Quantcast Disney World with Active & Curious 7-year-old Boy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney World with Active & Curious 7-year-old Boy

I'm accompanying my niece and her family to WDW in December. I've only gone before with girls (I have only daughters )!

She's asking me to help plan, and I was wondering if any of you have recommendations of things that BOYS in particular like, especially a 7-year-old who loves to learn facts and details, loves to run and play, loves roller coasters, loves interacting with adults -- an only child who's got the brains to match the attention.

Thanks!

P.S. We're staying at the Swan and the only thing on the agenda so far is MVMCP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the Wilderness Explorer's thing at Animal Kingdom Park would be great for him. Rafiki's Planet Watch and the veterinary hospital back there would probably be of interest as well.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

He would probably enjoy the Sorcerers of the Kingdom in Magic Kingdom. You can get the cards and directions at the fire station in MK

Post Thanks / Like

If going to Seaworld, need to do the feed the stingray tank.. Costs a few bucks, but not too bad.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Little Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Inventor'sDaughter View Post
    I'm accompanying my niece and her family to WDW in December. I've only gone before with girls (I have only daughters )!

She's asking me to help plan, and I was wondering if any of you have recommendations of things that BOYS in particular like, especially a 7-year-old who loves to learn facts and details, loves to run and play, loves roller coasters, loves interacting with adults -- an only child who's got the brains to match the attention.

Thanks!

P.S. We're staying at the Swan and the only thing on the agenda so far is MVMCP!
    Your Nephew will love the boardwalk but, even more, he will love learning about other countries in Epcot (which you can walk to from the Swan). But, most of all, he will love Test Track. And Soarin'... and probably the Land and the Seas... and probably Space... Make sure to take him on Spaceship Earth.

Post Thanks / Like

They have the Pirate's League for boys if you think he would like to dress up as a pirate.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Having been through Disney with 2 very similar-sounding boys, my recommendation would be simpler. Work as much of the trip around him as possible, and enjoy the park through his eyes. It can be an awesome experience.

If he likes water, don't hesitate to take a few hours in the afternoon and go back to the resort pool.... Look to experience the various forms of transportation, which can be exciting to kids! You might be able to get in a bus ride, train, monorail, boat, and maybe a tram - if he might enjoy those. If the opportunity presents itself, ask a cast member to sit in the front of the monorail - that's not always an option, but it never hurts to ask.

If he likes characters, take some time and have him visit with them - maybe have an autograph book for him. Perhaps if you have some time, walk from the Swan over the Fantasia Mini-golf and have some fun there. The options are limitless. But listen to what he might enjoy, and focus on quality, not quantity! Have a great trip. Oh yea - take a million pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

On two trips (when my son was 5 and 7), he LOVED spending time doing the activities after Spaceship Earth and Journey to Imagination. At the end of each ride there are lots of hands on displays for him to explore and play with.

Also, doing the passport around World Showcase was a blast. He enjoyed taking with the cast members at each country as they signed and stamped his passport. You can purchase the passport set at almost any gift shop in Epcot, make your own, or even get something similar off of Etsy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you all have amazing ideas! I forgot about the Pirates thing - my daughters did that when they were little and loved it. I bet Mason would too. And all the interactive activities and ideas about Epcot were things I didn't even think about until now (and most of them, I didn't even know about!)

Thanks so much for your advice and if you think of anything else, please post more ideas!!

Post Thanks / Like

An evening in Fort Wilderness might be fun for him. The stables are open for people to walk through and they also have wagon rides around the grounds which are fun. There is a charge for the wagon ride, but it’s not too much. We did this one evening after dinner at Trails End and had a good time. The CM was very talkative and told us about his background and all that is involved taking care of the horses.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

There's the Phineas and Ferb Agent P's World Showcase Adventure at Epcot. Also the Jedi Training School at HS. Adorable! And I second the suggestions already mentioned: Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial and Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom game. All of those are fun and interactive.
    Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN
    2018 - Fall trip - in the planning process!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am late to respond so I apologize. I have 3 sons, our youngest sounds similar to your nephew. I'd come home and find the vacuum cleaner in 100 pieces and he'd put it back together after figuring out how it worked. He's now an electrical engineering major, just so you have some background. With that all said when we'd go to Disney it was always the one place he actually acted like all other little kids. He would pay more attention to every part of each ride and discuss with his dad his thoughts on how he thought Disney got them to work. My suggestion would be to not plan too much and see what he's drawn to. Have a blast, I'm sure you'll love seeing Disney through the eyes of a boy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: