Quantcast 30 Day FP for Flight of Passage?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 30 Day FP for Flight of Passage?

So we are thinking of adding a AK day to an cruise in March and were thinking of doing a 1 day ticket with an off-park hotel stay. How have Flight of Passage FP been lately at the 30 day mark?
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Still extremely difficult to get 30 days out. Depending on the time of year, they're even tough to get 60 days out. But it never hurts to check. Hope you get lucky!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep trying daily...Sometimes they come up.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

God luck with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah good luck with that. You can't even get them at the 60 day mark when staying onsite unless you have about a 7 to 10 day stay planned and you get them at the 60 day mark for one of the latter days in your stay. If you have a 5 day or less stay, they will almost always already be gone when you try at the 60 day or at least that has been my experience. Aggravating to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Keep trying daily...Sometimes they come up.
    That's funny. Since it has opened, I've managed one.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I just express again how much I hate nae loath the Fast Pass Plus system? It used to be a family could be spontaneous and decide on a whim what park to go to on a day and not be shut out of the E ticket rides. Now it seems one needs to plan a trip six months out in order to plan to go on a ride for 2 to 3 minutes.

Not me....haven’t been to Disneyworld since and won’t be until things change.

In he meantime take the day and go to Universal or Seaworld.

9. Thanks Wayne thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Can I just express again how much I hate nae loath the Fast Pass Plus system? It used to be a family could be spontaneous and decide on a whim what park to go to on a day and not be shut out of the E ticket rides. Now it seems one needs to plan a trip six months out in order to plan to go on a ride for 2 to 3 minutes.

I could not agree with you more. After it was implemented, I stopped going. The ONLY reason I returned last year was because I was was transferred to Florida. At my wife's behest, we have APs. More often than not, we go to the parks on a day trip and don't even get on a single attraction because anything worth a flip doesn't have any FPs left.

It's a horrible system and I hate everything about it.

11. Thanks John thanked for this post
    Likes DizneyFreak2002, Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    That's funny. Since it has opened, I've managed one.
    Same here... only managed one... And I consider myself lucky for that one...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post

I could not agree with you more. After it was implemented, I stopped going. The ONLY reason I returned last year was because I was was transferred to Florida. At my wife's behest, we have APs. More often than not, we go to the parks on a day trip and don't even get on a single attraction because anything worth a flip doesn't have any FPs left.

It's a horrible system and I hate everything about it.
    I can't agree more. I hate everything about it and can't imagine why anyone other than maybe first time guests that think they are getting something would like it. Most of our trips lately have been for special events such as sports and beta club nationals for our children. We haven't planned a regular vacation there in several years. We have one more year of possibly having to go for some special events and then we are going to be done with it for the most part. We may go once for a few days every few years for the nostalgia but full blown vacations to WDW will be history. This is coming from someone who used to love the place and could not see a time when I would not want to visit at least once and maybe two or three times a year. We used to have APs and almost bought into DVC. I cannot express how glad we are that we did not buy DVC.

14. Thanks RunDMV thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff liked this post
    Dislikes RunDMV disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I can't agree more. I hate everything about it and can't imagine why anyone other than maybe first time guests that think they are getting something would like it. Most of our trips lately have been for special events such as sports and beta club nationals for our children. We haven't planned a regular vacation there in several years. We have one more year of possibly having to go for some special events and then we are going to be done with it for the most part. We may go once for a few days every few years for the nostalgia but full blown vacations to WDW will be history. This is coming from someone who used to love the place and could not see a time when I would not want to visit at least once and maybe two or three times a year. We used to have APs and almost bought into DVC. I cannot express how glad we are that we did not buy DVC.
    I didn't mean to dislike your post.

I'd be curious to see what is the ratio of one-and-done/infrequent guests to long-term repeat guests. I suspect the repeat guests #s are falling.

Disney could care less if there are repeat guests as long as one-and-dones #s stay high.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mean to dislike your post.

Disney could care less if there are repeat guests as long as one-and-dones #s stay high.
    How many one-and-dones didn't start out that way, but their first time experience made them vow never to return? The first time visitor is at a tremendous dis-advantage.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Not looking forward to trying to get FastPasses. This will be the first long trip with the family since they started using the bands. Getting close to my window to book passes, and don't like hearing even 60 days out, its not so easy to get them.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Same here... only managed one... And I consider myself lucky for that one...
    Not sure how I have gotten so lucky, but I have made 3 trips since the Pandora area opened and have been able to secure at least 2 trip on A:FoP on each trip. I tend to give some back because I don't want to spend ALL my time in AK.

My only 'trick' is to start at the end of my trip and work backward. Do not worry about the time you initially get because you can keep going back to try for a different/better/more suitable time for you.

Maybe, it helps that I am a solo traveler, too.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

My only 'trick' is to start at the end of my trip and work backward. Do not worry about the time you initially get because you can keep going back to try for a different/better/more suitable time for you
    That’s what I did today. We will only be at the parks 4 days, so I started on our last day and got Flight of Passage for all of us. Originally at 5:30pm, but was able to move them up to 3pm about 15 minutes later.
    Chris °O°

20. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how I have gotten so lucky, but I have made 3 trips since the Pandora area opened and have been able to secure at least 2 trip on A:FoP on each trip. I tend to give some back because I don't want to spend ALL my time in AK.

My only 'trick' is to start at the end of my trip and work backward. Do not worry about the time you initially get because you can keep going back to try for a different/better/more suitable time for you.

Maybe, it helps that I am a solo traveler, too.
    I never worry about the time... I work my day around the time I get the FP for the more popular rides... But it always seems with FoP my luck is nil...

I wonder though if solo does help... October I was with my father, no luck... April, when I went solo, I scored the FP... We'll see again in May... I'm going solo again... when I get to pick FP, let's see if I hit it lucky...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

22. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    That’s what I did today. We will only be at the parks 4 days, so I started on our last day and got Flight of Passage for all of us. Originally at 5:30pm, but was able to move them up to 3pm about 15 minutes later.
    Working backwards worked for you then??? Awesome!!! Glad you got FP... Are you going to AK on your last day then??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Working backwards worked for you then??? Awesome!!! Glad you got FP... Are you going to AK on your last day then??
    Yes, we are going to Animal Kingdom on our last day. First day will only be a half day, since we will have come back from Disney Cruise in the morning. Doing the Magic Kingdom on first day. Being Disneyland passholders, there will be a lot we are skipping at MK.
    Chris °O°

25. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    Yes, we are going to Animal Kingdom on our last day. First day will only be a half day, since we will have come back from Disney Cruise in the morning. Doing the Magic Kingdom on first day. Being Disneyland passholders, there will be a lot we are skipping at MK.
    Awesome!!! Have a great time!!! I save Epcot and MK for the end of my trip usually... Animal Kingdom is my 3rd full day there... DHS is my first... I have my ADRs booked too... When my 60 days comes up, I will check to see what I do with my FP... I can always change

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: