Quantcast Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 4 Nov 29 - MK and MVMCP and Birthday!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Birthday Trip To The Lodge - Day 4 Nov 29 - MK and MVMCP and Birthday!

Today was my 47th birthday and unlike the previous 46 it was warm and sunny! usually my birthdays are cold, damp and frosty. Definitely a good start to the day. DH had bought all my cards over as a surprise so good to get those. After a good breakfast sitting in the sun, we headed off to MK via the boat. What a lovely relaxing start to the day and security much quicker and less crowded at the dock. After entering MK, DH persuaded me along with a CM that 47 is a great age for my first pair of Minnie ears so I got the Xmas ones - the red and green with sequin snowflakes. Feeling more than a tad self-conscious we had our first fastpass at Haunted Mansion. Seemed a lot darker in light level than 4 years ago ( or could be my poor night vision ) but still a favourite or ours. Next was POTC with the new red-head scene, I like her as a pirate. We then did the Pirate Adventure, managed to do all 5 and got 2 fastpasses for POTC as a reward from Capt Jack for finding the treasure!
    We next had our first Mickey bar ( yum ) then Jingle Cruise!! We love this ride. DH used the wheelchair boat so had to wait a little longer but that's ok. We really liked the overlay and the Xmas jokes.
    We had an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern, although both dining areas are up about 4 steps there was a lift to take 1 wheelchair which DH used, he finds staying in his chair more comfortable than transferring. As on DDP and birthday, I had Angry Orchard cider and DH had a Boston made beer along with the dinner platter. Food was really good and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake dessert was just gorgeous.
    Came out about an hour later and headed off to POTC for our fastpass and to get our party wristband. Yay! our first MVMCP!
    We met Stitch and I had a sweatshirt on with Stitch in Santa hat, sequin gloves and boots and it says "Merry Stitchmas". Stitch loved it and gave me several hugs and a kiss! We also met Tiana and Naveen - we talked food - Rapunzel and Flynn - we talked birthdays and Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps! Got in their line just before they came out and glad did as it kept growing all night. Why is there no Zootropolis merchandise when they and the movie are so popular?
    Spent the party gathering cookies - 20 in total and doing special party experiences. The Tomorrowland show with Stitch was fun but the acapella singers were amazing! fantastic voices! Enjoyed the parade and then headed over to the disabled area for fireworks viewing. Great area, got at the front next to railing and I could sit next to DH on wall to watch rather than stand behind. The fireworks!! WOW! Wonderful view, could see almost everything as opposed to 4 years ago with no designated area and DH watched peoples' rear ends and I saw some fireworks on peoples' ipads with ramped up anxiety from being surrounded in a large crowd with no escape route in sight.
    Left around 11.30pm and I'd also forgotten I'd been wearing Minnie ears all night too - guess I didn't feel self-conscious anymore. They went on every morning, came off at night for the rest of the trip
    All in all BEST BIRTHDAY EVER as I said to Rapunzel.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad you got to enjoy your BEST BIRTHDAY EVER in Disney World!! What a fun day you had!! The holiday party was the perfect way to end such a terrific day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: