just a few questions. When I register, will it just be for the race? Do I have to get my hotel and park tickets separately, or is it done at the same time? Also, I'm assuming that there will be different races to choose from. 5K? And...just one more thing to anyone who has run both...which is more fun? The January Marathon, or the Princess Half Marathon in Feb? Thanks in advance for any info...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1000th_Ghost View Post
    Hey. I know this a thread specifically about the Wine and Dine Half Marathon but, since I can't head down in November, I'd appreciate some general runDisney advice and info. I'm working on a trip for the runDisney Marathon in January. I've never signed up before, so just a few questions. When I register, will it just be for the race? Do I have to get my hotel and park tickets separately, or is it done at the same time? Also, I'm assuming that there will be different races to choose from. 5K? And...just one more thing to anyone who has run both...which is more fun? The January Marathon, or the Princess Half Marathon in Feb? Thanks in advance for any info...
    Hello 1000th Ghost and welcome.
    When you register for a race, you are registering for the race alone. Hotel and tickets are separate. You need to have an ACTIVE.com account. That is where the runDisney site will take you and it's easier to register if you have an acct already.
    For WDW Marathon Weekend in January there are 4 races. 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon and a Full Marathon. There are also Challenges. The Dopey Challenge which is all 4 races and the Goofy Challenge which is the 1/2 and full MArathons.
    I have never been there for Princess Weekend but they do a 5k, 10k and a half marathon plus a challenge which is called the Glass Slipper Challenge and its the 10K and 1/2 marathon.
    Hope this helps you out in some way. I don't like to promote any TA other than the official Intercot TA Magical Journeys but there are ones out there who can get bibs for you and make all your hotel and ticket reservations.
    Feel free to ask and look up all the posts here in the runDisney forum. There are lots of pages with lots of great info

Next Trip:

8. Thanks 1000th_Ghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yungbuck73 did a fantastic job in answering your
    questions, I just wanted to add that I will be running
    at least the 5 and 10k that weekend, and that if you
    you have a DD214 that you can stay at The Shades of Green
    in January, so to book that now - welcome to the crazy
    addictive world of RunDisney

Both races are a blast - there are more people in January,
    simply because they have the only full marathon then.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

10. Thanks 1000th_Ghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    Hello 1000th Ghost and welcome.
    When you register for a race, you are registering for the race alone. Hotel and tickets are separate. You need to have an ACTIVE.com account. That is where the runDisney site will take you and it's easier to register if you have an acct already.
    For WDW Marathon Weekend in January there are 4 races. 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon and a Full Marathon. There are also Challenges. The Dopey Challenge which is all 4 races and the Goofy Challenge which is the 1/2 and full MArathons.
    I have never been there for Princess Weekend but they do a 5k, 10k and a half marathon plus a challenge which is called the Glass Slipper Challenge and its the 10K and 1/2 marathon.
    Hope this helps you out in some way. I don't like to promote any TA other than the official Intercot TA Magical Journeys but there are ones out there who can get bibs for you and make all your hotel and ticket reservations.
    Feel free to ask and look up all the posts here in the runDisney forum. There are lots of pages with lots of great info
    Thanks so much for the info! I think I've decided on the 10K for the Marathon Weekend and I'm signing up for an account on ACTIVE.com. I'm excited! I've always wanted to do runDisney! Not quite ready for the challenges, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Yungbuck73 did a fantastic job in answering your
    questions, I just wanted to add that I will be running
    at least the 5 and 10k that weekend, and that if you
    you have a DD214 that you can stay at The Shades of Green
    in January, so to book that now - welcome to the crazy
    addictive world of RunDisney

Both races are a blast - there are more people in January,
    simply because they have the only full marathon then.

Yes, he certainly did! I don't know what a DD214 is so I guess it's safe to say that I don't have one. I do know that The Shades of Green is the hotel for people in the military, so I'm assuming it's something to do with that?
    I'm glad you mentioned that the January weekend is busier. I enjoy the crowds and it'll be fun to be in such a festive atmosphere. Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he certainly did! I don't know what a DD214 is so I guess it's safe to say that I don't have one. I do know that The Shades of Green is the hotel for people in the military, so I'm assuming it's something to do with that?
    I'm glad you mentioned that the January weekend is busier. I enjoy the crowds and it'll be fun to be in such a festive atmosphere. Can't wait!
    A DD214 is discharge papers from the military.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

A DD214 is discharge papers from the military.
    Ah! I KNEW it was something to do with the military! Actually, we stayed at The Shades of Green on our very first trip to Disney World...a long time ago. My BIL was active at the time, and booked the whole thing. I remember it fondly. Nice place! Am I correct when I say it was the old Disney Inn? I clearly remember a Mickey shaped pool.
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays and aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis."

Post Thanks / Like

Ah! I KNEW it was something to do with the military! Actually, we stayed at The Shades of Green on our very first trip to Disney World...a long time ago. My BIL was active at the time, and booked the whole thing. I remember it fondly. Nice place! Am I correct when I say it was the old Disney Inn? I clearly remember a Mickey shaped pool.
    Yes, indeed it was! It has been renovated since then
    a few times. The mickey pool is still there though!
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

16. Likes 1000th_Ghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended up signing up for the 5K. I'd considered the 10K, but it so happens I hurt my foot the day before registration and I'm not sure of the long term results.

That brings me to my question. When you sign up for the 10K, you need proof of time. If I've never run a race that times me, how would I provide this information? Would they just stick me in the last corral which will then provide proof for the next race?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    When you sign up for the 10K, you need proof of time. If I've never run a race that times me, how would I provide this information? Would they just stick me in the last corral which will then provide proof for the next race?
    Good luck on your 5K! Here is good news, you do not need proof of time (POT). POT is only needed for half marathon and marathon races at runDisney. When you sign up for the 10K, you enter your estimated time bracket and that’s it! Then it is up to the runDisney folks as to which corral you are in. I have entered the same time for every 10K I’ve raced and I have been assigned different corrals ranging from the last one and up to the second one.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

19. Thanks Imalismom, magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello again. I have another question for you all. My daughter has decided that she wants to join me in January for the marathon weekend. Can I get more than one bib when I'm purchasing mine, or does she have to get an ACTIVE.com account of her own?
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays and aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis."

Post Thanks / Like

I signed up my son under my account, although he was only 12. I'm not sure if age matters, but it does ask you at some point during the registration of the event if you're doing this for yourself or someone else.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

22. Thanks 1000th_Ghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to work better if you both have an Active account and both try to register at the same time individually. It gets crazy, day of registration.

Next Trip:

24. Thanks 1000th_Ghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys! I think I'll just be safe and have her try for her own. The only problem is that she lives in another state and may not be able to try around the same time as me. Her work schedule is usually pretty crazy. I was concerned about the age thing, too. She's 27. It sounds like registering is pretty stressful and I'd hate to have a snag present itself and then not be able to get in touch with her at the critical moment. So, if she can be sure to be available early on registration day, it's probably best to register separately. We may need some pixie dust, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Wine and Dine peeps!
    You all gave me such wonderful encouragement and advice and I wanted to let you know that, sadly registering for the wine and dine came at a time when we were unable to swing it financially. I'll need to wait until another time to run my first race. BUT, we want to support all our friends who are running this race so we have booked a trip to correspond with the dates and will be there to cheer you all on. As some of you know DH was out of work for 10 months and he started his new job last week! We are excited to have things looking up and to be there for InterCot's 21 birthday celebration!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

27. Likes Yungbuck73, magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry things didn’t work out but glad you will be there to cheer.

Next Trip:

29. Thanks Isabella thanked for this post
    Likes Isabella liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: