Quantcast Ticket Question: Have child pass but he will turn 10 before we use it

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ticket Question: Have child pass but he will turn 10 before we use it

Help!

So I had purchased some 4 day park hoppers last year when they had a deal for Canadians. They don't expire until 2030. Well, I figured we would use them this spring, but our plans have changed a bit. Now we may not use them until 2019 (unless I can squeeze in another trip later this year ). My concern is I bought a child pass for my son but he will be 10 years old by the time we use the tickets, meaning he would need an adult pass. Is there a way to upgrade my ticket to an adult one? Since everything is linked in My Disney Experience, I will assume they will know when he is 10 years old because I'm pretty sure ages are attached to profiles.

Have any of you guys dealt with this before? Suggestions?

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to sound like I’m making a joke but see if you can change his birthday on MDE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

4. Dislikes Speedy1998 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Second-worst case scenario is you would have to pay to upgrade those tickets from child to adult at then-current pricing. You would only pay the difference between the two prices as they were set in 2019.

The FIRST-WORST case scenario is if in 2019 the MDE website, seeing that you had a child's ticket linked to an "adults" profile, blocked you from making FP+ selections using that ticket. If that occurred you could only use the ticket after upgrading it in person, which would screw you out of FP+ selections in advance.

I have zero information on how the system actually works, but it is an interesting question. My GUESS is that you could probably make FP+ selections using a child's ticket, but would be rejected at the gate until you upgraded the ticket.

If the system wouldn't allow you to make FP+ selections using a child's ticket, you could do as Yungbuck73 suggested and change your child's birthday temporarily, then once you arrive at Disney upgrade the ticket and change the birth date back. It appears that you can change a child's DOB online, you just can't change an adult's. So now that I think about it maybe you should change your child's birthday year NOW before he turns 10, because the system MAY lock you out of changing his age in 2019.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried to change his birth year, and it won't let me. Well, let me be more accurate....the option to change the year is there and I tried, and I click save, but it doesn't update it no matter how many times I try. Guess it knows I'm not being honest. Ya, we'll see if I can squeeze in another trip later this summer. Maybe when I'm there in a few weeks I'll ask at guest services what we can do if we don't use it.

This leads to a whole other issue, but if you have more than one ticket linked to a person at the same time, you also need to call Tech Support and have them prioritize which pass to use first. See, because I bought these four day passes, but our next trip we will only be needing two days (which I'm going to have to buy still), then I need to call Tech Support apparently so that when we go to the parks, the days are only deducted from the two day tickets and NOT from the four day tickets. Does that make sense? Why we can't do that ourselves online, I dunno. So that'll be another call to make. Convoluted, huh?! Lol!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    * Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased non-expired hoppers way back in 2001 for my child and I - We both had day's left on those tickets. I went to customer relations window - a few years ago child now 21 (forgot about them and found them) and they just changed his ticket from a child to adult without a charge, as the cast member told me, they know and understand that "kids" grow up. This is also one of the reasons they don't like the "non-expired" tickets anymore, cause per CASTMEMBER at that window, people would purchase child for cheaper (not even having a child or children) amount and then go and inform them that their "child" turned into adult and then get free upgrade without paying the "adult" cost. Just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennsky View Post
    ... This leads to a whole other issue, but if you have more than one ticket linked to a person at the same time, you also need to call Tech Support and have them prioritize which pass to use first. See, because I bought these four day passes, but our next trip we will only be needing two days (which I'm going to have to buy still), then I need to call Tech Support apparently so that when we go to the parks, the days are only deducted from the two day tickets and NOT from the four day tickets. Does that make sense? Why we can't do that ourselves online, I dunno. So that'll be another call to make. Convoluted, huh?! Lol!
    Jen, you don't have to call Tech to prioritize tickets - any Guest Relations location can do it too. OR, you can accomplish the same thing yourself by creating a fictitious, placeholder guest (a child in this case since you have a child's ticket) and then reallocating the 4 day pass to "fake child 1". The app allows you to move never-used tickets around between guests on your account. If you do that, you can assure yourself that the 4 day ticket won't get used by mistake, and you can move it back after the 2day trip is over.

And the changing birthday thing has been that way since the dawn of MDE - it has nothing to do with Disney thinking you're being dishonest. You have to call to change a birth date. Nevet understood why they give you an option that doesn't actual do anything.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I'm definitely gonna try making up fake people and I'll move the passes over to them. I will feel better knowing for 100% sure the tickets aren't being used. I don't tend to have trust that things will be dealt with correctly if I call Tech Support. I tend to fall victim to Murphy's Law a lot where any mistake that can possibly happen, will happen to me.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    * Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I finally got along to resolving this issue. I made a fake person named "Bobby" and moved the child four day pass I had over to him so I could attach only the 2-day pass to my son correctly. It's looking like we will (cross yer fingers) be going back at the end of the summer so that 4-day pass will hopefully get used up then. So complicated! Lol!!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    * Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Could Try: Tell them you made a mistake when you reserved the ticket, clicked a year or two off. Not like he has drivers license, and he'll be really close to the correct age. Call and see if they can change it now. You happened to notice it wasn't correct. Have your husband call. My friends and I, always getting those birth years off.

Now if he shows up w/ a beard, well...
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings