Quantcast "My Disney Experience"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy "My Disney Experience"

I have the "My Disney Experience" app on my phone from a previous WDW trip, but now when I try to access it (for an already booked trip this Nov.), it says it is not compatible with my device. Did Disney somehow tweak the app so that older phones can no longer use it? Do they have a deal with the phone manufacturers to try to entice people to buy newer models?
    I have an android device (Samsung Galaxy S4). It's an older phone but still very relevant and functional. I have tried to re-install the app, but it won't let me...again "not compatible with my device." ( I have A t & T service)
    This is very troubling. Disney pats themselves on the back for all the info available, but now it is not available, apparently, unless you have a new phone.

I would appreciate any advice or help anyone can offer.

Thank you.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an Apple phone and I had to reboot the phone before I could see my Reservations. My youngest daughter has a galaxy phone on att and had no issue last October. Her sister has a galaxy phone on sprint and no issues either. I think their phones are newer but not sure what model.

I would try to reboot the phone by turning it off and back on if you have not already tried that. You might go into the phone setting into setting to see if you have the current software.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

4. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

According to the app specifics you must be running android 5 or higher.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Lynn. What a shame that Disney would shut people out just because they have older phones. I've done the park without a phone before...I can do it again; just disappointed in Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicholsbears View Post
    Thank you Lynn. What a shame that Disney would shut people out just because they have older phones. I've done the park without a phone before...I can do it again; just disappointed in Disney.
    Unfortunately it's not only Disney. As the apps upgrade to the OS upgrades the older phones get left behind. I lost two of my favorite puzzle games because of this.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

8. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicholsbears View Post
    It's a balance of being able to provide more technology, bells and whistles to make the experience better and providing a service for the majority of it's users. I had a Galaxy S4 and loved it, but in technology years that was 5 versions ago and as many upgrades in OS. At the end of the day, Disney is a business (as much as we would like to think it is our friend) and it tries to meet the needs of the majority of it's customers the best it can. Maybe someone in your party has a newer phone and can be the designated "app person". I totally understand doing Disney without a phone, but, sadly I fear those days are long gone. Not that it can't be done, but you will just miss out on Dinning reservation and Fast pass flexibility. We frequently get day of Fast Passes for all the popular rides because of the app.
    You could look at a new phone as an investment in the camera. I have the Galaxy Note 8 and the pictures are amazing. It's so easy to carry just a phone. Either way, hoping you have an amazingly magical trip!

Patty
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Unfortunately it's not only Disney. As the apps upgrade to the OS upgrades the older phones get left behind. I lost two of my favorite puzzle games because of this.
    I HATE when this happens.

I still have an original iPad that I primarily keep because it's the only device on which I can play a few of my favorite apps.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: