Quantcast Disney Early Morning Magic Expands to Disney's Hollywood Studios

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Disney Early Morning Magic Expands to Disney's Hollywood Studios

A Separately Ticketed Magic Kingdom event is being expanded to Disney's Hollywood Studios:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Since Disney Early Morning Magic launched at Magic Kingdom Park in 2016, guests have told us they enjoy this special event giving them early access to select attractions. As a result, we are expanding this offering to Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios beginning Sept. 17.

Available on select mornings before the park opens, Disney Early Morning Magic offers exclusive, limited-time access to Toy Story Land, including Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Mania!, plus character greetings with Woody, Jessie and Buzz Lightyear. The experience also includes a continental buffet, featuring yogurt, fruit, pastries, and assorted cereal as well as your choice of a tasty main dish like avocado toast or fried chicken and cronut with maple glaze.

Disney Early Morning Magic will take place on select Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. Breakfast will be available until 10 a.m. The experience costs $79 plus tax for adult (age 10+) and $69 plus tax for children ages 3-9, and valid theme park admission is required
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved the extra magic morning at MK, but is it really needed for Toy Story Land?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I loved the extra magic morning at MK, but is it really needed for Toy Story Land?
    Did you pay as much for MK as this offering is for just Toy Story Land?
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Is this really just a continental breakfast? That is horrible. Hotels give you the same stuff for free at hotels.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Two things and a (nasty) comment (or two):

1) Another money grab for the mouse
    2) There will be people who actually spend this kind of $$$ for 1 1/2 hours in TSL?!?!?!?!?!!

Comment:

How long is this going to go on? Will they soon give up on regular MYW passes completely and go to a 'pay by the hour' format? Get a ticket when you go in, or rather, have them log the time/date stamp when you scan you MB+ on entry, and have to scan again to leave. At which point you are charges $50 per hour, or portion thereof. (This would be on an equivalent basis with this Early Morning Magic cost....)

This cost almost makes the MNSSHP and MVMCP seem cheap!!!!!

I still love visiting the parks, but it is getting a bit 'old' to see every new thing have a price tag attached.

Sorry for the rant!!! I'll step off my soapbox now!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

7. Likes CanadianWDWFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Testing the waters to see how much people are willing to pay to try out new attractions?
    Precursor to hard ticketing early/late entry to SW:GE when it opens?
    Those are my guesses at this point.
    I can't imagine paying that much for 3 rides (one which has been around for a while) and some pastries.

I'm actually surprised they haven't done/tried this for Pandora.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems more that they're playing with the idea of charging for extra magic hours.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Testing the waters to see how much people are willing to pay to try out new attractions?
    Precursor to hard ticketing early/late entry to SW:GE when it opens?
    Those are my guesses at this point.
    I can't imagine paying that much for 3 rides (one which has been around for a while) and some pastries.

I'm actually surprised they haven't done/tried this for Pandora.
    Technically, they already have done it for Pandora. I don't know if it's still available or not, but they were selling AKL "VIP" passes (seems to me it was much more expensive than $79, maybe $225+) - it included special access to FOP, Navi, ROL, and I think some of the other attractions like EE and Dinosaur. Not exactly the same, but it was a way for people to "buy" their way onto FOP at a time when the lines were (are?) so long and FP+ is so difficult to get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

2) There will be people who actually spend this kind of $$$ for 1 1/2 hours in TSL?!?!?!?!?!!

Comment:

How long is this going to go on? Will they soon give up on regular MYW passes completely and go to a 'pay by the hour' format? Get a ticket when you go in, or rather, have them log the time/date stamp when you scan you MB+ on entry, and have to scan again to leave. At which point you are charges $50 per hour, or portion thereof. (This would be on an equivalent basis with this Early Morning Magic cost....)

I still love visiting the parks, but it is getting a bit 'old' to see every new thing have a price tag attached.

This Disney money grab is getting to be a bit much IMHO.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

What annoys me is that these events take hours away from regular park ticket times. So unless you have a park hopper, not a good idea to go to MK on a day when they are having Halloween/Christmas parties because your day will end at 7 o’clock. I imagine the same will be true with the Studios. Your day will start later. And at a dollar a minute you wouldn’t want to stop at for that cup of coffee.

Post Thanks / Like

At which point you are charges $50 per hour, or portion thereof. (This would be on an equivalent basis with this Early Morning Magic cost....)
    Hmm, I never really thought about it this way. Thanks for that different point of view.

If they tweaked it a little - you got to ride the rides for 1.5 hours, then had a sit down character breakfast with Buzz, Woody and Jessie (with actual food, not continental) - I would think it was worth it.

Now, I'm going to have to go figure out how much an hour it is when you buy a park ticket . . .
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Comment:

I think they would go back to the A-E ticket books before they started charging per hour. I can see it now they would sell it as a discount on park tickets only $50 to get in, but it will be $75 for the ticket book. Each book will have 2 E tickets, 2 D tickets, 2 C tickets 2 B tickets and 2 A tickets. If you want more tickets you can purchase them starting at $5 for an A ticket and $10 for an E ticket.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

15. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pricing based on demand at that time. The more crowded the park gets, the more expensive it is to just get in. The longer a line gets for any particular attraction, the more expensive those ride tickets become. Part of me would like to see that, because only then could we really find out what people are willing to pay for. So much of the 'demand' is smoke and mirrors right now, with better pricing for longer stays, and people ending up at parks in attractions that they might never otherwise care for if it was not already baked in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Did you pay as much for MK as this offering is for just Toy Story Land?
    I'd have to double-check, but yes, I'm pretty sure the price was the same. In the MK just a few Fantasy Land rides are open, but with a kid who will ride PP 10 times, it is worth it to us.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

18. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DNS View Post
    What annoys me is that these events take hours away from regular park ticket times. So unless you have a park hopper, not a good idea to go to MK on a day when they are having Halloween/Christmas parties because your day will end at 7 o’clock.
    Actually this year MK closes at 6PM on party nights. I was a bit surprised by that Friday since I hadn't read that before (or forgot if I did). MK was pretty empty until 2P when DVC members can enter with party tickets.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: