Quantcast Feb 2018 Rumors

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Feb 2018 Rumors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feb 2018 Rumors

I haven't seen a good rumor thread running in a while so I thought I would start one. Below are the Rumors that I have heard recently:

1. The main street theater project has been canceled, and the funds that were allocated for it are going to be used to purchase new Monorails -- I like this if it is true the current monorails have been in service as long as or longer than the original WDW monorails and based on some youtube videos I have seen lately they are in tough shape.
    2. Coco will replace the Three Caballeros in the Mexican pavilion -- I don't think they could possibly do worse than what they currently have so, yeah?!?!
    3. A Mary Poppins attraction is going to be built in the UK pavilion -- I don't think there is a lot of space there, so I wonder where they are planning on putting it. However I like the idea of something more than just shops and live bands in that pavilion.
    4. Tomorrowland speedway is going to get electric cars, and it will be rethemed to Tron to match the roller coaster they are building next to it. -- I think the electric cars is likely, but I do not see how a Tron theming would work in the bright Florida sun.

So has anyone heard anything else? Or has anyone see confirmation of these?
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The re-allotment of funds to the monorail wouldn't surprise me. They got some really bad press from some of those videos floating around.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry but the idea that poor old Disney can't afford to fix the Monorail and do the theater is just laughable. Maybe we should start putting Mason jars out for people to throw their spare change into as they walk onto the Monorail. We'll put a sign on it that says "your loose change could help us replace 2, maybe 3, Monorail door locks, will you kindly open your hearts to our cause?"

Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

5. Likes VWL Mom, Tekneek, TinkerbellT421 liked this post
    Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of an attraction in the UK Pavillion, since I was little I always thought though the theming was great I felt a bit left out that we were the only Pavillion without an actual attraction to speak of.

Then again it was very realistic last time we went into the UK Pavillion... it rained, a lot!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I am sorry but the idea that poor old Disney can't afford to fix the Monorail and do the theater is just laughable. Maybe we should start putting Mason jars out for people to throw their spare change into as they walk onto the Monorail. We'll put a sign on it that says "your loose change could help us replace 2, maybe 3, Monorail door locks, will you kindly open your hearts to our cause?"

Don't give them any ideas . . .
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    I haven't seen a good rumor thread running in a while so I thought I would start one. Below are the Rumors that I have heard recently:

2. Coco will replace the Three Caballeros in the Mexican pavilion -- I don't think they could possibly do worse than what they currently have so, yeah?!?!
    Disney Leadership, "Hold my beer"

I'm not a fan of Coco.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post

The ability to afford something and willingness to spend the money are two different things. If Disney is like every corporation I have ever worked for, when the parks and resorts folks asked for money to buy new monorails, the folks that approve such things had a fit, especially with all the other things Disney is spending money on in the parks right now.

This is ofcourse only if the rumor is true. For all we know when Disney did the initial surveys of the site for the theater, they found it to be unsuitable for such a large structure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

I'm not a fan of Coco.
    Just remember these are rumors, my sources may be bad, or the plans are in such a preliminary stage that they may not ever make it off the drawing board.

Having said that, Disney will make it's decisions based on what their internal information is telling them will be more popular. In this case Three Caballeros vs Coco. Coco is a hot IP that was just release in late 2007 and based on the ticket sales at the theaters has a mass appeal. Three Caballeros is a movie release in 1945, and mostly has a following of Disney nerds like those of us that visit intercot and similar sites, and lets face for the majority of us that visit intercot, the attraction is the Mexican pavilion is not going to cause us to stop going to Disney World.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember these are rumors, my sources may be bad, or the plans are in such a preliminary stage that they may not ever make it off the drawing board.

Having said that, Disney will make it's decisions based on what their internal information is telling them will be more popular. In this case Three Caballeros vs Coco. Coco is a hot IP that was just release in late 2007 and based on the ticket sales at the theaters has a mass appeal. Three Caballeros is a movie release in 1945, and mostly has a following of Disney nerds like those of us that visit intercot and similar sites, and lets face for the majority of us that visit intercot, the attraction is the Mexican pavilion is not going to cause us to stop going to Disney World.

Oh I'm not holding you to the fire. That rumor sounds certainly plausible. And I'm not a fan of the TC current form of the Mexican pavilion. But the coco.. eek. We elected to skip Disney last year, and will probably this year. Do something else. Or certainly be less Disney focused.

Still, Coco. I'd rather them work in almost anything else. Like a "good restaurant.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

As much as anything, they need to update the film clips to at least the 2000's. Most, if not all, of the video used in the attraction looks like it is right out of the '70's!!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

13. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    As much as anything, they need to update the film clips to at least the 2000's. Most, if not all, of the video used in the attraction looks like it is right out of the '70's!!!!

Yeah, disney likes standard definition apparently. Probably still use 8 tracks to play the park music.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

4. Tomorrowland speedway is going to get electric cars
    That would be great, and about time. They were discussing changing them to electric cars back in 2003 when my husband was still a blue-badge at Team Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

THey used to theme them to Indy cars. It'd be cool if they can get a deal w/ Formula E. Especially with their large international market.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

As long as they don't make the Tequila bar inside Mexico character dining with Coco.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

18. Likes texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    As long as they don't make the Tequila bar inside Mexico character dining with Coco.
    I wish they'd add in a Scotland/Brave pavilion. I would love a scotch bar. As would most of the guys that are at WDW at some point.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Anything would be better than The Three Caballeros. Those projection screens with cheap flicks playing on them are horrible. I don't care if it is Coco, just give us something else and put a little effort into it this time. If nothing else, they could rip out all the Three Caballeros junk and return it to the previous mexico ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: