Quantcast Artist Point going the way of the character dining........should i go before

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Artist Point going the way of the character dining........should i go before

I like Artist Point a lot..the mushroom soup is great, it was the first place i had buffalo steak and the first i had cedar plank salmon (the plank was on fire when they brought it to me) I have eaten here w various people on trip, nephews, girlfriends, solo. there was a waiter named dixxy Ixxy one time i went. now it is going to be a character meal, I guess to increase attendance there. and i worry it will go the way of Akershus which used to be good then they changed it to a princess meal and the food went downhill. Next wk. Oct 30th I go to WDW for a week...and am wondering if I should go to AP for a final meal......I will have the dining plan for 6 nights and I know it isnt usually a good idea to use 2 Table services for a place. my first night i am not on the dining plan so could go there and pay OOP. anyone been there lately and have an opinion
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I at there last night for the first time and it was great. The staff is not very excited to be changing to character dining and the menu will be greatly reduced to streamline guests. If you like it there, I would recommend going again before the change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wjrhw View Post
    I at there last night for the first time and it was great. The staff is not very excited to be changing to character dining and the menu will be greatly reduced to streamline guests. If you like it there, I would recommend going again before the change.
    I was wondering what the staff felt about the change. what did you have to eat
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

I would go one last time. We were there once and had a lovely meal (it was my first Buffalo steak too). It is a beautiful space with a nice atmosphere. Would probably have gone again, if we had the opportunity. As much we also enjoy the character meals, we kind of did a when we heard about the change. I am sure it is to increase traffic, but it is nice to have a few places that are a little less Disney and kidified and a bit more formal and adult.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent_vf View Post
    I would go one last time. We were there once and had a lovely meal (it was my first Buffalo steak too). It is a beautiful space with a nice atmosphere. Would probably have gone again, if we had the opportunity. As much we also enjoy the character meals, we kind of did a when we heard about the change. I am sure it is to increase traffic, but it is nice to have a few places that are a little less Disney and kidified and a bit more formal and adult.
    I agree. its not too formal but good food, nice views , inside WL.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

By all means, do it one more time. The wife and I ate there once on one our of our first trips to WDW on the DDP, back when it was still a good deal. We really enjoyed the experience, and if its going away, I'd be kicking myself if I missed one last chance.

I haven't been following Disney news lately, this one took me by surprise. With Whispering Canyon already an "overly kid friendly" restaurant, really surprised they are stripping WL of its only remaining adult restaurant. From the Pacific North Woods to the Scary Woods?? Seems a bit of a stretch for me to see the connection and the placement. Obviously this is a decision driven soley by pure economics and not consumer wants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    By all means, do it one more time. The wife and I ate there once on one our of our first trips to WDW on the DDP, back when it was still a good deal. We really enjoyed the experience, and if its going away, I'd be kicking myself if I missed one last chance.

I haven't been following Disney news lately, this one took me by surprise. With Whispering Canyon already an "overly kid friendly" restaurant, really surprised they are stripping WL of its only remaining adult restaurant. From the Pacific North Woods to the Scary Woods?? Seems a bit of a stretch for me to see the connection and the placement. Obviously this is a decision driven soley by pure economics and not consumer wants.
    yea im guessing not enough traffic going there....just debating whether to go there and pay OOP or use 2 dining credits, which all say usually isnt a good deal. but i still have 2 TS credits to book. or i can use my disney visa 10% off
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Roasted Heritage Chicken and my wife had the Filet Mignon. I also had the Land Greens Salad. Everything was great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    yea im guessing not enough traffic going there....just debating whether to go there and pay OOP or use 2 dining credits, which all say usually isnt a good deal. but i still have 2 TS credits to book. or i can use my disney visa 10% off
    The chicken entree that I had was only $36.00. I would pay for this and save the credits for a more expensive meal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: