Quantcast What is this planning you speak of? Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is this planning you speak of? Day 6

We were up like a herd of turtles today. After brunch, we stopped by another unique souvenir shop. This one had a giant Mermaid on the building. By this point, I realized I needed another suitcase just to haul my Christmas presents back. This place had a really big bag type suitcase for $15. Perfect! DS also bought an assortment of presents to take back home. Thankfully, the truck we were in had a back row of seats which folded up, leaving us plenty of room to put our assorted treasures each time we went shopping.
    We had decided that today would be a DHS day. I had this weird idea to bring my cowboy boots and hat specifically to get pictures in Toy Storyland. They had their own little suitcase for me to carry on just to ensure that my hat didn't get squished. I didn't want to trounce around in boots all day though. I wore my tennis shoes, and DS was a sport while carrying my backpack full of boots. DS really wanted my hat, so we traded it off and on throughout the day. (I let him keep it after our trip was over.)
    We were able to make fastpasses for Star Tours (DS loves it), Muppets (didn't want to miss it before it left) and Little Mermaid (never done this before). DS didn't want to do ToT or RnR, since I am not able to do them. We did want to get pics in front of them though. We decided that we would save the pictures for later and headed to Star Tours. DS has always been a huge Star Wars fan, so on our first trip, we had spent quite a lot of time taking pictures around the Star Tours area. One shot is of him under the slightly raised AT-AT foot. He really wanted to recreate it now. He had a bit of a harder time fitting this time. lol We had a moment of sadness that the Backlot Tour was gone. (One trip I had shipped the boys' lightsabers out to Disney World for Star Wars Weekends. Then we spent some time on the Star Wars things in the backlot tour. I also made some cheesy photoshop pictures with them - did anyone else's kids want to be on a land speeder over the sarlacc pit?)
    The wait for Star Tours said 10 minutes, so we got in line. DS had this dream to video tape himself riding every combination available on Star Tours. We made it through three rides, and I had to call it quits. DS didn't want to leave me waiting, so he didn't ride any more either. We wandered over to where they have the Galaxy's Edge mural, and I took a picture of DS in front of it. Then it was time for Muppets.
    DS had never seen the Muppets show. He liked it quite a bit. After creating a giant hole in the wall of the building, we were able to get out and discover that we were hungry. We wandered through the Muppets store while we debated what we wanted to eat. In the end, we went to Backlot Express. It was only around 5 pm, but they were already shutting down half of the restaurant. We had to hike all the way across to fill our drinks.
    It was time for us to go see Ariel. While we were in the waiting area, I found a picture of the Loch Ness monster, which I posted on Facebook for the "Where in the Disney World am I?" game. I don't think anyone ever figured it out. We waited around for a while, but then I couldn't just stand in place any longer. We decided to head to Toy Storyland, stopping for my wardrobe change.

After obtaining a return time for Slinky Dog, we spent our time getting fun pictures around Toy Storyland. I like this place a lot more at night. That could also be because this time I actually had time to take in the atmosphere instead of worry about the whole family group like my last visit. I think DS liked a lot of it, because it is actually taller than he is. That isn't easy to find, since he is 6'4".
    It was time for Slinky Dog Dash. So the last time I went on this, I was terrified that DGD was going to fly out of the ride. It's a throw back to when I was young and flipped over the safety bar on a ride. Holding on until they got our car down to the ground wasn't fun. Due to that, I didn't really pay attention to anything on the ride except her. This time, I discovered that you could see the construction on Galaxy's Edge. It was nighttime though, so I didn't get a great look at it. I told myself I wanted to go back during the day to get a better view. We never made it though.
    We stopped at TSMM to see if we could get a return time. The CM let us go right on. DS was ahead the whole ride until the very last scene. I pulled out ahead. I'm pretty sure he let me win, but he was also trying to record it on the phone which distracted him. We stopped for a lot of photo opportunities during our exit walk, including one shot of DS crouching down in the grass with one of the army men pretending to be looking through binoculars.
    By this time, the rides were closed. DS didn't want to go see the Star Wars fireworks again, and we realized that we never made it back for the photopass pictures in front of ToT and RnR. DS said we would just go take our own.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You certainly have very full and busy days!! Sounds like both you and your son have been having a wonderful time!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    You certainly have very full and busy days!! Sounds like both you and your son have been having a wonderful time!!!
    Yep, falling and his subsequent trip with me was an amazing good fortune in disguise.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: