Quantcast Day 3 - I'm Going to Hollywood!!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 3 - I'm Going to Hollywood!!!!

Tuesday October 23 - Our first full day at Disney World, and I planned to spend it at Disney's Hollywood Studios... Now I will state DHS is my least favorite park... I rather drive I95 through Virginia LOL... just kidding my Virginian friends... But I really do not care for DHS, at all.... And even with Toy Story Land, the park is a half day park to me...

My father and I had breakfast in the room and then headed out... We got to the park about 10:30ish... And I was done before we even got inside... For those who don't know, the old bus stops are gone... Replaced with temporary stops until the new stops are finished construction... And the new stops are very far from the park entrance... The lay out and path is crazy... Thankfully it is just temporary during the construction, but still...

Anyway, once inside the gates, we walked over to Indiana Jones, only to see the first show was 12:00... OK, so no Indy Stunt Show for us at that time, so we walked over to Star Tours... ST had a 40 minute wait, and I had Fast Passes scheduled for 12:00, so we continued walking and came upon MuppetVision 3D... Since there was no wait, and the next show was in 10 minutes, The Muppets were to be our first attraction...

Now, I love the Muppets but I don't like what Disney is doing with them... Disney, I beg you MAKE A MUPPET LAND!!!! Give us THE GREAT MUPPET MOVIE RIDE... You have the concepts, you have the plans, DO IT!!!!! MUppetVision 3D.. it is still cute but 3D is so yesterday.... The seats in the theater are old and ratty.... Muppet fans, it is time to move on...

From there we walked back around down to Star Tours and the wait dropped to 25 minutes... We were still early for our Fast Pass so we just went stand by... I thought maybe we could do Star Tours then back track to Indy to catch the 12 o'clock show... Star Tours was awesome as usual, just don't know how long this will be around once Galaxy's Edge opens... But, you know what, if it goes, hopefully it goes for a, oh I don't know, AREA DEDICATED TO THE MUPPETS... That whole area can become Muppet Studios.. OK, I am arm chair Imagineering now...

We did exit Star Tours in time to make it to Indy however, they were at capacity already... Darn my plans are being foiled here... Our Star Tours fast pass came up but I really didn't want to ride it again so soon... So, we made our way to Toy Story Land...

And, well my first impressions.... cute land, horrible lay out... It is too hot... It is too out in the open... I get it, we are in Andy's backyard... But my backyard has shade... His didn't??? Ugh.... Slinky Dog had a 70 minute wait, we had a 3:30 Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania, and Alien Swirling Saucers had a 40 minute wait... So we decided to give Alien Swirling Saucers a try... Fun, cute, not worth 40 minutes on stand by... Not for what felt like 30 seconds, ok maybe a minute... Fast pass, sure... Stand by NO WAY...

We left Toy Story Land and went back over to Indy for the 1:15 show.. And we just made it cause they were just nearly at capacity... Amazing, this show is like older than dirt.... And is still going strong... We enjoyed the show, but I wouldn't be sad to see it go when that time comes....

Our day, at this point, feels like it is dragging... To kill some time, we went to Star Wars Launch Bay... Hey, I love my Star Wars and can't get enough of it... We watched the 10 minute movie and looked around at some of the displays wishing I could have them in my home.... We walked out of Launch Bay and headed to Walt Disney Presents... And this changed a bit... No more scene of Walt standing in front of Florida with the TV cameras in front of him... No more Walt Disney office... Now replaced by huge display for Galaxy's Edge... Spent a few minutes and left there...

Back in Toy Story Land, I waled to the back to see what I could see of the Galaxy's Edge construction, and eh can't really see too too much... We found a spot to sit, in the sunlight since there is little shade, and we waited for 3:30 to come... We headed to the Fast Pass line for TSMM but nope, RIDE DOWN... Ok so now what??? Well we decided to wait the 60 minutes for Slinky Dog... And I will never do that again.... Again, cute and fun coaster, I enjoyed it.... But if I don't have Fast Pass for it, I refuse to wait any longer than 30 minutes, and again, 30 minutes pushes it for this coaster... Sorry it isn't worth 60 minutes of your day to ride it.... At least in my opinion anyway...

TSMM was back up running, so we used the Fast Pass we had for it and hopped on... As simple as it is I do love TSMM... And again, my opinion, best ride in Toy Story Land.... I will give my full review of TSL in a different thread when I return to NJ...

Dinner was booked for 5:30 at 50's Prime Time... Our waitress Megan was AWESOME... She played her part well, yelling at my father for having his elbows on the table and examining his plate to make sure he didn't hide any vegetables... I've dined there before but Megan was the best server I had there, hands down... So Megan from California, if you read these boards YOU WERE AWESOME from your thirsty friends with the Vanilla Coke...

I had Fast Passes for RNRC at 6:45... But we were busting full... We didn't get on Tower of Terror or Rock N Roller Coaster, not after eating and feeling extremely full... So we decided to skip them... Oh well, I won't ride them this trip but it isn't like I haven't been on them before or I won't be back.. I will be back in May.... But I don't know if I want to go to DHS... I have time to decide that...

Instead we waited the hour for Fantasmic... And man how I love this show still... Yea it is old... But a freshening up is all it needs... Should have gotten that freshening up YEARS ago which makes me wonder if the rumblings and rumors of it's demise are true... and when will it happen... I say after Galaxy's Edge opens...

That was our day.... We were beaten up.... Legs hurt, feet hurt, back hurt... And the walk back to the bus.. Only good thing no one was waiting at the Saratoga Line when we arrived so we got right on the bus as it was waiting already at the stop...

Back in the room, we had some water, picked on some chips and watched TV... My father just turned in for the night a few minutes prior to me typing this... I'm about to put on Stacey's Must Do in Disney and fall asleep...

Day 4 - I'm A Wilderness Explorer coming up....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline, PopPhan, baldburke, DisneyEpcotDad liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well....certainly a mixed bag of a park day. Glad you had an excellent dinner - that seemed to be the highlight of your day. I've been unwilling to wait in the long lines for Slinky Dog and have not yet been able to secure fastpasses for this ride so have not yet been on it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Well....certainly a mixed bag of a park day. Glad you had an excellent dinner - that seemed to be the highlight of your day. I've been unwilling to wait in the long lines for Slinky Dog and have not yet been able to secure fastpasses for this ride so have not yet been on it.
    You really aren't missing much with Slinky Dog... Next trip, if I cannot secure FP for it, and the wait is over 15 minutes, I skip... It is too short a ride to justify waiting 30 minutes or more... It's fun, don't get me wrong... But I don't feel it is spectacular...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure this was the day we were at breakfast discussing things going on in WDW and saying "Where is DizneyFreak? He would probably know this stuff." Yes, that was literally said. Sounds like you guys are having a great time together.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I'm pretty sure this was the day we were at breakfast discussing things going on in WDW and saying "Where is DizneyFreak? He would probably know this stuff." Yes, that was literally said. Sounds like you guys are having a great time together.
    I do believe this was the planned day... I had to cancel my ADRs... We had entirely too many breakfasts booked so this wound up one to cut... I would have loved to join you all though...

What questions did you all have??? If you post them here I will do my best to answer them, and if I don't know the answer, I'll try to get the answers for you all....

Actually, I did find out one piece of news but I am not sure I am at liberty to say just yet...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I do believe this was the planned day... I had to cancel my ADRs... We had entirely too many breakfasts booked so this wound up one to cut... I would have loved to join you all though...

What questions did you all have??? If you post them here I will do my best to answer them, and if I don't know the answer, I'll try to get the answers for you all....

Actually, I did find out one piece of news but I am not sure I am at liberty to say just yet...
    I don't remember everything, but I believe part of our discussion was how they were going to connect Star Tours with Star Wars Land. Move Star Tours? Turn that whole area with muppets into part of Star Wars Land? Just get rid of Star Tours altogether?

I totally understand about booking too many ADRs. I have done that before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I don't remember everything, but I believe part of our discussion was how they were going to connect Star Tours with Star Wars Land. Move Star Tours? Turn that whole area with muppets into part of Star Wars Land? Just get rid of Star Tours altogether?

I totally understand about booking too many ADRs. I have done that before.
    I believe Star Tours is going to remain separate... I don't see how they are going to connect it... They may, but I don't know of any plans for them to do so....

The Muppet area is just armchair imagineering, though they did have plans for a Great Muppet Movie ride... With the way they tanked the TV show, and with no new Muppet movies on the schedule, I doubt we will see anything more with the muppets... I wish that weren't the case though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I believe Star Tours is going to remain separate... I don't see how they are going to connect it... They may, but I don't know of any plans for them to do so....
    That will just be weird.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: