Quantcast Sudden Separation Anxiety

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sudden Separation Anxiety

I am at under 36 hours before my next trip, and while my son and I are going over what we are taking to the parks I was suddenly overwhelmed by something...

My son is currently into GoPro'ing, and I am determined to actually use my video camera for the first time since our 2010 trip. Ever since we had kids we have always carried an overstuffed backpack of ponchos, chargers, gum, pennies and quarters for pressed penny machines, Tylenol, sunblock, straws for our Animal Kingdom days, and the kitchen sink (and now a video camera and a GoPro on top of everything else). I am the one who is an over packer and I am the one who carries the backpack, so tonight as I was trying to work the stuff into the backpack like a jigsaw I stopped cold and was consumed with intense anxiety after something popped into my head...

This is our first trip where both of our kids are beyond the legal limit for strollers, strollers which I have for 10 years grown accustomed to being there to hold my backpack when on rides! Prior to this trip we have clung to getting a stroller well past the point where we got funny looks, but we just didn't care. We loved the storage and we loved having somewhere for at least one kid to get off his feet when nerves were getting frayed.

I am very concerned about what we are going to do, there is no way this backpack will stuff into the retaining bags of rides like my beloved RnRc! I am seriously considering borrowing my SILs umbrella stroller just to push my backpack (and wife's small cooler) around!

I mostly just wanted to share my humorous story, but if anyone has any suggestions I will gladly accept those too!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt that way going on our first trip with no children in a stroller, then I realized how nice it was not to have to worry about finding the **Censored** stroller everytime we got off a ride. As for RnR, put the bag on the floor of the coaster and stick you leg through the strap. It will be fine, I have done it dozens of times. Actually the only attractions I would worry about a back pack on, are Kali River Rapids, and Splash Mountain. With those you need to worry if you have something that can not get wet (like a camera), otherwise you should be ok.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

All we use is one small drawstring sportspack and the only things we take are ponchos (but I watch the weather and only take if needed), one charging cord and a little wallet for my credit card and a small amount of cash. After a while I realized I didn't use more than half the stuff I was lugging around.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember having that same dilemma! We ended up really paring down. DH usually wears cargo shorts with lots of pockets and I carry a really small crossbody purse. We bring only travel sized sunscreen, just enough change for a couple of pressed pennies and a few ones in case we want more. My phone is our camera and video camera, so that doesn't take up much room. I bring a few small personal things, like lip balm. And that's it! Honestly, if we need ponchos, more sunscreen than we have or Tylenol, we just buy it - and we almost never need to buy those things. The small amount we may spend is totally worth it to be as hands free as possible.
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: