Quantcast World of Warcraft Disney Reunion Pre-trip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default World of Warcraft Disney Reunion Pre-trip report

This was supposed to be my daughter's wedding planning trip, but those plans changed. Everything was paid for, so I decided to go ahead with the trip. She wants to save her paid time off for her wedding and the family reunion trip later this year, so I'm bringing some friends that I know from an MMO game I play. Yes, I play WoW and have a blast with it!

Me - Protection Paladin (which just means I let bad guys in the game beat up on me to protect others)
    Zeeraz - Restoration Shaman (one of the healers who keeps me alive while I'm getting beat on). Has never been to Disney World but enjoyed Disneyland last November. He is bringing his kids with him to the big reunion trip in October, so he's getting broken in now.
    Chaquella - Holy Paladin (one of the healers who keeps me alive while I'm getting beat on). I got him hooked on Disney World 3 years ago. He lives in Florida and now has an annual pass
    Will (he doesn't play, so he doesn't have a toon name) - Chaq's new boyfriend. This is my first time meeting him. He has been warned that I will only approve if he loves Disney too. :P

Because of the way life goes, we were all never on the same page enough to plan out fastpasses, so we're winging it this trip. It has been more relaxing not stressing over guessing what time we will wake up and get to the park, what time is perfect for which ride, will everyone want to ride this, etc. I am a little stressed that the newbies will be less than awed without the ability to get on the E-ticket rides without a long wait. We are aged from mid-30s to 50s though, so I think relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere will be just as enjoyable as running from ride to ride.

Saturday, May 12 - fly in
    Chaq and Will are picking us up at the airport. This night we are just going to relax at the resort.
    We are staying at a Sheraton timeshare. I really like Sheraton, and their timeshares usually have plenty to do at the resort itself. I think we will enjoy the accommodations. It's a 3 bedroom, so we have plenty of room.

Sunday, May 13 - Epcot
    We'll kick the day off with a visit to Mara to eat Chakalaka for breakfast. We have reservations at Rose & Crown for 1850. I want to get there a little early and request a table by the water. Our reservation here three years ago with the outside table near the water during Illuminations was one of Chaq's favorite times at Disney World. I definitely want to stop and see the exhibits in the Stave church. Another must-do for me and Chaq is champagne slushies in France.

Monday, May 14 - DHS
    We are stopping off at the Boardwalk in the morning to try the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast. We will meet Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel and Prince Eric. Our reservation is at 1130, so we can sleep in and have a leisurely morning. My plan is to stay until after the Star Wars fireworks. I haven't seen them yet, and I want to scope out a good place for a large group to watch them in October. Star Wars is my oldest DS' biggest obsession, so I want to make it an awesome experience for him.

Tuesday, May 15 - MK
    Breakfast at the Crystal Palace @ 0910. A tradition for my Disney World trips. I have to get my time in here now, because I gave it up during our trip in October.
    I'm excited to see the dragon in the Festival of Fantasy Parade. I'm not so excited to see Happily Ever After. Wishes was my favorite. *sigh*. Hoping we aren't too tired to see the Electrical Water Pageant.

Wednesday, May 16 - rest day
    I want to go see the Chocolate Factory Tour on I-drive. The original plans were to see the Avengers tonight at Disney Springs. They moved the release date up though, so I'm not sure what we will do. Maybe a drink at Dockside Margaritas. We have dinner reservations at Raglan Road for 1900.

Thursday, May 17 - AK
    We have reservations for breakfast at 1010 at Tusker House with the Rivers of Light dining package. My goals for this park are to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris while the animals are active, take a spin on Kali River Rapids and explore Pandora at night. I should probably watch the Avatar movie sometime before we go.

Friday, May 18 - rest day
    No plans. We will see what we feel like doing.

Saturday, May 19 - MK/fly out
    We don't fly out until 8 pm, so we are going to hit Magic Kingdom before we go. I always do this. Lunch is at Tony's Town Square at 1500. I have never eaten here before, but Chaq enjoyed it on a trip he made about a year ago.

18 days to go. I can't wait to just kick back and relax at the World.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have fun!!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a fun and relaxed trip!! Enjoy!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: