Quantcast Our dining reviews:

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our dining reviews:

Just got back from a split Universal/Disney stay, so I'll do the Disney ones here:
    Quick Service:
    -Riverside Mill at POR - okay I guess. I feel like there was a lot more variety when I was there before, but that might be poor memory. I got very good, cheerful service, but my 19 year old daughter had a couple of snarly ones, including a girl that was on her phone, rolled her eyes and said "Yeah, what?" instead of "can I help you?".
    - Liberty Inn at the American pavilion in Epcot – standard burgers, tasty and filling.

Table Service:
    50's Prime Time - I've never been before - I've heard rumours of poor food quality, although I was curious about the theming. We loved it! What a blast - and such great detail in the themining. Cousin Samantha (or was it Sabrina? Darn!) was a lot of fun and just generally lovely. My daughter made a big "oops" - as she was sitting down she pushed the silverware basket out of the way not counting on the slipperiness of formica and it crashed to the floor. They were really nice about cleaning it up so they wouldn't embarrass her, but the other customers started teasing and they saw she wouldn't get upset, so they joined right in. Hubby's meatloaf was good, but the portion seemed small. DD's Beef stroganoff was apparently "meh" with way too much onion. My fried chicken was to DIE for, and the portion was huge (so I shared with DH ;-). The milkshakes were also delicious and huge (but we had boring ol’ vanilla because the PB and J doesn’t appeal to us).
    Boatwrights – did this one just because we were at POR, and it was surprisingly good. I had the Prime Rib which was really amazing. DD did a seafood plate of some sort, and I can’t remember what DH got, but again the Big Guy got something that just looked like a much smaller portion than ours! Too weird.
    Cape May Buffet – Found it a little bright and busy, but they certainly had very good food for a buffet. DH was all about the crab legs but I haven’t got the patience to fight with them, and peel and eat shrimp grosses me out, but both us girls found lots to eat. There was a nice carving station and I really liked the cod bites (basically battered fish, but REAL fish in a nice light crispy coating). The price, though, is very high (because of all that crab?). Service was good, but I fear I undertipped and still feel a bit guilty. I choked on giving her 18% since it was a buffet and she didn’t do all that much, so I gave her $20 which was still more than some of the less expensive places where the servers do a lot more. I’d be interested in hearing opinions on this, and I’m sorry if I’m a terrible person for a 13.5% tip 
    Be Our Guest – loved the atmosphere, and we were pleased to be seated quickly after initially being told it would be a 45 minute wait. I think this is the epitome of French food – very pricey, very well prepared, and pretty darn small. Lamb, pork tenderloin and braised beef all very good. We did not have dessert.
    Restaurant Marrakesh – What. A. Gong. Show. First of all we accidentally showed up an hour early, but they were nice about seating us. DD and I were hot and foot sore and really quite irritable and weren’t feeling hungry in the slightest. First off, we asked for water and DH asked for a pop (instead of wine or drinks) and the waiter’s face visibly fell. When he came back he was downright frosty when her and I both announced we’d just have an appetizer for our meal, even though DH ordered the “grand feast” or whatever it’s called. We both asked for a seafood bastilla, and he rather icily said “that’s very, very small, you know”. That got me flustered and I let him kind of bully me into the “combo appetizer for two” which turned out to be MUCH more food than I could eat, and I didn’t like anything but the salad. To me it was so dry and tasteless than I couldn’t tell the two separate dishes apart. DD stuck to her guns and had her seafood bastille which was actually pretty big. But this point we were kind of embarrassed, and therefore snarling at each other a bit, and a lot of food went to waste. The bellydancer is a cute 10 minute show. BUT Rick enjoyed his meal (and ours) very much. It just left me with a really bad feeling, especially since this had been Kiana’s pick. Service makes all the difference, moreso at Disney than anywhere else. It really affects how I feel about a place.
    Sanaa – good service, nice location (although didn’t see any animals since it was pouring down rain); not a menu I was super excited about. The naan bread service with dipping sauces was quite good, as was the Mishkaki (braised beef kebobs). The others got sandwiches, and said they were good.
    ‘Ohana – our favourite and our last night treat. A note on service – we LOVED our guy, but the people at the next table were complaining about him. The LAST time we ate here Rick didn’t get as much meat as he wanted (are you seeing a pattern?) and the waitress cleared our plates and brought the dessert before he was ready and without asking. THIS guy didn’t make us feel rushed at all, and was around to offer more frequently. The folks at the next table felt that they HAD been rushed because he brought the bill without asking if they wanted coffee. All in perception, I guess. Now – we haven’t been there for 6 years – have they changed the dessert? I remember absolutely LOVING it, but I didn’t care for it much at all this time. I found it dry. I was disappointed, but otherwise enjoyed my meal.
    Snacks:
    Nice pastries in “France”. Having finally BEEN to Paris, I see the authenticity in the beautiful display cases of pretty treats. I also did the Grey Goose slushy with cranberry juice – I think this is a little different than last time I was there, but it was good (and not as teeny-tiny as my 7 dollar, 3 ounce glass of wine from Italy)
    My favourite snack of the trip was the new dole whip upside down cake, and DD enjoyed the Dole Whip that is blended with Vanilla as she isn’t as big a fan of pineapple. Rick enjoyed a big Mickey Head pretzel in the Magic Kingdom.

Overall highlight was 50’s Prime Time (surprisingly!) low point was Marrakesh. Haven't done my final calculations, but I'm pretty sure we would NOT have saved any money with the Dining Plan, and I really did like the freedom to do what I wanted (appetizer instead of dessert, not 'counting credits', etc)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome. We are big Boatright's fans.

Glad you had a great trip.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review. We haven't been to Marrakesh in years and I wondered if it had improved. So sorry that the service was poor! Ohana was a treat for us, too. My DH asked for more shrimp but it took a long time. Maybe poor coordination between the different servers. I loved the salad there. Sounds like the freedom of no dining plan worked for you. We are definitely appetizer but not dessert people (although I am a huge bread pudding fan, lol!)
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reviews.
    And, my opinion, your $20 tip at the buffet was fine!
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: