Quantcast Pre-trip report for October- Entire family adventure

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-trip report for October- Entire family adventure

Looking forward to my oldest daughter returning to WDW for first trip in 12 years with us! She used to go every year but once she got into high school decided Disney was not her thing and skipped our annual family trips. Her high school activities and friends were more important.

Scheduled this trip a little earlier because December is normally not a good time to get off work for them and wanted to take advantage of my last trip with my annual pass which expires in November. Hoping for good weather since October has not been kind to us past trips to WDW. Hurricanes and rain stay away please!

Both of our adult daughters and my husband and I will be at Shades of Green for 7 nights. The girls wanted water park add ons so they can spend time at Blizzard Beach and Typoon Lagoon. Our normal December trips one of those parks are normally closed but this time they can check them both out. Plus the pools at Shades of Green so I expect they won’t be at parks until later in day most of the time. They like to sleep late so not expecting too many early morning outings with them.

Looking forward to going to Be Our Guest with oldest and Tiffins. I think she will enjoy the Pandora addition at AK. Will check out the Toy Story area at studios but don’t expect that to be a big deal for her.

Also have a seating for the afternoon tea at GF with the girls. My husband will be on his own for a few hours. We have gone to teas in Chicago, NYC and Philly and I can’t wait to take them to Grand Floridian. My youngest Stephanie and I have been once and really enjoyed.

Shopping at Epcot will be a highlight. I am looking forward to the concerts but I don’t think I will use AP for seating- will just check out show from outside the seating area.

I would love to go to a Halloween party at MK since I adore the Hocus Pocus show and all the fun stuff but rest of family is lukewarm about that activity so probably save the money for other activities.

The girls and my husband want to do the living with the land tour the green house tour but I will skip that one. Have done it before and don’t feel the need to go again.

The other dining planned is Kona for breakfast (and an Intercot meet for my husband and myself!), Chef Art Smith at Disney Springs, Via Napoli at Epcot, new counter service at Toy Story area studios and some favorite counter service like Flametree at AK and Poly ( love the Hawaiian pulled pork sandwich). Grab Dole whip a few times and snacking at Epcot. We have stayed at Shades of Green several times and have never eaten there. I hear the food is good so might dine there one evening.

Looking forward to some family time with the two girls. Miss our WDW days with the four of us and grandma.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2. Likes eam, PopPhan, missymouseworld liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be nice to see you and the hubby at Kona.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

We won't have to 'get lucky' and just happen to be on the same bus to MK this time!!! LOL It will be nice to meet your husband!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

How nice that you get the entire family together for this trip!! Enjoy!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

7. Likes missymouseworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll look forward to your Shades of Green info, hubby and I are booked there for two nights in Jan (my first time staying there since it was The Disney Inn.)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at Shades of Green the last 4 years. We don’t spend a lot of time at the resort. We walk over to Poly and use the transportation over there most of the time. Have never eaten there or used the pools. I love the location, the rooms are great for the price. It has a very nice main lobby area. Another couple came with us last December and liked their room. Hopefully, you will enjoy your stay also!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: