Quantcast What Is This Planning You Speak Of? Day 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Is This Planning You Speak Of? Day 1

This story actually started the day before yesterday. I called and confirmed my housing and let them know I would arrive late. The lady who answered the phone said “no problem. We are open 24 hours a day.” I then went to the hair salon to get my hair dyed red. After that, my son and I went to buy a new vehicle. I was starving by the time all of that was done, so we stopped at a restaurant for dinner. I went into the bathroom and noticed that my hair was orange. After a frantic phone call, I had an appointment for yesterday at noon to fix my hair.
    Yesterday I woke up and hopped in the shower to get ready for my hair appointment. Then I slipped and fell - Landing on my right elbow. I wasn’t about to miss my hair appointment though, so I soldiered through. It hurt a lot to use my right arm though, so my daughter drove me. My hair was fixed, so I headed to urgent care. No break. Just soft tissue damage. Yay! I did some packing and went to sleep.
    My daughter was supposed to drive me to the airport today, but she got called into work early. She requested an Uber for me. As I was being driven to the airport, my oldest son texted me and asked if I had left yet. It turned out that he was down from Prescott and came to meet me at the airport for lunch before I left.
    It was a good thing he was there. I was having trouble juggling my stuff. The Southwest staff was amazing at helping me with my checked baggage. They gave him a pass through security to help me. Somewhere along the way, he figured out that I couldn’t do this on my own. He was especially concerned with how I would be able to drive with my right arm in a sling. I boarded with pre-boarding and he bought a ticket from the guy at the gate. He came strolling in with the last of the people boarding. I was happy to see him. I had secretly been wondering how I was going to manage.
    The flight was uneventful. We got upgraded from an intermediate car at Alamo to a Ford F-150. That is what DS drives at home, so he was happy.
    We arrived at the timeshare, and the check in office was locked. We spent 20 mins looking around and trying to call. Finally, the front guy unlocked the door and apologized. He had been in the bathroom.
    It was an interesting day. My son’s wife is at the airport boarding a plane to join us. Should be fun tomorrow
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Likes Donald liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I hope your arm feels better soon. It sounds like you have some amazing children!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

So, I will be able to find you by the sling on your right arm!! LOL

So sorry that you had to start the trip on a rough note. Hopefully, the pain and swelling will go down quickly and you will be able to enjoy the entire trip.

Leaving very shortly, myself, for the airport. See you soon! If not before, tomorrow morning at Kona Cafe.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

That is quite the beginning to your trip!!! (And not just your trip in the shower!!)
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    That is quite the beginning to your trip!!! (And not just your trip in the shower!!)
    Lol. This gave me a good laugh.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: