Quantcast Disney's Hollywood Studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney's Hollywood Studios

I spent the day at Hollywood Studios yesterday. The weather was wonderful - sunny and warm but not humid.

We arrived shortly after opening. Our drive through to the parking lot took us by lots of construction in progress.

While there were quite a few folks in line for security, I was able to get into the tail end of a very short line so was quickly through and into the park. Prior to arrival, I was able to get a few fast passes which we used throughout our time in the park.

What we did is in no particular order. We went on Star Tours which was a walk on - our "spaceship" wasn't even completely full. We had a fastpass for this later in the day but traded that for one for The Little Mermaid. We went to Muppet Vision, and, like our last visit here walked in on the tail end of the pre-show so went almost directly into the theater. We had a fastpass for Toy Story Mania and found they had moved the entrance a ways down the street in a way that would keep folks from clogging up the street while they were in the entranceway. We used our fastpass on Voyage of the Little Mermaid and just made in through the fastpass line in time. The preshow area was full of folks with fastpasses so I'm not sure that many in the long standby line made it into the theater. It was a full house for the show we attended. We went to Star Wars - Path of the Jedi (This rated a "meh". It was basically short clips of all the Star Wars films up to the current but did not include anything we hadn't already seen). We saw Beauty and the Beast - this was another full show. Our last ride of the day was on Tower of Terror. As we approached the fast entrance, we noticed a large family group (probably 10-12 people of various ages) clogging the entrance. The cast member was asking why they were almost two hours late for their fastpass. I didn't hear their response but the cast member stated he would let them through this time. They proceeded to walk a short way up the entrance way and then halted for some reason. We needed to try to thread our way through them while they belatedly moved family members out of the way of others behind them. While we were doing this, a woman behind us shouldered her way through us and, once ahead of us, called over her shoulder "C'mon girls" to a couple/few teenagers she had with her. Guess she needed that extra edge but we still got out of the library before her group.

Lunch on this day was at Mama Melrose's. I made the reservation about 25 minutes before our reservation time. We had not been to this location in quite some time. We each ordered flatbreads as our meals and shared them. They were good and we were full by time we left.

The holiday decorations around the park were quite lovely but were certainly no match for the retired Osborne Lights!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're able to take advantage of your new location. Sounds like a nice relaxing day!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good use of FP! Glad you had a good day.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It was a beautiful day. I too was at Hollywood Studios yesterday. Left just after noon.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    It was a beautiful day. I too was at Hollywood Studios yesterday. Left just after noon.
    Too bad we didn't know we would both be there!!
    [email protected]

7. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is probably my favorite time to be in the parks, weather wise. Sounds like everything fell into place nicely for you. I love those days!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the Studios Saturday (12/3). Fairly crowded but no terrible lines. Our only problem was trying to get into any of the restaurants for dinner; all were booked solid and not taking walkins. We ended up with pizza at PizzeRizzo.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    We were at the Studios Saturday (12/3). Fairly crowded but no terrible lines. Our only problem was trying to get into any of the restaurants for dinner; all were booked solid and not taking walkins. We ended up with pizza at PizzeRizzo.
    That's always the chance you take when going to the park without a reservation. We figured we could always do one of the quick services or make our way over to the Boardwalk area - just going with the flow!!
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: