Quantcast Quick extended weekend day 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick extended weekend day 3

Today’s plan is EPCOT, main objective here is the Candlelight Procesional and to see Illuminations ROE one last night before it is retired. At over $120per person for a single day it’s a lot, but nostalgia makes rational thinking seem less important. To see ROE retired is tough for me, even as I understand the need to change and move forward. Best firework show ever along with the music, but it represents more to me. During its run was our rapid ascension for our love of our Disney Vacation and such great memories of seemingly new adventures each time. Through this time, DVC was purchased, our son and daughter were born, and multiple trips with extended friends and family.

Again another beautiful morning, quick breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery, bagel for the wife, Brioche breakfast sandwich for me. Would not get the sandwich again, costly for 1 thin slice of ham and scrambled egg. Through International Gatewy at opening and onward to Land Pavilion. Walk on to both Soarin and LwL, 2 favorites. Head over to Pixar Short Films. Never have really liked the old Mickey films, but Pixar shorts were great. Watched the kids chase the water for a while then cut across to single riders at TT. 45 min for single riders! Yikes everybody seems to have figured this out. Was gonna do SE but huge line! I blamed it on being morning and people gravitate to it immediately upon entry. (Soon to learn I was wrong on that theory)

We decide to eat lunch outside of EPCOT, so make our way to Yacht Club. 45 min wait so we trek on around to Boardwalk and get seated outside at Big River Brewery. Very good lunch here, meatloaf with Italian sausage mixed in for me, habanero glazed chicken for my wife. With our tummies satisfied, we decided to relax alongside the main pool for an hour. This is a great place to find a lounge chair as several have shade above from the trees and with the pleasant afternoon we both slipped off for a short nap, ahhh.

We walked back to EPCOT thinking maybe we would get in the standby line for the first cp showing. Wrong! Line was huge and cast member was there estimating where the cutoff would be for first show. So we headed on to see 3 Cabeorols and SE. SE standby was shorter than morning so no problem right? Took 50 min to get on, endless stream of fast passers. I remember waiting along time when it first opened in ‘82, but never again like this. I think everyone just Fp’s this now because your choices are limited at EPCOT.
    Makes standby line miserable when you don’t move at all.

Head back and get in line for cp. Have a really nice conversation with a retired autoworker from Detroit, he’s been down here ten year now and also loves the cp.
    I jump out of line and bring back a turkey baguette from France and the lamb platter from Morocco for both of us to share.

John Stamos was the narrator tonight, lots of girls catching a glimpse of this handsome man. Show was just as wonderful as always, trulely moving!

Short wait now for Illumination ROE. The crowds really cleared out and we had no problem finding a good spot on the plaza in front of Italy. What was to be my nostalgic last run of ROE was a letdown For the last couple of years I noticed they have removed the high white expensive fireworks from ROE, and sure enough they where missing. But this time the single flares that shoot around the lake where moved way off shore inwards making a pathetic circle, is this because of safety? or construction? Well at least we have the holiday illuminations to finish with a bang! Ha! The holiday illuminations was flat out PATHETIC compared to years past. No high climbing fireworks, and no deafening rumble at the finish that goes right through your bones. This was just a repeat of some low flying bright lights just as in ROE.

I heard Siemens is no longer sponsoring? Is this the reason? On one of our back stage magic tours we were told Disney always wants to send you home on a big finish. This was an epic fail and felt cheap, are they saving money on fireworks?

On the walk back to the Dolphin, I tried to let go of my disappointment and remember how fortunate I was to be able to getaway for a nice weekend. Most everybody else would have loved to switch shoes with me.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you were disappointed in the fireworks. (We hadn't seen the fireworks show for the last year so recently made a point of seeing it again before it ends. We did enjoy it!!) At least you got to see the Candlelight Processional and spend a day in Epcot!!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: