Quantcast DVC Membership Extras Eligibility

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Membership Extras Eligibility

This was posted in my Disney Vacation Club notifications and wanted to share for those who didn't see it yet.

Membership Extras Eligibility
    "Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements. For more information, visit Important Membership Documents. "

BWV & HH

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It was only a matter of time before they closed the loop hole of people buying big contracts resale and then buying the minimum 25 add ons for member perks.

I got blocked from a DVC member group page on FB for stating as such. And for defending myself when I was told I was "lied to" by my agent because when we bought in there was a 160 point minimum purchase. People came on and started bashing me saying there was never a minimum for initial purchases, defended myself and then noticed yesterday I got banned. Big babies, lol.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    It was only a matter of time before they closed the loop hole of people buying big contracts resale and then buying the minimum 25 add ons for member perks.
    I'm actually surprised they didn't make it 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    got blocked from a DVC member group page on FB for stating as such. And for defending myself when I was told I was "lied to" by my agent because when we bought in there was a 160 point minimum purchase. People came on and started bashing me saying there was never a minimum for initial purchases, defended myself and then noticed yesterday I got banned. Big babies, lol.
    What is going on with people and FB? I've realized there are a whole lot of nasty, self serving people out there. They remind me of the little man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. You're better off without them!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

5. Likes TinkerbellT421 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I'm actually surprised they didn't make it 100.

What is going on with people and FB? I've realized there are a whole lot of nasty, self serving people out there. They remind me of the little man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. You're better off without them!
    Ditto on the 100!!!

Ugh that page drove me nuts anyway. It was nothing but a bunch of people bashing other people for asking questions. Or bashing people that buy direct as stupid, and "drinking the Disney Kool aid" and getting ripped off and how resale buyers were smarter, blah blah blah. It was like watching a bunch of five year olds argue all day lol but yet I'm the one that gets removed because I made a point about how there used to be a 160 minimum just to buy into DVC and a bunch of new owning DVC people started bashing me that I was a liar because there was never a minimum, that my agent lied to me just to make a sale, blah blah blah. So I had to defend myself, I log in the next day and the page was gone lol so clearly they removed me. But yet the 30 that screamed at a woman complaining about tie dyed towels all stayed...I'm really getting to the point that I can't stand FB anymore.
    Last edited by TinkerbellT421; 02-13-2018 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Fixed typos
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

There's always been a first-time-purchase minimum contract, as far as I can tell. So you are absolutely right. When we first look to buy, the minimum was 250 points. It eventually came down to 190 for a period, which is when we bought. Once you have a "full" contract, you can add on in smaller increments. I doubt that's changed for new buyers wanting to purchase at a Wilderness Lodge today through Disney.

The comparison to the man behind the curtain in Oz is a good one - nasty anonymous opinions if you don't agree with exactly what they're saying. Life's too short for that stuff!

8. Likes TinkerbellT421 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: