Quantcast Parking at Poly & Contemporary to go to Bar/Lounges there

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parking at Poly & Contemporary to go to Bar/Lounges there

Has anyone had experience with parking at the Polynesian to go to Trader Sam's? Or at the Contemporary to go to the Top of the World Lounge (DVC)?

I've parked at the Boardwalk without a dining reservation without problems, but I wasn't sure about the MK area hotels.

Thanks!
    DVC Member
    Boston, MA and Celebration, FL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It really depends on how packed the lots are. If it is slow and there are plenty of available parking spots you may be allowed to park without dining reservations. However, the Poly parking lot is ALWAYS packed, so it wouldn't surprise me to be turned away there based on how crowded the parking is at the time. We've been turned away at Yacht Club, they wouldn't even allow us to valet. The CM told us that there was no parking available in either lot.

Also, are you a DVC member? Just asking because Top of the World Lounge is reserved for DVC only. I am not 100% certain of their current rules, and I hope someone with better knowledge comes along. It was my understanding that at one point, and maybe still now, that only DVC members staying at Bay Lake were allowed into the lounge. That may have changed and all DVC members are allowed, and I may just not be aware. I am not a DVC member so have never been myself, and I am not 100% sure of the rules and regulations in place.

If you plan to park in one spot and monorail "hop" to the various lounges you could always park at the TTC and not have to worry about being turned away. You could also valet at any of the resorts.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Also, are you a DVC member? Just asking because Top of the World Lounge is reserved for DVC only. I am not 100% certain of their current rules, and I hope someone with better knowledge comes along. It was my understanding that at one point, and maybe still now, that only DVC members staying at Bay Lake were allowed into the lounge. That may have changed and all DVC members are allowed, and I may just not be aware. I am not a DVC member so have never been myself, and I am not 100% sure of the rules and regulations in place.
    From MS regarding TotWL
    Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom’s most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018.

Blockout Dates
    The following blockout dates apply:
    December 30-31, 2017
    July 3-4, 2018
    December 30-31, 2018

Accessing the Lounge
    This perk is available for our Members and their guests. People who are in that Member’s traveling party and staying on that Member’s reservation are also eligible to visit Top of the World Lounge. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

Parking & Transportation
    Parking is only available to those staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quick DVC ? for Top of the Tower Lounge and the Epcot Lounge....We are DVC members and my son is travelling to WDW with friends in May....can he use our card to get access if he still resides at home under our residence and can show ID stating that? Also, would he be able to use the card for the discounts at the restaurants/shops?
    Wasn't sure about this?

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    Quick DVC ? for Top of the Tower Lounge and the Epcot Lounge....We are DVC members and my son is travelling to WDW with friends in May....can he use our card to get access if he still resides at home under our residence and can show ID stating that? Also, would he be able to use the card for the discounts at the restaurants/shops?
    Wasn't sure about this?
    Your DVC card is only for the owners and it has your name on it, they do check ID and confirm your name with your DVC card. We have had this done numerous times. But you never know, if it is a slow time they might just look at the card.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

7. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On our most recent trip to WDW, at the end of January, any time we were using a DVC "perk", in addition to our DVC member card we were also required to show a photo ID.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

9. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses! Love hearing people's experiences.

Sounds like the Poly could be hit or miss with parking. I like the idea of just parking at the TTC -- could simply walk over to the Poly from there! I have an AP so no concerns re: paying to park at the TTC.

Thank you to VWL Mom for finding and pasting in the DVC info on the Top of the World Lounge. I am a DVC member, but I didn't know you can only go when staying on points--so very helpful info! When I plan my next DVC trip, I'll coordinate my MK visit with an evening at Top of the World.
    DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan1979 View Post
    Thank you to VWL Mom for finding and pasting in the DVC info on the Top of the World Lounge. I am a DVC member, but I didn't know you can only go when staying on points--so very helpful info! When I plan my next DVC trip, I'll coordinate my MK visit with an evening at Top of the World.
    You don’t need to be staying on points but you do need to be staying onsite.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 03-19-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from WDW. We wanted to go get something to eat at the Poly and take our time (without a reservation). We were told at the gate that we could park for 2 hours but anything after that there would be a $25 charge!!!!! Yeah, I don't think so. We left and went to eat elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    We just returned from WDW. We wanted to go get something to eat at the Poly and take our time (without a reservation). We were told at the gate that we could park for 2 hours but anything after that there would be a $25 charge!!!!! Yeah, I don't think so. We left and went to eat elsewhere.
    Thank you for sharing your recent experience. Helpful to know you weren't turned away entirely.

Having bought in Celebration last year and thus now having the opportunity to visit WDW more often, I'm particularly excited about exploring aspects of Disney that don't fit into the typical 5-night trip: like visiting the Poly for a drink at Trader Sam's and a Dole Whip! This thread has helped me decide that parking at the TTC (for the MK resorts) or Uber is the way to go!
    DVC Member