when we were kids my mom and dad would always take my sister and i to disney and it would always be a surprise. We would go eat, and suddenly we are at the airport and getting on a plane. Or they would say we were going camping (which we did a lot), and suddenly we were turning into the airport. you wake up in Shawnee, ks and go to sleep in Orlando, fl. how cool is that? It became a guessing game with us in the back seat "hey have you been missing any clothes"? we always looked for it, and they always got us. Back then it was harder because no intenet, they had to make calls, and get brochures. I really miss those times. I would highly recommend anyone to do that.

but my biggest regret is i always said that i wanted to do that to them. To take them out to dinner and suddenly we're on our way do disney. with our families and their grandchildren in tow. I waited too long. Just a couple years ago i could have, but My mom is really sick, she has alzheimers and arthritis all over her body. emotionally and phsycially she has an issue going down stairs to the dining hall at her elderly care center. My dad baby's her but it's tough on him. I really wish i had done that a few years ago.
So i guess what i'm saying, is surprise your kids, but surprise your parents too before it's too late. if you have memories of disney w/ your parents, take them too!

I understand you may have to move this another forum, but i wanted to just say, do it!