Quantcast Grand Floridian Cafe - your thoughts?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Grand Floridian Cafe - your thoughts?

What are your experiences with the Grand Floridian Cafe? I like to do dinner at one of the MK resorts as it's fun to explore the resort and shops afterwards. In November, I chose the Poly and ate at Kona Cafe. I've really liked Kona in the past, but was rather disappointed with their new menu. The chicken dish was so sweet it could have been dessert! I would try it again and get the fish instead (I don't eat red meat), but want to see what others think about the Grand Floridian Cafe first.

Thanks!
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch-the sunlight coming in makes it so appealing. I've always had good service and food also. However, when I went by at night, after dark, the lighting looked kind of unappealing. But this was several years ago, so maybe things have improved. Either way, the food and service are probably till good at dinnertime.

Post Thanks / Like

We've had some really good breakfast experiences there, but have not done dinner. I have to think it will be good, though. When we've done dinners at GF, we've had some very nice meals at Citricos and Narcoossees - both excellent options, too.

Post Thanks / Like

We love the GF Cafe for breakfast and for dinner. The atmosphere is very busy and kind of loud, but the servers are great and the food has always been good. I'd give it a try.

WDW1985

Post Thanks / Like

We had our first dinner at the Grand Floridian Café last summer and LOVED it. The food was good and the service was excellent, it is now on our "must-do" list.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We love Grand Floridian Café. Had our first dinner there years ago because it was the only monorail/MK option available that looked appealing when we searched for a place to eat that evening before we left our room that morning. Turned out to be one of the best meals of the trip. Food was great, service was excellent, and the atmosphere was so pleasant. Very quiet and bright and airy, which was a very welcomed experience since we arrived there straight from MK on a hot summer day. We have been back several times for dinner. Always a nice meal.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for your responses! I think I'll give it a try!
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

9. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the GF Cafe and prefer it to Kona, though both have good things to offer. I've had wonderful experiences there for B, L, D. Usually good service, and never a bad time. Also, it's usually available if you decide to go without advance planning, with a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I love the GF Cafe and prefer it to Kona, though both have good things to offer. I've had wonderful experiences there for B, L, D. Usually good service, and never a bad time. Also, it's usually available if you decide to go without advance planning, with a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.
    I agree with everything Sherri said. Have gone there many times for breakfast and a couple times for lunch and we are always happy with our meal. It's been a while since I went there for dinner (10 years) but I remember my parents thoroughly enjoyed it. May be time to go back there for an arrival day dinner!
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: