Quantcast Really furious at Disney Visa

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Really furious at Disney Visa

I cannot believe what happened to us yesterday. We're planning to go out of town after xmas. Booked our hotel around mid-day. Then a short time later I went to buy tickets for a show. The card wouldn't go through. I call customer service, speak to someone, say this is really me making this purchase. She tells me she's cleared it and I'm good to go - except I wasn't. I call back to be told that somehow, instead of being cleared, this was kicked up to a higher security level and I had to speak to the "executive Disney dept." Fine. Except - they don't work on Sundays!! They completely shut us down two days before xmas, with my husband out shopping and me trying to get tickets to a show and had no one there who could help us!! I was blown away. The seats I wanted to purchase are long gone. I am so livid that I'm thinking of canceling. We love our Disney Rewards Dollars, but I know there are other great reward cards out there. What kind of a company leaves it's customers hanging like that - two days before the holidays?? I'm calling back today because they're "supposed" to be in on Mondays. I have to do it right when I'm supposed to be out the door for a riding lesson, so whoever I get had better be extremely responsive. Anyone else had this insane experience? One of the people I talked to yesterday was just as upset as I was. She said this happens all the time, that they get calls on Sunday and can't help the customers.
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They really should have someone there, especially for this time of year. Sorry you weren't able to get your tickets.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

4. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Cinderelley. Those tickets were going to be a big surprise for our girls. I'm heartbroken. I honestly appreciate the fraud monitoring. Although, it's clearly not very smart because we'd just booked a hotel where we were trying to buy tickets for a show. And to have no one there to help customers?! At one of the busiest times of the year for shopping, travel and fraud issues?? It's completely unbelievable.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you had a bad experience!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

7. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Faline. Still waiting to hear back from a customer service "supervisor". I've also emailed Disney Guest Services about this experience.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

I had a frustrating experience with them as well.

Two years ago we were visiting CA with a Disneyland trip. I purchased our park tickets, online, after we got there. Everything "appeared" to go through with the transaction. I even received the email with my digital tickets. Our ride dropped us off at Downtown Disney with plans to take the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. At the monorail entrance gate, with ZERO wait, our tickets were denied. The CM was clueless as to why so she sent us to the main entrance (which is no SHORT walk, I'll tell you!). The main entrance had L..O..N..G lines and we patiently waited out turn. They then denied entrance as well! We were then sent over to Customer Relations with even L..O..N..G..E..R lines than the main entrance.

They finally figured out that our tickets were cancelled through the fraud department of Chase Disney. Not only that, I couldn't use the card at all because it went into lockdown after trying to use the digital tickets twice at each entrance. Fortunately, we always travel with 2-3 various credit cards so I put the purchase on a different card (ironic side note, my other Visa is with Chase ). That fiasco caused us to lose nearly 2hrs of park time. I too was LIVID!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

10. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Disney has anything to do with the administration of those credit cards. They are just Chase credit cards with a Disney rewards program. It is Chase you should be upset with and it is pretty surprising to hear they do not have customer service available on Sundays to handle the fraud detection.

I have had cards get turned off by fraud detection many times while I am out of town and on vacation. I keep multiple credit cards and debit cards along with a fair amount of cash on me at all times so I can carry on and deal with it later if a problem comes up. My capital one card was actually compromised once while I was out of town and they shut it down. I already knew there had just been a fraudulent charge attempt because I have my account set to send me notifications of every charge on my phone and i get them within seconds. I called them and we confirmed it was actual fraud, I explained we were out of town on vacation. What they were able to do is allow me to go into my capital one app and turn the card off myself, they then reactivated my account and told me to go into the app and turn the card on right before I go to use it and then go right back in and turn it back off after my purchase is approved. By the time I got back home, a new card with a new number was in the mailbox and I called to activate it and they shut the old one down permanently. It worked out well so if anyone is thinking about getting a new card, Capital One has a really good cash back card and great app along with great customer service at this time.

I had a Disney rewards chase card back several years ago. I didn't use it much because my other credit cards with cash back rewards have a better return. Chase closed my account because I didn't use it for a while. lol Oh well, sounds like the did me a favor anyway.

12. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do realize this is a Chase issue, but if Disney is going to let them slap their name on a card, then leave it's customers hanging, I feel Disney should get an earful too.

I've just never, ever had this happen with a credit card. We don't carry another card.... well, we did, but never used it, so it was cancelled. We wanted all our charges to go on the Disney card for our reward dollars. We will have to start carrying a back up card. What if we'd been on a road trip in the middle of nowhere and needed gas or someplace to stay? DH does carry the debit card, so we would have that, but I hate to use that when we're out of town.

The last customer service person I spoke to at Chase gave me the address for the executive offices and really encouraged me to write - which I'm going to do. Reaching out to Disney guest services only got the, albeit very polite, response that I need to contact Chase. So I'm going to CC the letter to Chase to the Disney exec offices as well. I just have to find that address. Maybe in the end we just need to use a different credit card entirely. I know there are cards out there with better cash back rewards. I would be grateful for any recommendations!
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

The Capital One cards are good right now. They have one with 1.5% cashback on every purchase with no limits. I have one of them and am happy with it and the way they handle fraud detection. They also have the Venture cards which are the "miles" or points type of cards. I'm not sure what all you can redeem the points for outside of airline tickets but I do know there are other options. One of my friends has the Venture card and he is also pleased.

My other personal credit card is through my credit union. It is also a 1.5% cashback on every purchase card and I am very pleased with it as well. I have had it compromised a couple of times and they shut it down and sent me a new card with a new number and I just used my other card during that time. I didn't ask them to try to see if we could work around it somehow at the time because I could just use my other card.

I like the cashback cards rather than rewards cards because I can have the cashback rewards put directly on my credit card and spend it on whatever I like whether it be for a WDW trip or plane tickets to Paris.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is like Krusty the Clown from Simpsons. Put their name on anything. Krusty switchblade. Or like the Bag O line from SNL.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite