Quantcast Child swap

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Child swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Child swap

I think I remember reading on here that Disney is modifying their child swap policy. Can anyone tell me how it currently works with fastpass and child swap. Does the entire party need a fast pass reservation when doing child swap, or is it only the first group to go through the line - then the second part of the group uses child swap, not fastpasses, to go through the line (as it used to be)?

Thanks!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that the process will be all digital by the end of this month so I would guess the rider swap information would be accessed via your band or card.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I read a few reports of people who have used the new digital rider swap. There was a ton of info but what stood out and what I can recall reading was that at some rides (if I am not mistaken it was FOP and mine train for sure - perhaps a few more of the more popular rides) was that the time given for the second group to ride was based on if the second group had FP or not. If the second group had FP the window opened for the second group to ride based on the current FP estimated wait time. If the second group didn't have FP their window of time opened up based on the current standby line. I think something was mentioned about the swap return time is either the current FP wait time minus 10 minites, or the current standby wait time minus 10 minites. The one hour window for rider swap is scanned to your MDE account and is much like a FP with a return time and a one hour window.

How accurate is all this info? I have no idea. It was just one of the statements that I found interesting. But I must add that there seemed to be a lot of inconsistency on the CMs part. Like anything else new it will take some time to get all the kinks out. I can certainly understand them doing something like this at FOP tho.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: