Quantcast Barksy's Most Expensive Day Ever Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Most Expensive Day Ever Day 1

Barsky - Golden Retriever pup extraordinaire
    Christi - my human
    Aaron - my human's friend and shaman in World of Warcraft

Hello People!
    My name is Sir Barksalot, but everyone calls me Barksy for short. My human has had a lot going on but really wanted to do a trip report. I have hacked into her Intercot account to do it for her. I chose this title, because we saw many couples where one person had on a Tshirt that said "Best Day Ever" and the other's Tshirt said "Most Expensive Day Ever". My human loved the second shirt and laughed every time she saw it.

Our flight out was very early. My human brother, Kyle, picked us up and drove us to the airport. We were all very excited to see him, since he spends most of his time going to school in another town. We ate breakfast with him at the airport, and while we were eating, Aaron realized he had left some of his stuff unpacked at home. My human laughed at him, because he laughed at her for packing her stuff so early. Now he was paying for waiting until the last minute to pack. Christi made a phone call to make sure her stepdad was recuperating well enough for us to take the trip. Then we headed through security. I really hate when I have to go through the xray machine. I'm afraid I'll come out as a glowing green dog.

Christi taught Aaron how boarding on Southwest works. I'm a big dog and already knew. We like flying on Southwest. The first leg of our trip was uneventful, but we enjoyed having a great conversation with the other passenger sitting in the window seat. She lived in Phoenix like we do, but she grew up in New Orleans, where our layover was. She was on the way to visit her mother.

As we were landing, my human said "I wonder if they have beignets in the airport!". Sure enough, the first cafe we ran across when we disembarked had beignets. It also had a cashier who was diabetic, and her blood sugar was too low. Thankfully, my human is a nurse and noticed the girl acting strangely and her hands were shaking. One bottle of orange juice later, we had our beignets in hand and she was eating real food. My human went back to check on her later, and her boss was there making sure everything was ok.

We sat down to eat the beignets, and it finally hit my human that we were on our way to Disney World!. She had been so busy with her dog being sick, her stepdad having surgery and other things going on, the trip became just another thing on her checklist of stuff to do. As soon as she realized it though, she was as excited as the little boy sitting next to us with a Disney World Tshirt on.

The second leg of our journey was also uneventful. We quickly got off of the plane, took our first monorail ride to baggage claim, and my human explained Magical Express to me and Aaron. Unfortunately, we weren't using it until our trip in October. The plan had been to eat dinner at Disney Springs. We were starving when we got off of the plane though and ate at McDonald's in the terminal. Then we went to baggage claim to get our luggage. It was nowhere to be found, so my human went to the Southwest office and asked about it. The employee radioed someone and was told that it should be on the carouse, so we stood there for 15 more minutes without any sign of it. As we started to go back to the office, my human spotted her suitcase and went to get it. The female employee stated that she had been taking it to the office for us. Southwest has such great customer service.

We then found our car rental place and went through several hoops to get our car. Finally, we were off on the freeway. Oops, there's a thing called tolls in Florida that we don't have in Arizona. The gentleman at the booth was very nice, explained how to pay it later, and gave us directions to get where we were going. He assured us there weren't any more toll booths along the way.

Our GPS wound up taking us to the wrong spot, and it was getting dark. My human couldn't figure out how to turn on the headlights and accidentally popped the trunk open while we were driving down the road. We managed to make it to a safe place (a turn lane in the road that really just went into the direction of a wall), where my human figured out how to work the car. We could see the entrance to the resort from where we were and managed to make it there safely. As we entered the lobby to check-in, a guy behind us said "I see you learned how to turn your headlights on." My human laughed, blushed and explained how she even managed to pop the trunk open while trying. The guy laughed and said "I was doing the same thing right behind you." We weren't able to see him do it, because our trunk was open.

Our timeshare was gorgeous! It was almost as big as a house. Aaron put his stuff down in the first bedroom, so my human gleefully grabbed the master bedroom with the jacuzzi tub. Then we all went out to check out the balcony. The view was a little disappointing, but we could hear the crickets very well. It became a peaceful little retreat.

The plan had been to go to Disney Springs, but we were all just too tired from travelling. Also, my human wanted us to get a good night's rest for our full day at Epcot tomorrow. She wound up hopping in the jacuzzi tub with some bubble bath. The bubbles kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. Finally, she had to turn the jets off before the bubbles flooded everywhere.

The most repeated phrase of the day? "Why didn't I just stay onsite? Disney would be taking care of all of this right now."
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks faline, PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes Isabella, faline, PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Barksy! You are a talented writer! I can't wait to hear more of your perspective of the rest of the trip!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Wow, Barksy! You are a talented writer! I can't wait to hear more of your perspective of the rest of the trip!
    Why thank you Isabella! I am very excited to tell you all about it.

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice beginning to the trip - all except the popped trunk and hard to locate headlights!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report! I love how the trunk got popped open, and glad your human had issues with the rental car controls too (so it isn't just me who has those challenges). I may (or may) not have started to cry once sobbing "I just need to turn on the wipers" as the toggle eluded me in the car.

We've been thinking of staying off-site (for the first time in 13 years), so interested in that part too!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, Barksy! Tell your human she's my hero for taking care of the cashier at the beignet place :-) And may I ask a personal question, just because I'm nosy and curious? Are you a service dog? Because I see that you get to go all kinds of really cool places, and I've never seen another dog at Disney. Also because my daughter trains service dogs so it interests me ;-)

9. Thanks VWL Mom thanked for this post
    Likes VWL Mom, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great First day report! Had a good laugh over the headlights and trunk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Thanks for the report, Barksy! Tell your human she's my hero for taking care of the cashier at the beignet place :-) And may I ask a personal question, just because I'm nosy and curious? Are you a service dog? Because I see that you get to go all kinds of really cool places, and I've never seen another dog at Disney. Also because my daughter trains service dogs so it interests me ;-)
    Hello Mom2morgan,
    This is a picture of me that may answer your question.

https://disneymania2018.shutterfly.com/pictures/1204

I do get to go to a lot of really cool places with my human.

I was given to my human by her son and now daughter-in-law a few years ago for Valentine's Day. The year before that, they had given her a hamster. While she was driving back to New Mexico for her work contract, the hamster escpaed in the van. The hamster was never found, but her spirit still lingers in the van. For a while, her smell still lingered, but that has dissipated. The next Valentine's Day, her son said "We think this is a safer present for you to have." Since then, my human and I have had many adventures during her travels.

That is awesome that your daughter trains service dogs. My human has worked with them many times in the hospital and thinks that service dogs are amazing. Their training must take an incredible amount of time and patience.

12. Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL!!! Well, it's nice to really 'meet" you Barksy....I was scratching my head quite a bit wondering how that all worked. Although I'm sure there ARE service dogs in and around the restaurants and parks, I've never actually seen one. And I gotta tell you - you are definitely MY kind of dog at this point in my life ;-) As for the hamster - omg - just omg! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    LOL!!! Well, it's nice to really 'meet" you Barksy....I was scratching my head quite a bit wondering how that all worked. Although I'm sure there ARE service dogs in and around the restaurants and parks, I've never actually seen one. And I gotta tell you - you are definitely MY kind of dog at this point in my life ;-) As for the hamster - omg - just omg! lol
    There was a service dog at the table next to us during our Bon Voyage Breakfast. A true service dog - well behaved and doing its job. I wanted to play with him, but my human said service dogs can't play while they are working. I'm glad I don't have to work on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    There was a service dog at the table next to us during our Bon Voyage Breakfast. A true service dog - well behaved and doing its job. I wanted to play with him, but my human said service dogs can't play while they are working. I'm glad I don't have to work on vacation.
    You do see patients right? 10 volumes of Disney here
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    You do see patients right? 10 volumes of Disney here
    Define "patients". :P Are you sure it isn't 50 Shades of Disney?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Define "patients". :P Are you sure it isn't 50 Shades of Disney?
    Ok Mrs. Incredible.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    Excellent report! I love how the trunk got popped open, and glad your human had issues with the rental car controls too (so it isn't just me who has those challenges). I may (or may) not have started to cry once sobbing "I just need to turn on the wipers" as the toggle eluded me in the car.

We've been thinking of staying off-site (for the first time in 13 years), so interested in that part too!
    I had the same thought "I just need to turn on the lights".

Post Thanks / Like

Barksy, you will need to remind your human that there is a reason they call it Magical Express!! And that staying on property saves so much of the agony of trying to drive in Florida!! LOL

Thank you for the great reporting!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

20. Likes Cinderelley liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: