Quantcast Our “oh la la” French dining week during the Food and Wine Festival

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our “oh la la” French dining week during the Food and Wine Festival

Booking a trip during the Food and Wine Festival sounded like a fun dining experience. But I wasn’t expecting the heat and humidity this late in October! We seem to have experienced a lot of French dining and the girls have discovered they love champagne. It is a different dining experience with 4 adults - our girls are 24 and 29 and this is our first trip with them both being of legal age.

We went to the Grand Floridian tea one afternoon and enjoyed it a lot. I told my husband he wasn’t invited lol. He doesn’t like hot tea and that is one activity as adults my daughters and I enjoy. We have been to several teas over the years, starting out with the American Girl experience in Chicago when they were younger to the Plaza in NYC which has been our favorite. If you have a free afternoon the tea at the Grand Floridian is a lovely break in the day.

Be Our Guest was a great evening meal we all enjoyed. We were seated in the main ball room and had a perfect view of the Beast greeting and I was facing the “window” and was able to watch the snow fall during our magical evening. We had the steak, pork, and a vegetarian tortellini dish. French onion soup and escargot and an assorted cheese platter. The desserts are 3 different servings placed on a plate with a beautiful Beauty and the Beast stained glass design made of paper thin fondant. There was a raspberry macaroon, a chocolate truffle and a miniature white chocolate Chip filled with the grey stuff. Beautiful presentation.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our other dining has included a nice evening at Rose and Crown with a great viewing of Illuminations. We got an assorted cheese plate to share and fish and chips for the main course. Flame Tree, Kona, Crystal Palace for breakfast,the food court at the Poly, Columbia Harbour House, counter service at Pandora in Animal Kingdom, have all been good. Dole whips, popcorn. Today is our last day and we are eating in France for diner. That is one sit down we haven’t tryed before and we are looking forward to it!

One morning we went to Epcot and ate in France, which we always try to do once. I enjoy the baguette with butter and strawberry preserves. Wish I could get bread like that at home! And a chocolate eclair. By noon I was feeling the need for a little protein after all those carbs for breakfast. The rest of the family were doing the Land backstage tour of the green houses ( I have done it before so decided to skip it this time) so at the Land food court I got the kids Caesar salad with grilled chicken breast and that totally got me by until dinner. You get a salad, two sides and a small drink for around $7. I got apple slices and carrots and saved the little bags for my husband- he is diabetic and needs to eat little snacks if he starts to get tired. They don’t care if you order from kids menu and I didn’t need a lot of food- just a snack.

Interestingly enough, we have not eaten around the world at Epcot or had any food at the Food and Wine booths. It has been so hot and it just hasn’t sounded like fun to walk around eating in the heat. Sitting in a cool spot has been the choice this trip.

We have not had a bad meal this trip. I think our least favorite has been Pandora counter service. None of us disliked our choices, but we weren’t that thrilled. I was a little surprised since we eat vegetarian a lot of meals at home and the choices looked very healthy and interesting. Probably won’t be a choice again but glad we tryed it once.

Wishes!

Post Thanks / Like

French food is so much fun and so flavorful! Now you'll have to take them to Paris and Toulouse!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

The heat/humidity has been so unpleasant this October. I thought last year was bad, until this October showed up. It can be challenging navigating this weather in the parks. At least you've had some great dining experiences. It was terrific meeting you at Kona!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I also like the tip to order a kid's meal when you don't need a ton of food. They are often healthier but just as satisfying. It also helps me justify getting desert!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

7. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Today is our last day and we are eating in France for diner. That is one sit down we haven’t tryed before and we are looking forward to it!
    Did you eat at Chefs de France? We have this on our list for our November trip and was wondering how it is? We are trying to eat at new places each trip and have a reservation for a late lunch.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good. I like hitting up the bakery in France before WS opens. might do the greenhouse tour at living w the land this trip.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

We did not make it to France last night, we got stuck in the pouring rain for about 10 minutes and got SOAKED about 4 pm. Dryed a little but still pretty wet the rest of evening. I cancelled France and we went back to Poly fast food. I enjoyed that. We had to sit outside because the air conditioning was still getting to me at 8pm. Also got a dole whip.

We went in as a walk-in at Beaches and Cream when they opened. Such a cute little spot. Haven’t been in years. Had a great burger, onion rings, Diet Coke, and single dip chocolate waffle cone.

Wishes!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: