Quantcast Disney Studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Disney Studios

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Studios

While still getting settled into our home, we often can only look at one week at a time as we need to look at deliveries, repair people appointments etc before we can decide which day might be used to pop over to Disney. This week, it looked like Thursday would be the best day and we planned for that. Then, we saw the weather forecast which calls for a freeze Wednesday night into Thursday with highs only in the 50s on Thursday. In taking another look at our schedule for the week on Monday, we decided we could swing a trip to the park on Tuesday.

Now, would there be any fastpasses? I was able to book fastpasses for Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and the Frozen singalong. At least I thought I was able to book those. On Tuesday morning, I checked my app to see if I could make any tweaks and none of my fastpasses showed up. Hmmmmm......

On the way to the Studios, we stopped at Dunkin for coffee and and a donut and continued on our way. We arrived just about the same time the park opened and a shuttle quickly brought us to the entrance. Two new security tables opened up just as we arrived so we were through that quickly as well as the passholder entrance stile. Once in the park, we paid a visit to Guest Relations to solve the mystery of the missing fastpasses. Now, I know the first thing I need to do when booking fastpasses is to select the date I want them for. I was sure I had clicked on the correct date but, no, there were all my fastpasses booked for Monday of next week.

I canceled those and tried to book fastpasses for the day we were there but there seemed to be nothing. Looks like we'll have to wing it....but wait....trying again got me fastpasses for Tower of Terror, Indiana Jones, and Rock n Roller Coaster. Okay, we're off.

We have close to an hour for our Tower of Terror fastpass so walk over and take in Muppet Vision. On our last several visits, we've walked in towards the tail end of the pre-show. Today we got to see much more of it. By time we exit the theater, it is nearly time for our Tower of Terror fastpass. The standby line is listed as 30 minutes but I can tell from the length of the line that can't possibly be accurate. It jumps to 60 minutes standby as we walk through the fastpass line. The reason becomes clear as we exit the library to get in line in the "basement" - one side of the ride has been shut down. It reopens just as we approach the area of choice so we are quickly headed to our hotel floor.

It seems we have enough time to take in Star Tours before our Indiana Jones fast pass time so head there despite the 30 minute listed standby time. While on line, the standby time is increased to 40 minutes and I am concerned about making our next fastpass so I am able to switch that to the next Indiana Jones show - problem solved. As it turns out, we make our journy through space with enough time to spare to have made the originally booked fastpass.

No problem - it's lunch time and we're hungry so we'll use the time until our Indy show to eat. We head to the Tune In Lounge and only needed to wait a few minutes for a couple of seats at the counter. We opt to share A Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes which makes an adequate lunch for the two of us. With still a little time to spare, we wander through one of the shops and I select a holiday themed tee that was left over and is now on sale.

We hadn't seen the Indy show in quite some time and had never before sat in the front row which we did for this performance. It was fun, as always.

With still more than an hour to go until our Rock n Roller fastpass, we decided there wasn't anything else we wished to do in the park on this day (especially since standby times for rides like Toy Story were hovering around 100 minutes) so I released that fastpass, we walked back to our car, and headed home.

All in all, a pleasant day at Hollywood Studios.

Observations - I think that currently this park seems more crowded than it actually is. With the closing of the car show and the Great Movie Ride both of which could accommodate quite large crowded comfortably, people are getting congested within the remaining attractions. Hopefully, this will improve with the opening of the Star Wars area of the park as well as the replacement ride for the Great Movie Ride.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Likes Isabella, Pally liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good time. I was at Epcot on Tuesday and Animal Kingdom on Wednesday. We should meet up sometime.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: