Quantcast First Construction Permit Filed for Potential Epcot Entrance Hotel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation First Construction Permit Filed for Potential Epcot Entrance Hotel

The Walt Disney Resort has filed a new permit that could be the first step in laying the groundwork for a yet-to-be-announced Resort Hotel at the Epcot park entrance.

Permit# 48-00714-P "403 Basin Stormwater Master Plan" filed with the South Florida Water Management District shows several construction zones related modifications to several known Epcot construction projects, but also shows construction in an unannounced area.

Zone A near the Epcot Entrance (shown in blue below) is in an area seemingly unrelated to any other announced project:

Name:  plan.jpg
Views: 1955
Size:  74.7 KB

The previously filed Permit #48-00714-P "Exploratory Geotechnical Borings For Epcot Nw Pond" is to the west of this new area and may be related to infrastructure work to support this new construction area and other Epcot construction projects.

The position of this construction zone appears to coordinate to recent rumours that plans are in-place to build a Resort Hotel near the Entrance to Epcot. Of the rumours, the zone would yield the potentiality of the hotel straddling the park entrance--similar to the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks Jeff, eam thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, angela2679 liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Interesting! That would really change the Epcot landscape ... I always thought an Epcot hotel would be closer to World Showcase, don't know why I thought that though.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine how much easier runDisney events will be for those staying at that Resort!

I'm intrigued by this project. I've never even considered something like this. That's a lot of parking being removed, but Epcot can spare it.

Essentially, another resort on the monorail line.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

6. Likes antjus01 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Essentially, another resort on the monorail line.
    Based on the Monorail's recent performance I am not sure that is a plus. Now if the monorail gets new trains or a lot of TLC to fix the problems, then that is a totally different story.

My Thoughts:

So, where are they planning on having the resort buses come in, if the map has the correct foot print? Also where would charter busses park, currently they use the same lot as the resort buses?

This will probably block any view of Spaceship Earth from outside the park. Not sure how I feel about that.

Will the hotel be tall enough so that Illuminations can be seen from it? If so that will effect the skyline for the guest inside the park.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

8. Likes Lindsey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Based on the Monorail's recent performance I am not sure that is a plus. Now if the monorail gets new trains or a lot of TLC to fix the problems, then that is a totally different story.

My Thoughts:

So, where are they planning on having the resort buses come in, if the map has the correct foot print? Also where would charter busses park, currently they use the same lot as the resort buses?

This will probably block any view of Spaceship Earth from outside the park. Not sure how I feel about that.

Will the hotel be tall enough so that Illuminations can be seen from it? If so that will effect the skyline for the guest inside the park.
    From an aerial view of Epcot, there's a mirror image of that lot (albeit covered with trees) where another parking lot can be created for the same uses. It's on the East side, south of the runDisney events' lot.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Wow! Interesting! That would really change the Epcot landscape ... I always thought an Epcot hotel would be closer to World Showcase, don't know why I thought that though.
    I thought that too (or wished), ease in and out of WS for drinks/dinner. More adult oriented.

Before they worry about throwing up another hotel near Epcot I wish they would focus on restoring Epcot to what it once was. Just my
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 02-07-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

11. Likes DisneyGiant, DisneyWorld1971 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

... I always thought an Epcot hotel would be closer to World Showcase, don't know why I thought that though.
    Well, the Beach Club is really just a stumble or two away from the WS entrance to Epcot....
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

If it takes up the whole front of the park like that, will it become a private entrance for that hotel?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998
    ... if the map has the correct foot print? Also where would charter busses park
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley
    If it takes up the whole front of the park
    The Construction Zone will likley not be the foot print of the hotel. As these are permits relating to impact on water basins, drainage ponds, and the water table in general; the zones reflect more the impacted area. Later documents would likely show the foundation and hard surface plan, but the site would be somewhere in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley
    ... will it become a private entrance for that hotel?
    It would most likely be situated similar to the Disneyland Hotel at the front of Disneyland Paris:

Name:  DLPH.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  20.3 KB
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen the Disneyland Paris park and hotel, but that picture makes it seem like a whole lot of people are funneled into a small area. I wouldn't want all that extra foot traffic in a hotel I was staying at either.

Post Thanks / Like

The Disneyland Paris Hotel entrance is above the park turnstiles and ticket booths, so park guests do not have to go into the hotel to enter the park. I expect an Epcot hotel at the front entrance will be similar with park guests entering through a pavilion at ground level with the hotel built above. The monorail may pass through the hotel (a la the Contemporary at MK) which would be cool.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok not a fan. There are already 3 deluxe resorts right outside of EPCOT on the back side in walking distance. Putting one in front of the park is IMHO silly. Parking is at times very limited. I parked on the grass one year right outside the monorail. When leaving I had to drive through the grass and out between two trees.
    There is a lot of land around that a Resort could be built on this to me seems forced.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Because it makes more sense to have a big building back there, in regards to theming/aesthetics.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the chances it could be a value resort or moderate resort?? I just can't see doing a deluxe resort as little as we are there so we choose value or moderate. Here's hoping!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorld1971 View Post
    What's the chances it could be a value resort or moderate resort?? I just can't see doing a deluxe resort as little as we are there so we choose value or moderate. Here's hoping!!!
    Slim to none, and Slim has already left the building. Either going to be Deluxe or DVC (or both.) Disney has been catering primarily to high end visitors for quite some time now and the trend doesn't seem to be slowing.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    The Disneyland Paris Hotel entrance is above the park turnstiles and ticket booths, so park guests do not have to go into the hotel to enter the park. I expect an Epcot hotel at the front entrance will be similar with park guests entering through a pavilion at ground level with the hotel built above. The monorail may pass through the hotel (a la the Contemporary at MK) which would be cool.
    Yeah, b/c following DP is such an exciting thing.. With the exception of a Ratatouille ride.

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Slim to none, and Slim has already left the building. Either going to be Deluxe or DVC (or both.) Disney has been catering primarily to high end visitors for quite some time now and the trend doesn't seem to be slowing.
    Odds still seem high
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

22. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Yeah, b/c following DP is such an exciting thing.. With the exception of a Ratatouille ride.
    Hey, don't knock it until you've been there. It's a pretty cool and unique park. And yes, Ratatouille is awesome.

I'm having a hard time picturing the placement of this resort (if it's true). But I'm old-school and I guess I prefer not having a resort entrance to walk through to get to the park?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

Odds still seem high
    My problem with copying things from other parks is that it gives you less incentive to go see other places. Why would I spend thousands of dollars to go see something I can do cheaper here at home?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    My problem with copying things from other parks is that it gives you less incentive to go see other places. Why would I spend thousands of dollars to go see something I can do cheaper here at home?
    Well, if you are going to copy, copy the good things. Carsland!

Its like in school, you wouldn't copy from the dunce?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea in theory.... but to be honest, I'd rather they stop building hotels for a little while and spend those millions on fixing the stuff they've already got. *cough cough monorails*
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

27. Thanks Isabella thanked for this post
    Likes Isabella, Lindsey liked this post