Quantcast *Spoiler Alert* What are your thoughts on SW: TLJ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default *Spoiler Alert* What are your thoughts on SW: TLJ?

After a two year wait SW: TLJ finally debuted late last week. This movie was undoubtedly hyper analyzed. It is interesting that TLJ did about $28M less in it's first weekend than TFA. Can it pull in $1B in box office sales like TFA? I'll say it was very good and fit the series nicely without giving away any surprises. From other sites online I find too many people playing Monday morning quarterback on this one. It's like a Rembrandt...enjoy it for what it's worth rather than trying to critique and correct it.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw it Friday night and really enjoyed it. My son went see it again Saturday night with friends and says its one of his favorite Star Wars episodes.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

4. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with a group to see it last night. None of us liked it.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I disliked it. I can’t say I hated it but I did not like it.
    On the newest podcast we just recorded, we discuss the movie without giving spoilers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

We liked it but the original 3 will always be my favorites.
    TRACEY

8. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm assuming after three weeks, spoilers are ok.

We finally saw it today.

I have a hard time judging the new series. I loved Rogue One, but that is technically outside the cannon. So sticking to the reboot episodes 7 and 8, I just have a hard time stepping in and buying that there is this First Order (formerly the empire I guess) and the Resistance (formerly the Rebellion). I just haven't really accepted this starting point, just doesn't make much sense to me. It worked with the original Star Wars, beginning with the conflict between the Empire and the Rebellion, but that was resolved in Return of the Jedi. I just had a hard time with, 20-25 years later and we are at the exact same point.

Supreme Leader Snoke. I was very curious what his role would be. He clearly was a Sith or Jedi or something of that order, and I assume he created the First Order? But, almost like it was secondary, they kill him off and Kylo is in charge. Seemed a bit far fetched?

I thought Mark Hamill did a really good job, I enjoyed his character, loved to see him with Yoda one more time and thought his "exit" appropriate and fitting with the entire cannon.

Rey - a much better character than young Luke and is obviously "the Last Jedi". Looking forward to seeing what they do with her.

Finn and Rose - it was all good, just didn't really serve any ultimate purpose.

PO and BB8 - just really good characters, fun to watch

General Leia floating in space and then using the force to bring her back in to the ship. Ok, I almost did a shout out "really?" I thought that was one of the dumbest scenes I've witnessed in the Star Wars universe, and that says a lot considering the likes of Jar Jar Binks, the Ewoks and the entire prequel trilogy.

Overall I like this movie much more than TFA, as with that movie I couldn't help sit and watch and tick off everything it ripped off the original Star Wars. TLJ felt like the 3rd trilogy finally got its legs.

10. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    Supreme Leader Snoke. I was very curious what his role would be. He clearly was a Sith or Jedi or something of that order, and I assume he created the First Order? But, almost like it was secondary, they kill him off and Kylo is in charge. Seemed a bit far fetched?

General Leia floating in space and then using the force to bring her back in to the ship. Ok, I almost did a shout out "really?" I thought that was one of the dumbest scenes I've witnessed in the Star Wars universe, and that says a lot considering the likes of Jar Jar Binks, the Ewoks and the entire prequel trilogy.
    Totally agree on Snoke and Leia. Unless I'm missing something there's still no real background on who Snoke is or where he came from? I'm assuming he is he Darth Plagueis? They had so many opportunities to kill Leia off in this one that I'm not sure why they didn't take the opportunity. Perhaps they have good footage or tie in to make it all work in Episode IX? It should be interesting to see what Rian Johnson does with the "unrelated trilogy."
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Totally agree on Snoke and Leia. Unless I'm missing something there's still no real background on who Snoke is or where he came from? I'm assuming he is he Darth Plagueis? They had so many opportunities to kill Leia off in this one that I'm not sure why they didn't take the opportunity. Perhaps they have good footage or tie in to make it all work in Episode IX? It should be interesting to see what Rian Johnson does with the "unrelated trilogy."
    In the opera scene in Revenge of the Sith, Emperor Palpatine, if I recall correctly, told the story to Annakin of how Darth Plaguies was killed by his own apprentice, so I don't think Snoke can be Darth Plageius.

I'm getting the vibe that Rian Johnson may simply "forget" some of the plot lines that were handed over to him by JJ Abrams with TFA.

The scene could have really failed, but I like Po Daren: Yeah - still holding for general Hux

Hux kind of got played for the fool in this movie, in comparison to his role in TFA, but I thought the humor worked.

13. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hated the Leia scene.

When Carrie Fisher pasted away last year I assumed that they would have a scene where the ship she was on was destroyed. When the bridge was destroyed I though this is such a perfect way to write the character out of the series, but then we had the cringe worthy flying back to the ship scene. What made it worse is I can not think of anything Leia did after that scene that could not have been done by another character. Actually, I had another "Your kidding" moment when it was Leia who shot Po.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Adored it ... probably my favorite SW film of all time.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

16. Likes baldburke liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: