Quantcast Excuses for not planning Disney trips

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Excuses for not planning Disney trips

Just for giggles I looked for rants about why people hate WDW and/or won’t take their kids to WDW. I learned quite a bit.

Many use the reason that they’d prefer their kids experience the “actual” world instead of WDW, however in the same sentence they admit they can’t afford it or have never traveled outside of the country themselves.

Another stated they want their kids to learn about other cultures, however I’m willing to bet that given the opportunity to attend an opera or the latest Dead Pool movie I’m betting the parent would choose the latter.

Another said they didn’t want to spoil their kids and make them think such a great time would be the pinnacle of their childhood. I can’t even start to address that type of thinking...limiting happiness to decrease life expectations.

Finally the number one reason by FAR that parents don’t take their kids to WDW is because they don’t like being with their children. Those are my words and they sound harsh, but when you say you wouldn’t be able to stand sleeping in a hotel room with them, aren’t willing to ride kid-themed rides with them, and would rather get a tooth canal than watch a parade with them, then I don’t feel bad stating that you don’t like being with your kids. If you disagree but spend time with them only doing things you can tolerate then I feel sorry for your child.

I’m sad now.
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Sad.
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Take heart. We know the goodness of WDW for kids AND adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have to disagree with your perceptions - although I realize they may be 100% correct for some people. When my ex and I were together while the kids were young, we wouldn't share a hotel room, because we enjoyed adult activities that the kids shouldn't be around.

I don't enjoy parades, but that doesn't mean I don't want to do something else with my children that they would like. Becoming a parent doesn't mean you suddenly have to do something that you hate. There are plenty of things in the world that would make both a parent and a child happy. It doesn't have to be one-sided.

Yes, I would ride kid-themed rides with them, but we had a lot of fun adventures outside of Disney World when my kids were young. We went to New York and saw the Statue of Liberty, Chinatown, etc. We visited Carlsbad Caverns amongst other things in Texas. We went to Pennsylvania and saw the sights. We've been to California numerous times and have done plenty of things other than Disneyland. Took an Alaskan cruise. Spent time in Canada. Lots of other things. There's a whole big world out there that I wanted to expose them to, even though it was only a tiny part of it that we got to see.
    I just don't think not wanting to take your kids to Disney doesn't mean you don't enjoy them. I also don't think that kids only enjoy "kid-themed" stuff. Now that they are grown, my kids actually talk about memories of other trips more than they talk about Disney.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post

Another stated they want their kids to learn about other cultures,
    Funny, I have discovered one of the best ways to learn about other cultures is to talk to the cast members in Epcot. Most of them or genuinely excited to share their culture with guest.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: