Quantcast Bay Lake Tower

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bay Lake Tower

We spent three nights at Bay Lake Tower last week, arriving on Wednesday, February 28 and returning home yesterday.

February 28
    We pulled into the Bay Lake parking lot around 9:30 in the morning. Our room was not yet ready so we parked the car and headed to the monorail at the Contemporary. We went through security prior to boarding the monorail but picked the elevator line instead of the escalator line - oops!!! At the Transportation and Ticket Center, we transferred to the Epcot line. Once we arrived at Epcot, we discovered we needed to go through security again. Seems to me that they need to rethink how they are doing that. I don't mind going through security but I never left a secure area once I entered the monorail at the Contemporary as I know everyone coming into the Transportation and Ticket Center goes through security before boarding there.

Anyway, we are in the park. It's the first day of the Flower and Garden show and everything is looking lovely!!

We use our fastpass for Living with the Land and it's a good thing we had it as the standby line is 40 minutes long. Since we were at the end of our fastpass window when we got to Living with the Land, it is already time for our Frozen fastpass. On the way there, I decide I need to put something into my tummy since we haven't eaten anything at all yet today. The closest stand is in Mexico so we share a Pork Taco and bottle of water. Okay - that'll tide me over until lunch.

This is only the second time we've every ridden Frozen and, frankly, I'm not blown away by it. It's cute but not so amazing as to warrant the kind of standby waits that I've been seeing for this ride.

After Frozen, we make our way over to Spice Road Table in Morocco where we are seated on the exterior patio. It is a lovely day to lunch outside. We share an order of calamari and then finish up with chocolate pyramid cake and ice cream. Quite yummy!!

The American Adventure recently reopened after some refurbishment and we haven't seen this show in quite some time so we head there. We arrive in time to enjoy the Voices of Liberty. We didn't notice any significant changes in the American Adventure show though I do know they changed up some of the photos that appear at the end of the show.

Exiting the American pavilion, we continue on around World Showcase and decide to stop in the United Kingdom for a beer. There is no availability at the outside tables and the inside tables are all in use as well. One table for four has two individuals seated at the table. My spouse asks if they mind if we are seated at the same table and they invite us to sit down but it becomes quickly apparent they have no interest in conversing with us. When they leave, we share the table with a couple from Montreal for a bit. English is not their first language but their command of the language allows us to carry on a conversation (which would not have been possible if we were relying on French!!!). When they leave, we are joined by a mother and son who both reside in Florida. After these nice conversations, we take our leave. While we were in the pub, we had received a text assigning our Bay Lake Tower room number.

As we tarried at the pub, we missed our fastpass for Spaceship Earth but are okay with not taking that ride on this day. We stop in one of the shops and I purchase an apron with Minnie on it and a festival tee.

We stop to walk through the butterfly house and saw some that I had never seen before. From there, we take the two monorails back to the Contemporary. We head to our car to grab our belongings and take them with us to our 10th floor lake view room.

Calling it a lake view room is a bit of a stretch as there is only a small patch of lake that can be seen from inside the room. The lake view is more apparent as you go out onto the balcony. Despite this, we found we greatly enjoyed the views from our room. We could see Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary as well as the Grand Floridian off to our right. Additionally, we could make out the Swan and Dolphin resorts as well as Spaceship Earth off in the distance.

For dinner, we head up to Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower. There, we have a margarita flatbread and a cheese plate. We watch the Happily Ever After fireworks from there and then return to our room.

This is when we discover that we can see some of the Illuminations fireworks from our room. We also have a partial view of the Electrical Light Pageant from our balcony.

It's time to rest up for tomorrow's park day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Likes missymouseworld, baldburke, MizMissy liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! It sounds crazy busy! You know it is a busy day when LWTL has a long line. Still, sounds fun, especially the time in the pub, with the rotating table mates.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a lovely room, I'd really like to stay there sometime.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fun... looking forward to vicariously living your second day with you!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fantastic day! Can't wait to hear more.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds perfect Linda!
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: