Quantcast Golfing Question...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Golfing Question...

Hey fellow ICOT duffers out there - looking to possibly play a round of golf this coming trip in August soooo....Recommendations on which course to tackle? Played a round at the old Osprey Ridge Course several years back and enjoyed it a bunch. Any suggestions, thoughts, tips are appreciated!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The alligators in the water are no joke. One came out, took my titleist.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've heard, Palm has lots of water; LBV-some people don't like that there are buildings all around (OKW villas) and thus deem the fairways "tight".

Post Thanks / Like

I've played the Palm, Oak Trail, and LBV courses multiple times each. I love them all and had a blast at each. Still hoping to get on the Magnolia at some point, but haven't had much luck yet.

Since you are planning on August the first thing would be hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate. It is hot out there in August. Secondly, I would recommend booking an early a.m. tee time to try and get a couple hours at slightly cooler temps.

If you are able, I would suggest bringing your own clubs. I've done it both ways and it was a better experience by far having my own clubs.

If you are staying at a WDW resort the cab ride and tip are included both ways. Just ask at your resort and they will get your voucher and call you a cab. After you finish head back into the Pro shop and do the same. They will give you a voucher that covers the cab fare and tip back to your resort.

If you are going to get "souvenirs" from the Pro shop I would say do it after your round. You'll feel less rushed and won't have to worry about carrying it around the course. Just make sure that you hold off asking for a cab until you are done looking around or you could get rushed again.

Palm Course: Challenging w/lots of water. Fun to play on a course that the PGA Tour used to play on.

Oak Trail: 9 hole walking course. Another fun course. I like to play this one a lot. I try for the earliest tee times here. Usually I can be done and back at our resort by 10:00 a.m. allowing me to meet up with the family for a late breakfast and head to the parks.

LBV: I really like this one. It is a bit tighter off the tees on some of the holes but still really fair. There is a bit of water on this course also, but it is Disney so....We stay a POR a lot so this one is much closer to get to for us. It always tends to feel more laid back here. The Palm, Magnolia, Oak Trail Pro shop has three courses they are trying to get people out on, so it is always crowded there. With just the one course, LBV feels much quieter and less hectic.

All in All I have been very happy with all of them and will be playing again. More recently, I prefer to get a few early quick rounds in at Oak Trail to get used to the grasses. (MA/NH grass is much different and no grain!). Then later in the week play 18 at some of the other courses. There are multi-day discounts available so if you are thinking of playing more than 1 round I would encourage you to look into those.

Hope this helps and Hit 'em straight!
    DLR many times,April '05 Pop Century,April '08 POR,DLR April '09,CBR Dec '09,POR Sept '10,April '12 Universal's RPRH then Disney's POR,Feb '14 AKL,DLR July '15,APR '17 POR, JAN '18 DCL, JUL '18 ASMu,DEC '18 "NYE" AoA-Nemo,FEB '20 AoA-LK
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of helpful insight Greg, thanks a bunch. Oak Trail could be a quicker yet seemingly fun and challenging option - definitely more than just a little par 3 pitch & putt set-up - decisions decisions....
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL