Quantcast Lovely Animal Kingdom Day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lovely Animal Kingdom Day

After many below average temperatures during the month of January, we are now experiencing above normal temperatures. Yesterday went into the 80s which made it a lovely day to visit Animal Kingdom.

I was able to get a fastpass to the Safari ride but not until late in the afteroon. We left the park earlier than our fastpass time would roll around so did not get to ride this at all on this day.

We got a big of a late start so got into the park with only 20 minutes or so to go for our Expedition Everest fastpass. I tried to move the time around but no additional fastasses were available for the day. Therefore, we headed directly there once we got through the gate though we did stop for a couple of minutes to see DeVine who was out along our route.

We needed have worried about missing our Fastpass time as the standby line was listed as 5 minutes when we arrived at Everest. I guess everyone was over in Pandora as the waits for the two rides there were more than 2 hours from early in the day. If one did the standby line for each of these two lines, one could spent the whole day in Animal Kingdom and only ride these 2 lines!!

When we exited Everest, we were hungry so stopped for a pleasant breakfast at Yak & Yeti. With tummies full, we headed over to ride Dinosaur on a fastpass. We hadn't been on this ride for quite some time - since before it's last refurb so did notice some differences in the ride.

We wandered over to Pandora - not to ride either of the rides - way too long for me but I wanted to see the shop, Windtraders as we had never been in there. As we left, I noted that The Lion King was going to start in 15 minutes so we headed there and were seated just before the show began. Good, as always.

After checking out the gorillas at the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail, we headed towards Asia to walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Along the way, we stopped at Thirsty River Bar & Trek for a drink which we took into the Rivers of Light Stadium to sit and relax for a bit.

While we were able to see the male tiger during our jungle trek, we discovered the mom and babies had gone inside just 20 minutes before our arrival so did not get to see them.

We decided we were now hungry so made our way over to Flame Tree BBQ for a late lunch. While there, we saw a couple of very beautiful herons hanging out around the dining tables.

After lunch, we wandered through a few shops as we make our way to the exit and back home again.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, magicofdisney, MizMissy liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lovely day.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

So jealous. It must be amazing to go to WDW so often since you live so close. Love reading you reports. Thanks for sharing.
    TRACEY

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: