Quantcast B Resort versus All Stars Music- please help me decide!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default B Resort versus All Stars Music- please help me decide!

Hello! I am currently booked at two resorts, and I would like everyone's opinion to help me decide. I am driving myself insane trying to figure out what to do! After all these years, I finally am doing a solo trip to Disney. I have a conference February at Sea World, so I am flying down a few days early to to WDW for three nights on my own.

Currently I have three nights booked at B Resort (one of the Good Neighbor resorts by Disney Springs). I got a very good deal on it during their Cyber Monday special. They do a shuttle to MK that leaves 45 minutes before the park opens. They also have shuttles that run through the day.

For months I have been refreshing the WDW site to see if anything was available in my price range. All Stars Music finally came up today! The total stay is only about $80 more than the B Resort. I stayed there when it first opened, and do like the idea of staying on site.

My conundrum is around transportation and the condition of ASMu. I don't know the B Resort enough to "trust" their shuttle system. I am the sort of park goer that likes to get to rope drop early, and stay as late as possible. That could possibly mean several uber rides to and from throughout my stay. I checked their price estimator, and any savings that I would have from staying at B would go away with the fares. And... there is also the small matter of having a few too many at The Festival of the Arts, and then having to wait for a bus that am not familiar with, or getting in an uber in that condition. Not that I am going to be falling down, but I have to be smart.

All Star Music buses can be insane, but if it's just me it could be easier. Also, from what I have read lately ASMu has seen better days.

Please help! I am currently in the time frame where I can cancel either one without penalty. I want to be sure I am making an informed and rational decision. Thanks Intercotters!!!
    VEGGIE FRUIT FRUIT
    VEGGIE VEGGIE FRUIT FRUIT!
    VEGGIE FRUIT FRUIT!
    CHA CHA CHA!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that if your transportation costs are going to eat up any savings that you were going to have from staying off site that I would definitely stay on property. I did a solo trip to All Star Music in 2014 and thought it was great. Condition was OK but that was a few years ago now. My biggest concern with the Value's is room size and the small beds but as a solo that was not a problem.
    Just my 2 cents!!
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me, I would stay on property.

That being said, I have never stayed off property. (Well, except for that one time and it was long ago- so long ago that I don't even remember what it was like).
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you have to ask, what is the crazy asm buses vs cost worth to you. Me, I'd always choose offsite and better (if I felt that was it) then the ASM craziness. But I didn't particularly enjoy my time at ASM.

Either way, you'll probably have fun.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Are you a "hotel snob" or just need a place to plop your head at night? If you are at the park from dawn til dusk, I would think ASMu would be fine unless you are really picky about your hotels. I was at ASSp a couple of years ago. At first I didn't like it, but it eventually grew on me.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I see you're from Mass (GO PATS!!!). I'm going to PM you an agent I use. She got me a really good price on hotel for my March trip. Just email her your dates and what hotel. If she has anything available, she'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

talk to MJ they will find the BEST rates for you! Magical Journeys is the only way to go!
    fw 75-80-85-90
    cbr 95-98-01
    pofq-02-05-09-13-15
    disney wonder aug 08
    Disneyland Mar 18
    Contemporary Dec 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed in both. I would suggest staying at All Star Music. First off, Disney themed. Right there, that's a bonus. The B Resort felt modern-dated. Does that make sense? Like, it was all "modern" when it was built, but now feels dated and in need of a refresh. Although, the shower was *huge*.

Your All Star Music rooms will be smaller than the B hotel rooms. But being on-property is worth it, I think.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

You should check online reviews for the reliability of their transportation.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: