Quantcast Storybook Dining Character Meal: Updated 10/4--Reservations Open & Menu Revealed

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Storybook Dining Character Meal: Updated 10/4--Reservations Open & Menu Revealed

10/4/18

Reservations are now open for Storybook Dining at Artist Point and the new menu has been revealed:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts
    Starting this December, Storybook Dining at Artist Point invites you to venture into a magical forest-like setting inspired by Walt Disney’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”

Brought to life through rustic décor and iconic music, we’ve brought this beloved fairytale to life. During this immersive character dining experience, you’ll be visited by Snow White and a few of her forest-dwelling friends. You might even have an evil encounter with the Queen!

In addition to fun characters, tempt your taste buds with a seasonal themed menu that combines classic dishes with playful presentation. You’ll begin your story with an array of delicious shared appetizers: Hunter’s Pie with chicken, black truffle, and stone fruit preserve; Winter Squash Bisque with caramel loli and granola served in an adorable black cauldron; Wicked Shrimp Cocktail with soy, miso, avocado, thai chili, and greens; and From the Garden, an array of fruits, vegetables, cheese, and create-your-own honey butter.

Name:  iyeoeyu8723.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  36.5 KB

For the main entrées, you’ll enjoy your choice of one of the many unique dishes such as the Royal Prime Rib Roast with horseradish mashed potato, hay-smoked carrots, popover, and jus as well as Magic Mirror Slow Braised Veal Shank with mashed celery root, wilted winter greens, and jus. Or if seafood is more your style, try the Seafood Stew with shrimp, bay scallops, mussels, tomato, and fennel.

Name:  iyeoeyu8725.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  34.0 KB

Kids can enjoy Grumpy’s Grub. This includes the same appetizers and desserts as the main menu and their choice of entrée. Kid’s entrées include the Princess Pasta (with your choice of red sauce or cheese sauce), the Vegetarian Steam Bun (with crip shiitake, hoisin, pickles, and cilantro), Royal Prime Rib Roast, and Grilled Chicken (both served with roasted potatoes and broccolini).

Name:  iyeoeyu8726.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  62.2 KB

Give your story a sweet ending with an array of shared desserts for the table. Sing “Heigh Ho” as you discover The Miner’s Treasure made up of sponge cake, chocolate gems, and buttercream icing or enjoy the enchanted flavors of the Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie with meringue. You can even try a “Poison” Apple made of white chocolate apple mousse with a sour center. But if you’re trying to impress, The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen is just the thing with crackled maple popcorn and ganache hearts.

Name:  iyeoeyu8721bbb.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  44.2 KB

If you’re feeling a little thirsty while you’re eating, try some of the wickedly refreshing cocktails and non-alcoholic mocktails we’ve brewed up just for you! For the adults, sip on the Enchanted Apple with citrus vodka, sour apple, and white cranberry juice or summon The Smoking Mirror with scotch, wildberry, lime, and rosemary smoke. If you’re feeling particularly evil, you’ll love the Evil to the Core with silver tequila, habanero, blackberry and orange juice. A variety of beers are also available along with a selection of highly-rated wines from Oregon and Washington State.

Name:  iyeoeyu8727.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  28.5 KB

Non-alcoholic options for the little miners out there include the Transformation Potion with sparkling lemonade and the Stone Fruit and Berry Breeze with herbal tea infusion.

Snow White has invited all of her new friends to this magical character dining experience, and she’s inviting you too! So make a journey to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge to experience Storybook Dining at Artist Point starting December 16, 2018. Pricing is $55 for adults and $33 for children ages 3-9 (tax and gratuity not included). Each guest will receive one of each appetizer, their choice of entrée, and one of each dessert as well as their choice of non-alcoholic fountain beverage (alcoholic and non-alcoholic specialty beverages are not included). All menu items are subject to change.

8/30/18

Disney's Wilderness Lodge resort has announced a new Character Meal:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Storybook Dining at Artist Point will invite guests to venture into an Enchanted Forest-like setting inspired by Walt Disney’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” There, you’ll enjoy a delicious meal of fantastic fare with visits from Snow White, Dopey and Grumpy. Delightful music and activities will help bring the classic fairytale to life, and you’ll even have an opportunity for an encounter with The Queen.

This immersive character dinner takes place amidst the rustic elegance and exceptional dining that Artist Point is known for. You’ll enjoy a uniquely themed prix fixe menu, including shared starters, a choice of individual plated entrees and ‘sweet spells’ to finish the meal.

Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White is slated to begin this winter.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so disappointed with this, we've enjoyed dinner at AP since the resorts opening. While change is sometimes needed another overpriced character meal is not.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

4. Likes BriarRose0708 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lynn, I agree with you. This has been floating around our the for several months and I'd been to hope it would but actually happen. Artist Point isn't a place we go to much - living in Oregon, both the cuisine and style are common in my neck of the woods, but I see no need for yet another character meal. Especially one that replaces a Signature Restaurant.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Very disappointed. We don't go nearly as much as some of the other members of Intercot, but this was a family favorite. In fact, we celebrated my son's third birthday here. It is possible for younger guests to enjoy the Signature Dining experiences and not be disruptive. I'm sorry to see a Signature Restaurant being replaced. I wish that if they HAD done this, they would have only done it for breakfast.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not happy with this either..AP was one of my favs. I enjoyed the buffalo, the salmon and esp the mushroom soup. there are plenty of places for character meals, but I guess they figure not enough people went to AP. look at what happened w AKershus..it used to be great, then the princesses invaded..i dont have anything against the princesses at all and I dont blame them. but the food used to be great at Akershus with both a Koldbort cold buffet and a hot buffet. I ate there once after the change and the hot entree was small and not as good..
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We've never eaten at AP so I can't say I'm disappointed (but I feel for those who loved it)!!! I was looking at pictures of the food and the "prime rib" looks less than an inch thick. For $55, I'm up in the air as that is the only thing on the menu I or my kids would eat. Is this place going to be worth it....I guess I'll wait and see what the reviews say.

Post Thanks / Like

Artist Point was a favorite. Not happy with this. I'm so tired of Disney shoving character meals/interaction down our throats.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I will say that i respectifully disagree.
    I was never thrilled w/ AP. I had heard so much about it, and when we went, we all agreed it was good, but not great. I am very excited to experience the snow white dining when we go in January.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I'm so tired of Disney shoving character meals/interaction down our throats.
    It is Disney World!!!! Isn't that what we go there for? We like the character meals/interaction. I would try the new AP if they had better choices on the menu or if they made it a buffet.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: