Quantcast Magical Express changing pickup to 4 hours

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Express changing pickup to 4 hours

Disney's Magical Express (aka Tragical Express when leaving WDW), has announced that due to the increase in TSA security screening times at Orlando International Airport, they will now pick up guests from their Walt Disney World resort hotel four hours prior to their scheduled flight time. This policy will go into effect on November 17, 2017.

They've also stated that they will reevaluate the need for this in January, once the Holiday crowds have subsided.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

4 hours? This seems a little excessive to me. On my return trip from ICOT20 we had three additional stops after mine to pick up passengers, as well as a 20 minute wait to get thru TSA. I still had over an hour wait before my plane boarded. I can't imagine adding an additional hour to that, especially for those with kids that need to be fed, entertained, etc. Maybe it's different during the peak holiday travel period, but on my previous pre-Christmas December trips I had no issues at all.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

For international flights it has always been four hours. Now I wonder if they are going to push that up to five?

I never really did understand the issue of giving international flights the extra hour, like brad192 just said, we just end up sitting around at the gate for an extra hour. While I understand that the wait times at MCO are rather insane lately, I feel this is just Disney covering themselves from folks who miss their flights and then turn around and blame/sue Disney. With nearly everyone doing online check-in today there is no real need of waiting at the check-in counter which in turn will save a lot time at the airport.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Our flight leaves at 6 am next month. May as well not go to bed. I'll have to plan our last day accordingly.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds right. I always get to MCO that early. Between the chaos at MCO, new issues, yeah. Though I wish the airport was a little better. Free wifi is nice. But not enough comfortable chairs, not enough shops/dining in some of the terminals.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I have been through mco 5-6 times over the past year and I have been flying through! I do not understand this at all. May be time to start renting a car again!

Post Thanks / Like

They may be doing more to the luggage too, or have poor processes w/ the check luggage. Which also might consume more time.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

TSA rules have changed again and security is taking longer. Now if you have any food items in carry on it will be screened separately. We just came through MCO returning from a Halloween park trip, I had a sealed bag of starburst candy, my backpack got pulled and the sealed bag got swabbed. the little boy in front of us had his Mickey Halloween candy, over 50 pieces - each had to be pulled out and swabbed individually, that alone took over fifteen minutes. MCO is notoriously slow due to so many families and first time flyers who don't know the procedure and often slow down the process.
    During very busy times, I don't think the extra hour is too much. I'd rather have the time and not miss a flight.

10. Thanks CanadianWDWFan thanked for this post
    Likes CanadianWDWFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    TSA rules have changed again and security is taking longer. Now if you have any food items in carry on it will be screened separately. We just came through MCO returning from a Halloween park trip, I had a sealed bag of starburst candy, my backpack got pulled and the sealed bag got swabbed. the little boy in front of us had his Mickey Halloween candy, over 50 pieces - each had to be pulled out and swabbed individually, that alone took over fifteen minutes. MCO is notoriously slow due to so many families and first time flyers who don't know the procedure and often slow down the process.
    During very busy times, I don't think the extra hour is too much. I'd rather have the time and not miss a flight.
    Wow, yeah, not flying anymore.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    Well by the time they're leaving Orlando aren't they technically...second time fliers? :-)

Swabbing each piece of candy individually sounds like a passive aggressive way to just be jerks.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

I think Disney is just trying to ensure they give everyone enough time, I know last January about a week after New Years it took my son just over an hour to get through security, he didn't think he'd make his flight, luckily he did but it was tight.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it is not that bad in Baltimore on Wednesday. I have an 8:00am flight out and will be leaving home around 5:00am. About a one hour drive to BWI, then the shuttle from Long Term Parking to the airport should put me at security around 6:30am.

Even at the busiest time I have been there, it has not taken more than 15 minutes to go through the security lines.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Have a good trip
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: