Quantcast Stressed out now

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stressed out now

Everything was going beautifully. . . then they lost my daughter in law. She isn't on any of our fastpasses. When I tried to add her, they said she doesn't have a ticket and it indicates I should send her an invitation to connect on MDE even though she and I have been connected for several months. Of course, their help line is closed right now. Ugh!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a deep breathe and wait for IT to open. I lost one of mine a couple weeks back and they fixed it all up. It is an ongoing problem (it appears) and really needs to be addressed. As I asked the CM I had, what happens if this all disappears while we are there? I recommend taking a screen shot of your FP, we couldn't pull our up a few times on the app in Aug.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'm trying to stay calm. It's just that we are only two days away, and I'm afraid I won't be able to put her back in our fastpass group due to them all being taken.

Post Thanks / Like

Their IT dept must be really slow too.... my FP 60 day was last week and I just received my email that it is time to make my FP for my trip. Really? I just laugh...what else can you do.

The screenshot is a good idea though.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh I am sorry about that! My app was on the fritz and ALL my plans disappeared, but my tickets were still there. I went to the website and logged in to MDE - everything was there. I uninstalled and then re-installed the MDE app, signed in again, and all was right again. They will fix it. Tuesdays seem to be the most frequent day for app and MDE issues, so I don't open the app at all on a Tuesday!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds familiar. We have had similar issues on every trip we have had since they started FP+. Fastpasses have disappeared, members of our family have disappeared, tickets disappeared, and the big one was when the prioritization of our tickets messed up and it was using the wrong tickets when we entered parks. It took forever to get that one straightened out. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with IT and at guest services. It is frustrating and I hate that you are having to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Thanks. I'm trying to stay calm. It's just that we are only two days away, and I'm afraid I won't be able to put her back in our fastpass group due to them all being taken.
    Hopefully it's all straightened out now. Always keep in mind that they have the ability to check FP history. If something disappears due to an error on their part, they will replace it. Went through this with 7DMT.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all is worked out now!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

You can always go to guest relations and explain what happened and the will add her to all your fast passes. We had to do this with my mother in law during our April trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    Their IT dept must be really slow too.... my FP 60 day was last week and I just received my email that it is time to make my FP for my trip. Really? I just laugh...what else can you do.

The screenshot is a good idea though.
    I got that e-mail today as well and mine were done on the 17th.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Hopefully it's all straightened out now. Always keep in mind that they have the ability to check FP history. If something disappears due to an error on their part, they will replace it. Went through this with 7DMT.
    That is good to know. I was worried that something would disappear again and we wouldn't be able to get it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just got done fixing it. At least 30 mins on the phone and another 20 spent adding her back to our fastpasses and trying to make times work again. At least it is all set now.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry you had to deal with that! Even if they will fix it, there's still the time you personally have to devote to getting it fixed, not to mention the stress. And if it happened on vacation? Could you imagine having to use park time to deal with it? I would be livid.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good friend who was on my Disney experience for a long time so we could do fast passes together - (we are local). My Disney Experience just dropped her one day. I gave up after that. I truly no longer schedule fast passes anymore - we just go and enjoy rides that don't have long lines anymore. "IT" was NOT helpful in getting her back on by the way - even with emails and invites and everything else.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    I have a good friend who was on my Disney experience for a long time so we could do fast passes together - (we are local). My Disney Experience just dropped her one day. I gave up after that. I truly no longer schedule fast passes anymore - we just go and enjoy rides that don't have long lines anymore. "IT" was NOT helpful in getting her back on by the way - even with emails and invites and everything else.
    Remember what a pain it was to link our plans last year? Disney needs to just admit their in-house development is sorely lacking and contract out people who actually know what they are doing!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    And if it happened on vacation? Could you imagine having to use park time to deal with it? I would be livid.
    I don't have to imagine that scenario. It happened to us not once, not twice but THREE times since FP+ and all that was introduced. The first time it was our hotel reservation disappeared and when they fixed that, our fastpasses disappeared. The next trip our fastpasses went all crazy and we had to get that fixed. The last time it was our tickets that the prioritization got messed up and it used some non-expiring tickets we still have that we are saving. It took forever to get that one fixed and they had to call a supervisor to help. After they fixed it, the supervisor had the nerve to give me a short lecture on how it was my duty to make sure my tickets are prioritized right and they gave me my days back on my non-expiring and took them off the others "as a courtesy" this one time. My wife saw the rage building and luckily got me out of there real quick. Had she not, there is a real good chance I would be banned from WDW now because I was about to completely lose it. How am I supposed to ensure that tickets are prioritized correctly if there is no way to see let alone set prioritization in MDE or the App? Only cast members can access, view and set prioritization and they are the ones or their junk system messed it up. I will just stop now, just talking about it still gets me so mad I can hardly see straight.

I emailed guest relations when we got back and told them all about it. I selected the option that I did not want to be contacted (because I was still way too mad to discuss it.) They still emailed me back and said although I selected I did not want to be contacted, they would like permission to call and discuss it with me. They probably would have given us something for our trouble but that is not why I emailed them. I didn't want anything, I just wanted them to know that their system is garbage and it is ticking guests off to no end and they had a supervisor who came close to sending me over the edge with his smart aleck comments. I never emailed them back to give them permission to call because they didn't realize that they really did not want to speak with me about it and they still would not want to and it has been over a year since that happened. After all this time, I still would not make it 20 seconds into the conversation without losing control of my cuss word filter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Well, I just got done fixing it. At least 30 mins on the phone and another 20 spent adding her back to our fastpasses and trying to make times work again. At least it is all set now.
    Hence why the disney experience is not only better w/ alcohol, it requires it... Both before, during, and possibly recovering, from the mission, err trip.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

19. Likes deedee73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Remember what a pain it was to link our plans last year? Disney needs to just admit their in-house development is sorely lacking and contract out people who actually know what they are doing!
    They certainly get what they pay for.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Oh my gosh yes! For me, the least amount of time I can open and use MY Disney Experience, the better
    !
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

1DisneyNut - oh wow!! I am so sorry you went through that. I completely understand why it still makes you angry. It would be very difficult to find your polite words after things went catastrophically wrong with their system, and you were admonished for it! That's awful.
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: