Quantcast MNSSHP & MVMCP Dates and Prices Announced

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MNSSHP & MVMCP Dates and Prices Announced

Holy cow!! MNSSHP starting early.
    Surprised that they don't extend MVMCP into the new year by a week or two!! They're missing out on some $$$$$!!!

This year, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will transform Magic Kingdom Park for a sweet 34 nights.

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Dates

August 17, 24, 28, 31
    September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
    October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31

Returning treats include the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show in front of Cinderella Castle featuring the mischievous Sanderson sisters from the hit Disney film “Hocus Pocus” (my favorite Halloween film), Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade and “Happy HalloWishes,” the fall spectacular led by the infamous Disney villains!

Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets start at $75 in advance or $85 at the gate, if available.

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

When the seasons change, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will transform the Magic Kingdom Park into a winter wonderland for the most magical 22 days of the year!

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dates

November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29, 30
    December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21

Returning favorites for the holidays include Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade; “Holiday Wishes,” fireworks spectacular; “A Frozen Holiday Wish,” featuring Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to present a gift to everyone in the kingdom—transforming Cinderella Castle into a sparkling, icy centerpiece for the celebration; and the jubilant show, “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”*

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets start at $95 in advance or $105 at the gate, if available.
    Is it just me, or are the prices for MNSSHP "slightly" lower than last year?

Was thinking about 'double dipping' and trying to get both MNSSHP AND MVMCP in on one trip, but I don't think I can swing 2 solid weeks off work. (Nor could I afford that much for a resort room!!!)
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks Figment! thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I am surprised that MNSSHP is starting even EARLIER than last year, and that was early last year. You're right, ticket prices haven't changed much ... we paid $74 for the first MNSSHP last year.

I'm also surprised that there is a whole week change over between parties. I guess they want to force people to take a longer trip to do both?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We were hoping to do both this year. But not with 8 days in between parties. Oh well

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow I just looked for this on the Disney World site and it has nothing on there. I am trying to find out what days they close early while we are there. Thanks!!! By the way where did you find this info??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWorld1971 View Post
    Oh wow I just looked for this on the Disney World site and it has nothing on there. I am trying to find out what days they close early while we are there. Thanks!!! By the way where did you find this info??
    OOPPS never mind I found it on Disney Park Blog.

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy 4th of July!! Now lets put out the pumpkins.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

10. Likes Tekneek, CanadianWDWFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be a lot easier for Disney to simply list the days they don't have the party. An ingenious way of "douple-dipping" money grab.

I know its been a lot of years since my wife and I did MVMCP, but I think the price point at that time was under $50. I can't imagine paying over $100 a person, an add'l $500 for my family on top of all the rest of the vacation costs. I know people pay it, I just don't get it. Its nice, its fun, but imo definitely not even close to being worth the cost of admission. I guess good on Disney for being able to collect twice on the same day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    I know its been a lot of years since my wife and I did MVMCP, but I think the price point at that time was under $50. I can't imagine paying over $100 a person, an add'l $500 for my family on top of all the rest of the vacation costs. I know people pay it, I just don't get it. Its nice, its fun, but imo definitely not even close to being worth the cost of admission. I guess good on Disney for being able to collect twice on the same day.
    I agree. Clearly some people still find value in it, and I hope those people have a great time, but it isn't what it used to be.

I wish that, with the expansion of party dates, they were reducing the maximum number of tickets sold for each party. That would go a long way towards bringing some value back to the experience. I remember attending when it was more like an E-ride night (remember those?) with special events.

Post Thanks / Like

And everyone was complaining about 20/day for parking.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    And everyone was complaining about 20/day for parking.
    Honestly, my biggest complaint isn't about the money, because I simply won't pay it, so there is no issue. My biggest complaint is that as a resort guest, our favorite time to go down there used to be the weekend after Thanksgiving and then go for 8-10 nights. When I look at the calendar I realize that my access to the MK is limited for more than 50% of my stay, unless I'm willing to be gouged more and fork over another $500.

Its hard enough to potentially have to plan ADRs 180 days out, then fastpass selections 60 days out and then remember that for half of your stay you can't really choose the MK as your destination because of all these party dates.

As I said, good on Disney if the can sit back and double dip on admissions for almost two months.

Post Thanks / Like

I am driving in October 6th and staying 7 nights, so that gives me 6 full park days of the 7th through the 12th. Of those 6 days there are parties on 4 of them, meaning 66% of my days are where MK is a no-go, which also means that on my two dates where MK is open regular hours that it will be PACKED because everyone will be trying to get their full day in, just like me.

I really miss going in the summer, I think the heat is worth it in order to get the summer's long park hours, more evenly spread crowds between the parks, and the complete lack of any parties! But my wife just can't stand the heat after being spoiled by fall and winter weather at WDW.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I really miss going in the summer, I think the heat is worth it in order to get the summer's long park hours, more evenly spread crowds between the parks, and the complete lack of any parties! But my wife just can't stand the heat after being spoiled by fall and winter weather at WDW.
    Careful...It won't be too long before that can figure out some kind of 'festival' to take up the summer months. Flower & Garden stretches to the end of May and the MNSSHP dates are running from mid-August now, so you only have 10 - 11 weeks to take up!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I am driving in October 6th and staying 7 nights, so that gives me 6 full park days of the 7th through the 12th. Of those 6 days there are parties on 4 of them, meaning 66% of my days are where MK is a no-go, which also means that on my two dates where MK is open regular hours that it will be PACKED because everyone will be trying to get their full day in, just like me.

All the party dates (Halloween in August?) and festivals except for the busy summer time .... no slower times of the year....
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: