Quantcast Just Back! My 7 Day Revew

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Back! My 7 Day Revew

Just a quick review - my thoughts on our 7 day Disney trip.

We are a family of 3. My son turned 20 on the same day as Mickey Mouse. Thought it would be a fun trip.

We stayed at All Star Music. First time there. It was ok. Not great. Would not choose this resort again. The carpets really need to be replaced and the rooms need to be updated. Everytime I plugged in an electronic device the plugs kept falling out of the outlet. Every time the toilet flushed, water sprayed up. We asked the housekeeper to let maintenance know about the leak. Apparently she was not the regular person and didn't seem to care. Buses were good. The only day we waited was the first day. We waited one hour for an AK bus.

Parks were very very busy. It was our first time using FP Plus. Not a fan. It left you somewhat twisting in the wind for what to do to fill in the time between rides.

We were able to get a FP for FOP. It truly was an amazing ride. Waits for that ride were 4 hours. That is just crazy.

Great theming in Pandora. It is beautiful at night.

WDW has always been the happiest place on earth for me. My happy place.

This trip, however, I found people to be rude, unpleasant and just not nice.

I think if I travel to WDW again, it won't be during Thanksgiving week. Perhaps mid-December before crowds. Maybe just 4 days in the park. I don't need 7.

I would definitely stay in a moderate or on the monorail.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing ... I'm sorry you encountered so many "less than magical" people, that is never fun.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of the All Stars, but Pop Century is much better if you ever need to stay at a value again. Art of Animation is probably good too.

Glad to hear you liked Pandora. I haven't seen the movie, but it is a must do for a lot of my family.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your trip was a bit of a mixed bag. I hope you were able to enjoy it regardless of the crowds and room issues.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonsmom View Post

WDW has always been the happiest place on earth for me. My happy place.

This trip, however, I found people to be rude, unpleasant and just not nice.
    We found the same thing, especially since the FP+ system was introduced - folks didn't seem to be having as much fun. I think it has added a level of clock-watching that has taken spontaneity out of the park fun. I have been in lines and noticed folks complaining about the length of the FP lines and stressing about missing their next ressie or FP. We also noticed that you hear a lot less laughing in groups of people strolling around. Everyone seems to be on a mission from point A to point B and not enjoying anything in between.

It makes me sad.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

We also were at Music this past week, and had the same issue with the plugs falling out of the outlets! Lol! Glad it wasn't just me! We had split stay to Animal Kingdom Lodge our last 2 nights and our room wasn't even cleaned! Wasn't happy when you are paying $300+ for a room a night! Had to call for towels for the next morning at 12:30 am when we got back to our room. Light was very dim in the bathroom and sink area. Beautiful hotel though!
    Shelley
    Do you believe in Magic?

Jan. 2001 - AS Music
    Nov. 2003 - AS Movies
    May 2004 - AS Movies
    Nov. 2005 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2007 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2010 - AS Sports
    Nov. 2013 - Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2016 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2017 - AS Music/AK Lodge - Brand new DVC Members!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    We found the same thing, especially since the FP+ system was introduced - folks didn't seem to be having as much fun. I think it has added a level of clock-watching that has taken spontaneity out of the park fun. I have been in lines and noticed folks complaining about the length of the FP lines and stressing about missing their next ressie or FP. We also noticed that you hear a lot less laughing in groups of people strolling around. Everyone seems to be on a mission from point A to point B and not enjoying anything in between.

It makes me sad.
    you are right. heard lots of complaining. i liked walking up to an attraction. getting a paper FP and having lots of time in between to go to other attractions, have lunch, etc.

I dont even remember walking by some attractions lol

Sent from my RCT6603W87M7 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Were u offered a
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAddict62 View Post
    We also were at Music this past week, and had the same issue with the plugs falling out of the outlets! Lol! Glad it wasn't just me! We had split stay to Animal Kingdom Lodge our last 2 nights and our room wasn't even cleaned! Wasn't happy when you are paying $300+ for a room a night! Had to call for towels for the next morning at 12:30 am when we got back to our room. Light was very dim in the bathroom and sink area. Beautiful hotel though!
    Were u offered a gift card to opt out of housekeeping? I chose to have housekeeping. first of all I dont want someone to lose their job or hours but I am on vacation. i want a clean room.

Cant believe that level of service at AKL. Awful. Its all about $$$

Sent from my RCT6603W87M7 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We were also at All Star Music in November. Went to the parks because our room wasn't ready, so we didn't get back to the room till late. First thing we noticed was a foul odor. Decided we would just let it go because we were to tired to make a complaint. When I went up to the sink I stepped on very wet carpet.
    I threw a towel down to stand on while I brushed my teeth. When I looked at the bottom of the towel it was all yellow and brown, gross. Decided to call the front desk and complain. They sent someone to the room to see if there was a leak. There wasn't. We said the odor smelled like something left behind by an animal, he said the carpets smell like that when they get wet. They then sent another man to the room who came in with a spray to neutralize the odor. He sprayed the whole room including the AC vent and made it impossible to breathe. That's when we called the front desk and insisted on another room which they made happen. Finally made it to bed about midnight. I wonder if all the service animals in the parks are causing a problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SAMI1206 View Post
    We were also at All Star Music in November. Went to the parks because our room wasn't ready, so we didn't get back to the room till late. First thing we noticed was a foul odor. Decided we would just let it go because we were to tired to make a complaint. When I went up to the sink I stepped on very wet carpet.
    I threw a towel down to stand on while I brushed my teeth. When I looked at the bottom of the towel it was all yellow and brown, gross. Decided to call the front desk and complain. They sent someone to the room to see if there was a leak. There wasn't. We said the odor smelled like something left behind by an animal, he said the carpets smell like that when they get wet. They then sent another man to the room who came in with a spray to neutralize the odor. He sprayed the whole room including the AC vent and made it impossible to breathe. That's when we called the front desk and insisted on another room which they made happen. Finally made it to bed about midnight. I wonder if all the service animals in the parks are causing a problem?
    Yuck that is gross. The carpets should be replaced. The resort turned 23 while we were there. Perhaps a more sanitary flooring like a laminate.

You were lucky you were able to get moved to another room. I tried to move our room as well and the resort was at full capacity all week.

I was trying to be optimistic when I booked but I should have gone with my gut feeling and moved up to a moderate.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh! I had a very similar issue early this year when we stayed at All Star Sports. There was such a horrible odour! So bad that I feel our clothes all stank like the room did. Fortunately it was only for the last two days of our trip, but still. We weren’t in our room very much so I didn’t complain but I should have. Must be the all star carpet. Hopefully they will get rid of all of it very soon. It was STINKY!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media: